Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 44 LAUNCHED

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Just got round to completing the podcast. Podcast gold as a Jez describes it. Loved the quiz, even managed to get a few answers myself. Can’t believe Jez is hanging up his boots for a 3 month break - talk about quitting while he’s ahead!

Loved the Landspeeder focus at the end of the new acquisitions section. Never came across it as a child, but totally love it as an adult. It’s been top of my WTB list for a year or so. The Palitoy packaging might be better (what with the gorgeous logo and graphics) but it’s definitely the Kenner open bonnet version I’m after. Would the early release patent pending Palitoy version be the Kenner open bonnet toy inside the Palitoy box? If so this would be the ultimate version for me.

Great info on the Collectors Series from Rich and topped up by Ron. Top work all round chaps.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Oh yeah I should have said that, despite my preference for the open bonnet*, the Palitoy box is my favourite. That stars-out scene looks lovely. It's also the first boxed SW toy I ever saw so I'm biased.

* I have no idea why that reads like a Viz style obscure double entendre.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks for the hard work guys, it’s appreciated, great show this month.
Enjoyed the interview with Jon, took me back to the last time I collected, I remember the Cheshunt fairs with much fondness...different times!
Always enjoy the quiz (I too got one or two correct answers, including the cloud car one!) Rebel briefing’s and New acquisition’s including the non produced Ewok range, great.
It’s been said before by others, but so pleased Pete’s back for good, but sorry hear that Jez is off for a few months (someone has to be, before Rich says anything :lol: ); good luck with your studies.
Carry on doing what you do, still the best SW podcast out there by miles.

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Richard_H wrote:
Scarifpacific wrote:I’ve just discovered the Podcast and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. It’s keeping me company on my break at work. Its like sitting at a table with good freinds you’ve never met!!

Thanks mate, but be careful what you wish for. I've met them and they're twats.

That’s a mirror rich
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 am

:lol:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Taffius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Taffius » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 pm

So sorry for not posting for a while. So busy carching up on previous podcasts and buying SW stuff! :lol:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:17 am

Enjoying the chat about the Ewoks line. It made me think, has anyone ever met a die-hard Droids or Ewoks fan? I have seen people who love the prequels because that was their era, but in my experience everyone who collects D&E are just vintage collectors that ran out of 78-85 stuff to buy. Surely there must be some people out there who missed the OT and grew up on Droids and Ewoks?

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 am

I don't think it helps that the UK got the cartoons late. Even I didn't give a monkeys about them.

Yeah I've suspected those that collect them are just looking for something to do. Ill be delighted when I'm proven wrong a few posts down tho! :)

I've never been interested in them because they've got no nostalgia interest to me and, having seen the cartoons now, I reckon them to be shite.

Palitoyman
Regular
Regular

Postby Palitoyman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Great Podcast Jon, I totally agree with your comments on the Matrix and I also like to see proof myself, I just find it quite pathetic that some collectors like their little secrets, we know pretty much who they are, at the end of the day it’s a plastic toy!!!

I don’t see what the problem is, but just think it’s extremely childish, I haven’t seen a 41 back Dengar along with a lot of others so until i do it doesn’t exist.

With regard to the matrix, it’s very good but needs updating more often, using up to date photos would be good for all the collectors.

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Bit late with my feedback this month, but another great episode, thanks guys. The interview with Jon was really interesting, as a Palitoy collector myself I've gone down much the same collecting journey and a lot of what was discussed brought back memories for me.

The Landspeeder discussion was good fun and I'd like to mention another couple of great related collectibles, the Waddingtons action figure jigsaws, both of which feature the Palitoy landspeeder prominently.

I'm also a fan of the Droids and Ewoks line having watched the cartoons as a kid (slightly too old for them but hey, it's Star Wars!). I bought my loose and carded sets in the 90s when no-one really wanted them, I don't think I'd pay today's prices but I'm glad I have them in my collection.

And finally thanks Richard for the kind words about my Palitoy custom carded figures, that's really good to hear and i'm glad you appreciated them.

2017-05-01 16.02.38.jpg

2017-05-01 16.02.22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Leia Hoth on any Palitoy ESB card. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 am

Palitoyman wrote:Great Podcast Jon, I totally agree with your comments on the Matrix and I also like to see proof myself, I just find it quite pathetic that some collectors like their little secrets, we know pretty much who they are, at the end of the day it’s a plastic toy!!!

I don’t see what the problem is, but just think it’s extremely childish, I haven’t seen a 41 back Dengar along with a lot of others so until i do it doesn’t exist.

With regard to the matrix, it’s very good but needs updating more often, using up to date photos would be good for all the collectors.

Havent had any new updates to the matrix to add to it. I think its approaching the limit of what's out there now.

If you have anything new to add, please let me know.

cheers Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:47 pm

AndyPreston wrote:Bit late with my feedback this month, but another great episode, thanks guys. The interview with Jon was really interesting, as a Palitoy collector myself I've gone down much the same collecting journey and a lot of what was discussed brought back memories for me.

The Landspeeder discussion was good fun and I'd like to mention another couple of great related collectibles, the Waddingtons action figure jigsaws, both of which feature the Palitoy landspeeder prominently.

I'm also a fan of the Droids and Ewoks line having watched the cartoons as a kid (slightly too old for them but hey, it's Star Wars!). I bought my loose and carded sets in the 90s when no-one really wanted them, I don't think I'd pay today's prices but I'm glad I have them in my collection.

And finally thanks Richard for the kind words about my Palitoy custom carded figures, that's really good to hear and i'm glad you appreciated them.

2017-05-01 16.02.38.jpg

2017-05-01 16.02.22.jpg

I was aware of the movie scenes jigsaws from Waddingtons but I have never seen the ones you have posted. I may have to look out for those.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Mini99 wrote:I was aware of the movie scenes jigsaws from Waddingtons but I have never seen the ones you have posted. I may have to look out for those.

They're wonderful things but increasingly expensive. I just sold the pair I had. They were in Homebase picture frames and look cool but I don't have the wall space for them. They sold for £100 the pair, which is a bit bonkers, I think.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:13 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote: They sold for £100 the pair, which is a bit bonkers, I think.

WHAT :shock: :shock: :shock: ...£100 for a pair of jigsaws, maybe I won’t be picking these up!

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:44 pm

£10-15 each no probs
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”