Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 2, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 2, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Logray from Cartoon Ewoks:

I did not know about any of the star wars cartoon tv series or figures from this cartoon tv series when I was a kid in the 80s. It was first in the 90s
I saw this Ewoks cartoon tv series and it was first in 2001 as a collector that I learned about that there was action figures for this great cartoon tv series :oops:

Here is a few pictures of my little Logray collection .

All of you are also welcome to add pictures of your logray cartoon collection and what do you guys think about the ewok cartoon figures and the tv series ? :D

Logray 2.jpg

Logray 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 2, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm afraid the Ewoks cartoon rather passed me by. By the time it came out, I was a bit too old for it, and as a consequence the Ewoks figures have never had the same appeal for me as figures from the original trilogy, and for that reason I don't collect them. Having said that, I know many collectors do like them, so hopefully some Forum members will have some good photos to share :-)

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm

I’m afraid that I too do not have any Ewok figures, or have ever seen the cartoons.
Saying that this he is a great little figure, I’m sure others will have more to add!

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Hooch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm

A week when I can add at least something :)
I have yet to see a episode of the cartoon series, maybe one day
I do have a few things with Logray making a appearance but will start with this pic. Video counter display is not vintage but looks out of place with the modern bears
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)

My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Not mine anymore but this formed part of my original KayBee collection
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular

Postby retrotoyinfo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 am

Your testing us with this one! Here is my Logray on the card. I think he is the rarest of the Ewoks series, what do you think?

The Droids and Ewoks series have become more famous for the unproduced second series figures that were advertised in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog 1986. I think as well because of Glasslite Vlix. Kenner had major plans to continue the cartoons and figures, including the Pre-School line, along with the POTF figures. It is a shame all of these plans were dropped in 1986.

I always thought four of the six ewok figures looked similar, I often mixed up dulok shaman and dulok scout. Logray added something special to the series.

www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 am

Hooch wrote:A week when I can add at least something :)
I have yet to see a episode of the cartoon series, maybe one day
I do have a few things with Logray making a appearance but will start with this pic. Video counter display is not vintage but looks out of place with the modern bears

Wow I love that display and you also have a logray moc 8) . Why is the video display not vintage ? :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 am

lejackal wrote:Not mine anymore but this formed part of my original KayBee collection

Sorry to read that you do not have that moc anymore :( but it was a really great moc that you had, I love it 8)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 am

retrotoyinfo wrote:Your testing us with this one! Here is my Logray on the card. I think he is the rarest of the Ewoks series, what do you think?

The Droids and Ewoks series have become more famous for the unproduced second series figures that were advertised in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog 1986. I think as well because of Glasslite Vlix. Kenner had major plans to continue the cartoons and figures, including the Pre-School line, along with the POTF figures. It is a shame all of these plans were dropped in 1986.

I always thought four of the six ewok figures looked similar, I often mixed up dulok shaman and dulok scout. Logray added something special to the series.

I am not an expert on Ewok moc, but I also think it is more rare than the others. if I remember correct the figure is also the most expensive of them all.

I agree the second series is more famous and when this custom made moc is for sale then they sell for more money than many original moc :shock:

Yes it was a shame they dropped it in 1986 :( I guess for kids it was also not fun only to have 2 ewoks and 4 duloks :?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 am

Mini99 wrote:I’m afraid that I too do not have any Ewok figures, or have ever seen the cartoons.
Saying that this he is a great little figure, I’m sure others will have more to add!

all episodes of the cartoon is on youtube :wink:

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Hooch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 am

Pomse2001 wrote:Wow I love that display and you also have a logray moc 8) . Why is the video display not vintage ? :?

The display is from 1996-97 but certainly looks the part

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular

Postby retrotoyinfo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:Your testing us with this one! Here is my Logray on the card. I think he is the rarest of the Ewoks series, what do you think?

I am not an expert on Ewok moc, but I also think it is more rare than the others. if I remember correct the figure is also the most expensive of them all.

I agree the second series is more famous and when this custom made moc is for sale then they sell for more money than many original moc :shock:

Yes it was a shame they dropped it in 1986 :( I guess for kids it was also not fun only to have 2 ewoks and 4 duloks :?

Not sure if you are referring to mine, but it is original carded one not custom made. I have found a lot (relatively speaking) of the original Droids and Ewoks series cards can be found unpunched, maybe because they were not as popular and were not retailed on hangers?

It was a bit of a ruse creating a ewoks series figures with only two out of six ewoks. And then to rub salt in the wounds, have more ewok figures on the way which were never produced. Same as Vlix which was the most impressive Droids figure, then for Kenner not bother to make it!

I am also fan of ewok pre-school line, I probably love the ewoks toys more than I do the ewoks in the rotj
www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Hooch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 am

Logray makes a appearance in this Spanish Cube Puzzle

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Hooch wrote:Logray makes a appearance in this Spanish Cube Puzzle

You really do have a great assortment of Ewok items.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of things the Ewok image was used in.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Hooch wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Wow I love that display and you also have a logray moc 8) . Why is the video display not vintage ? :?

The display is from 1996-97 but certainly looks the part

Thanks, amazing I did not know they sold them on video in the 90s :shock:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”