SWTOTW, Week 3, 2018, Part 2/2 12" Jawa Action Figure

Pomse2001

Grand Master
12" Jawa Action Figure:

jawas_42e63e07.jpg

I also do not collect the 12" Dolls but I know many members here on the forum collect them. So again guys please help, show all of us your 12" Jawa dolls collection.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry Lars, another week that I have nothing to add, really wish I did. :(
Jawa and R2 large size action figures are high on my list of wants, if anyone has either gor sale, boxed or loose considered.
Sorry for the cheap plug :roll:
Hope everyone has lots to show.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Sorry Lars, another week that I have nothing to add, really wish I did. :(
Jawa and R2 large size action figures are high on my list of wants, if anyone has either gor sale, boxed or loose considered.
Sorry for the cheap plug :roll:
Hope everyone has lots to show.

No problem mate, I also do not have one. We just have to wait to see what other memebers have :D Maybe you get lucky and get one soon that you can add to the thread :wink: Me I do not collect the dolls, I am busy enough with the action figures :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It is not a DOLL!! :shock: It is an ACTION FIGURE!! :lol: Barbie's a doll.. G.I Joe coined the phrase action figure - for boys toys.

I like some of the 12" range. I have a nice loose Jawa, I'll stick a photo up tomorrow.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think that one or two, well one in particular take offence to these collectibles being called dolls. :?
Best call them large scale action figures, that way you won't offend anyone...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
It is not a DOLL!! :shock: It is an ACTION FIGURE!! :lol: Barbie's a doll.. G.I Joe coined the phrase action figure - for boys toys.

I like some of the 12" range. I have a nice loose Jawa, I'll stick a photo up tomorrow.

an action figure :shock: my girl friend say it is a doll
200.webp

don't worry it is ok for guys also to collect dolls :D

Thanks Rob, I would love to see the pictures saturday :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I think that one or two, well one in particular take offence to these collectibles being called dolls. :?
Best call them large scale action figures, that way you won't offend anyone...

Ok I will change them to action figures, I googled it and many sites came up as dolls :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Sadly, I too never collected the 12 inch toys. However, there are some terrific sculpts in the range (the Han, Luke, Leia and Ben are simply outstanding likenesses), so hopefully some other members with a little more shelf space than me will be able and willing to share their Jawa images with the Forum :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
My post was not serious... just a joke. Call them what you like, no offence taken :)
They were talking about this on the documentary The Toys that made us, which is why I said it :wink:

I know :lol: , but I am sure that some will be if I did not change it. But maybe this thread will be great to discuss if they are dolls or action figures :lol: I know when I talk with mumbo about it, then he say action figures and I say dolls just to tease him :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
I do like this little fella, I bought him years ago. The robe on these is really nice. I think it's one of the best of the 12".

B42AEF0A-DA9D-4399-9759-3D8FE3245A0A.jpeg

91F40A02-9322-4377-9E76-01AEE6BB77C3.jpeg

Wow Rob, he looks fantastic :shock: Do you know if there is variants of this jawa or different boxes he was sold in ?

Do you have a jawa 3 3/4 figure than you can place next to that amazing big jawa to show the size difference ? :wink:

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
Haven't got the Jawa 12", I always found them quite hard to find. Below is the 12" line in a Kenner ESB in-package catalog. I did manage to get the IG-88 12", just because the rarity attracted me. The lack of a ESB line of 12" disappointed me.

STAR-WARS-ESB-MINI-CATALOG-12-INCH-DOLLS-PAGE.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
Haven't got the Jawa 12", I always found them quite hard to find. Below is the 12" line in a Kenner ESB in-package catalog. I did manage to get the IG-88 12", just because the rarity attracted me. The lack of a ESB line of 12" disappointed me.

STAR-WARS-ESB-MINI-CATALOG-12-INCH-DOLLS-PAGE.png

Thanks :D I did not know that only one ESB figure was made for the 12" line :shock: any idea why they did not make more or any ROTJ figures ? :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I believe it was the old age problem, if the line doesn't sell then they stop making the line!
Shame as I think that these are really underrated, Ive been looking for a good boxed R2 dor some time.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
I believe it was the old age problem, if the line doesn't sell then they stop making the line!
Shame as I think that these are really underrated, Ive been looking for a good boxed R2 dor some time.

So they stop making them because they did not sell enough, that was a shame.

mumbo

Sith Lord
I never had any intention of ever collecting the 12" dolls but then one day got given a Stormtrooper and then fell in love with them and ended up collecting the full range in about 10 months 8)

They look great and my favourite is probably IG88, really wish they had continued the line and made others. Anybody know why it was such a short run?

As for the dolls reference they are most certainly not DOLLS! You need to educate your GF Lars! oh wait you can't because you think their dolls too :lol: for a collector of everything I could never quite get my head around why you haven't ever felt the urge to collect these, they are ****ing amazing!

Like all of my collection they are boxed up ready to displayed one day............. they were briefly on display but no more, not sure where Han is in that pic :?

Attachments

• IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 863

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
This is long since sold - always regretted it

Jawa front.jpgJawa back.jpg

Thanks andy for the pictures, sorry to read that you sold it and that you regretted it :(

It was a beautiful jawa you had 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
mumbo said:
I never had any intention of ever collecting the 12" dolls but then one day got given a Stormtrooper and then fell in love with them and ended up collecting the full range in about 10 months 8)

They look great and my favourite is probably IG88, really wish they had continued the line and made others. Anybody know why it was such a short run?

As for the dolls reference they are most certainly not DOLLS! You need to educate your GF Lars! oh wait you can't because you think their dolls too :lol: for a collector of everything I could never quite get my head around why you haven't ever felt the urge to collect these, they are ****ing amazing!

Like all of my collection they are boxed up ready to displayed one day............. they were briefly on display but no more, not sure where Han is in that pic :?

Great picture andy, that jawa looks great on your display :D sorry to read you have packed them down in a box again. You need to get them out of the box and on display :D

I have no idea why it was a short run with only one esb figure. But maybe they did not sell enough :? and cancelled the production. Let us know if you learn something about it :D

They are dolls :lol: :p But yes they looks cool, but they are to big for me to collect at the moment and I do not have enough money to get another focus :lol: I also fear if I get one that my girl friend think it is one of her dolls and then she will keep it :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom