Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Postby Stuart Skinner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:03 pm

44face.jpg
44face.jpg (257.73 KiB) Viewed 302 times

EPISODE 44 : PALITOY JUNKY

Its a New Year but the Vintage Rebellion team are back and doing what they do best.

Stuart and Simon are joined by Jon Aves for an interview to discuss his collecting and early years. Jon is a huge Palitoy collector and some of the items he has owned have been nothing short of stunning.

Rich looks at a successful story as a repro seller gets his rewards, a plea to help Wrighty find his parcel and then delves into the SWCA archive to discuss a mini-rig.

During this months New Acquisitions the lads discuss some bargain open bubble Palitoy figures, Star Wars Play-Doh, a listeners Girlfriend sorting him right out and a beautiful collecting friendship. Plus the podcast is further enhanced with Chris Georgoulias and Ron Salvatore once again stepping up as The Vintage Rebellion Alliance to educate us all on the unreleased second wave of Ewoks and the iconic Landspeeder.

Continuing on from his fanzine article this month, Peter continues his delve into Star Wars unofficial computer games from the early 80s.

As always there is plenty more besides this, hope you enjoy the show!
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Postby palitoyjunky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Wow :!: Thanks for making me look a lot thinner Stu :D :lol:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Where's your white hat?

:)

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Great podcast once again. Beginners advice was spot on, already made a couple of minor errors mentioned (figures with no guns. Damn it) but learning so quickly from here and from the podcasts.

Tracker sorted. I will try to take my time but everything out there looks awesome!

Thanks guys for the time and effort as always.

Taff

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Excellent! Just grabbed

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Just the trick for a 9 hour round trip today to pick up an ebay haul - well good for half the journey anyway

Great stuff from John and I actually got a quiz question right.

And of course everyone wants an opening bonnet. I had a second hand landspeeder as a kid and used to keep my weapons in my bonnet - I'm sure everyone did

Looking forward to the next one
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:59 pm

and - Stu, I dont have a Takara wooden landspeeder but I do have the TIE. Would love one to build too

Takara wooden TIE front_zpsqqiu7ibm.jpg
Takara wooden TIE front_zpsqqiu7ibm.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Takara wooden TIE_back_zpsnacydlni.jpg
Takara wooden TIE_back_zpsnacydlni.jpg (38.69 KiB) Viewed 210 times
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:39 pm

spoons wrote:and - Stu, I dont have a Takara wooden landspeeder but I do have the TIE. Would love one to build too

Takara wooden TIE front_zpsqqiu7ibm.jpgTakara wooden TIE_back_zpsnacydlni.jpg

That is the Mutts Nuts, I want one, a 2018 goal for sure. Love it mate
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Seahawks
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Seahawks » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:04 am

Another outstanding podcast fellas! I still don't understand how 4-5 hours can fly by so fast.

Really enjoyed the interview with Jon and his Palitoy focus. Just had a look as some of the photos you posted on Facebook of his collection. Most impressive indeed. That Luke Jedi with 2 blue sabers....dang!

It's been a great addition to the show hearing from Chris and Ron dropping knowledge on a regular basis. The Landspeeder is my favorite of the smaller vehicles. Still have my childhood one and it's beat to heck and the center turbine broke off years ago, but it's still awesome. However, I confess I put the engine decal on top of the hood for some reason. Give me a break through, I was only 4 years old. :) The spring loaded wheels to make it look like it was floating were like magic back in the day.

As always, the NA section is a blast to listen to. Fun to hear the discussion about the Kenner Play-Doh sets. When I found those old photos with the SW and ESB sets in the background, the nostalgia trigger hit me big time. Glad I was able to track them down and finding that sealed Jabba set on the cheap was just plain luck. Definitely am keeping an eye out for the others. I told Stu that I had been thinking about breaking out the SW and ESB Play-Doh sets and I actually did this evening. My daughters and I had a blast, even if it says it's for ages 3-7 on the box. I snapped a pic of them in action.

I can go on and on, but I'm sure most have already either moved onto the next thread or fallen asleep by now. Already looking forward to the next show. Enjoy your 2 months away from the madness Jez and good luck going back to school. Thanks again for all your efforts guys!

IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1768.jpg (129.98 KiB) Viewed 188 times

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Just a note on the Palitoy Dengar 41 back from the Palitoy Junky interview.

It's true that the rarer one of a kind cards are on my my matrix from word of mouth from trusted collectors. I have no doubts that the entries made this way are good as the sources I got these from I trust implicitly.

41 back Dengar used to fall into this category until I was shown a video of it by Darren Simpson at celebration last year, so it's now verified like the rest of the entries on the matrix. It's 1 of 2 MOC that are known to exist.

cheers Jason

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Well that’s great for u J but quite frankly as I have said before it’s not good enough for me and sadly a few significant others in our beloved hobby-and sure thing if I ever see one with my own eyes and I deem it right I will shut up :!: :!:

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Does your girlfriend know that’s all it’d take to shut you up?

Great interview btw I really enjoyed it.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:02 pm

palitoyjunky wrote:Well that’s great for u J but quite frankly as I have said before it’s not good enough for me and sadly a few significant others in our beloved hobby-and sure thing if I ever see one with my own eyes and I deem it right I will shut up :!: :!:

Seeing the video didn’t change my certainty of whether it existed or not as I’d already been told if it’s existence by several reliable sources.

The whole matrix is verfied in the same way. If you doubt dengar 41 Back exists then all the entries on the matrix are equally in doubt.

Jason

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Certainly not all J BUT certainly some :!:

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:11 pm

palitoyjunky wrote:Certainly not all J BUT certainly some :!:

Which entries do you have a problem with? It was quite disconcerting to hear the matrix being put down on the podcast.

Jason

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”