Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 3, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 3, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby retrotoyinfo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Hi Andy, wow I love that box :shock: I thought this vehicles was on cardbacks ? :shock:

Lars, Are you thinking of the die cast range?

Yes I was thinking about that one, is that not the same as the Micro or is it 2 different items ? do we need a diecast run or is micro or diecast the same ?

The Micro collection was completely different, although there are similarities that could be pointed out. A micro collection Tie Fighter was also made which also had a diecast series counterpart. Most of the Micro collection was playset based, but these two vehicles were released separately in the micro range, probably because they were seen as the best of the Diecast line.

The micro vehicles are plastic with a diecast figure, whereas the diecast series were diecast vehicles with a plastic figure. The micro series was all launched in boxes with a few mailer boxes and a couple of department store exclusives.

I will be doing a post on micro collection at some point at http://www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk

Below is the Micro collection introduced in the 1982 Kenner Toy Fair catalog. The X-wing got a nice full page advert

www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Hi Andy, wow I love that box :shock: I thought this vehicles was on cardbacks ? :shock:

Lars, Are you thinking of the die cast range?

Yes I was thinking about that one, is that not the same as the Micro or is it 2 different items ? do we need a diecast run or is micro or diecast the same ?

definitely not the same

diecast is much smaller and has less features. micro collection has removal pilots too. For comparison look at the luke in jabbawookie's photo compared to the micro luke

Lovely sealed example too
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:17 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Lars, Are you thinking of the die cast range?

The Micro collection was completely different, although there are similarities that could be pointed out. A micro collection Tie Fighter was also made which also had a diecast series counterpart. Most of the Micro collection was playset based, but these two vehicles were released separately in the micro range, probably because they were seen as the best of the Diecast line.

Don't forget the falcon and snowspeeder

I'll save my photos of them for another toy of the week :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

The micro vehicles are plastic with a diecast figure, whereas the diecast series were diecast vehicles with a plastic figure. The micro series was all launched in boxes with a few mailer boxes and a couple of department store exclusives.

I will be doing a post on micro collection at some point at http://www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk

Below is the Micro collection introduced in the 1982 Kenner Toy Fair catalog. The X-wing got a nice full page advert

thanks mate for the info I did not know that :shock:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm

spoons wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

definitely not the same

diecast is much smaller and has less features. micro collection has removal pilots too. For comparison look at the luke in jabbawookie's photo compared to the micro luke

Lovely sealed example too

Thanks andy, do you know how many diecast there is ? because then I will add them to the master thread of star wars toy of the week :wink:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm

retrotoyinfo wrote:Image

Loving the graphics in that 1982 Kenner Toy Fair Catalogue

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Thanks andy, do you know how many diecast there is ? because then I will add them to the master thread of star wars toy of the week :wink:

You need to click the link in my signature Lars :)

11 ships in total
54CC5309-9E28-4B82-9193-AE0C046A1CEF.png
E28BF54E-59C7-4A34-87E4-35716152221D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 am

spoons wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

You need to click the link in my signature Lars :)

11 ships in total54CC5309-9E28-4B82-9193-AE0C046A1CEF.pngE28BF54E-59C7-4A34-87E4-35716152221D.png

Thanks andy, I have added them to the master thread :wink: cool link 8)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”