Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:31 am

Ewok Assault Catapult Accessory:

download.jpg


This is the first of 2 items of toy that I will choose this week for the star wars toy of the week :D

I never had it when I was a kid :( but I remember that there was a picture of it on the back of the kenner ROTJ cards that I got when I was kid.
I looked a lot on this pictures on this cardbacks and placed and x on the items I had and a O around the items I wanted :D

I do not remember that I saw it in the stores when I was a kid, but it was sold in my country.

I will upload later today some pictures of my Ewok Assault Catapult collection :D

The funny pictures I will leave to subzero as always :lol:

Come on guys share your Ewok Assault Catapult Accessory 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1822
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Robstyley » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 pm

I got one for Christmas 1983. Great toy. I remember playing with it lots, you could actually fire the boulders.. at your Scout Walker and what not. One of the only SW toys that did that and I remember having target competitions with it that Christmas with my cousin. I don’t have one but I would like one and have watched a few on eBay recently. Would enjoy seeing some nice pictures of a loose complete one if anyone has :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Robstyley wrote:I got one for Christmas 1983. Great toy. I remember playing with it lots, you could actually fire the boulders.. at your Scout Walker and what not. One of the only SW toys that did that and I remember having target competitions with it that Christmas with my cousin. I don’t have one but I would like one and have watched a few on eBay recently. Would enjoy seeing some nice pictures of a loose complete one if anyone has :D


Hi Rob, I will upload mine later today, I first need to take a picture :D I can just imagine how cool and funny it was for you to have such a cool toy to play with when you was a kid. I did not have one before in the early 00 and I am sure it will not be the same if I started to play with mine on the floor today :lol: I should have had it when I was a kid, then it would have been more fun to play with :(

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Ok here is my Ewok catapult collection, I have 4 boxes.

2 Palitoy with 2 different danish price stickers for my danish focus.
2 kenner the damaged one is with a danish price sticker and then I have one without any price sticker that I only keep because the kenner that I have is damaged. I think it is nice to have a really nice one witout any big damage :D

P1150970.JPG


P1150971.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Love the Ewok Catapult, got mine Christmas 85’ or 86’ not to sure which one. Still have the box and have it on display in my bedroom in a nice GW case. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Here's mine: A nice sealed box, but sadly a little faded, plus a set of loose destructions ;-)

EAC 01.jpg

EAC 02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4130
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:37 pm

I don’t have one but this is one option for a relatively affordable Ledy example, some of the differences are discussed on the Imperial Gunnery- http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t21 ... ead-part-1

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:29 am

theforceuk wrote:Love the Ewok Catapult, got mine Christmas 85’ or 86’ not to sure which one. Still have the box and have it on display in my bedroom in a nice GW case. :D


I love that box, I also have one :D Cool that you still have your childhood box 8)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am

Snaketibe wrote:Here's mine: A nice sealed box, but sadly a little faded, plus a set of loose destructions ;-)

EAC 01.jpg
EAC 02.jpg


Still a nice box, is it a kenner or is there a palitoy sticker on it ? :D

I also love the instruction, if I remember correct then there is variants of instructions for this toy 8)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:36 am

lejackal wrote:I don’t have one but this is one option for a relatively affordable Ledy example, some of the differences are discussed on the Imperial Gunnery- http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t21 ... ead-part-1


Thanks carl, I would love one day to have a lili ledy box and I agree it is not that expensive, I have seen them on ebay sell for good prices 8)

So have you thought about buying one ? :D

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4130
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby lejackal » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:59 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:I don’t have one but this is one option for a relatively affordable Ledy example, some of the differences are discussed on the Imperial Gunnery- http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t21 ... ead-part-1


Thanks carl, I would love one day to have a lili ledy box and I agree it is not that expensive, I have seen them on ebay sell for good prices 8)

So have you thought about buying one ? :D

I’ve probably thought about buying most things :lol: :lol:

I’m trying to stick to my current childhood and sentimental focus at the minute

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7520
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby spoons » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 am

Some lovely catapults here. Another one I regret selling and always meant to pick up another palitoy boxed one
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Here's mine: A nice sealed box, but sadly a little faded, plus a set of loose destructions ;-)

EAC 01.jpg
EAC 02.jpg


Still a nice box, is it a kenner or is there a palitoy sticker on it ? :D

I also love the instruction, if I remember correct then there is variants of instructions for this toy 8)

Mine is the Palitoy sticker version. If you look carefully, you can just see it on the top surface of the box in the photo :-)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:44 pm

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:I don’t have one but this is one option for a relatively affordable Ledy example, some of the differences are discussed on the Imperial Gunnery- http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t21 ... ead-part-1


Thanks carl, I would love one day to have a lili ledy box and I agree it is not that expensive, I have seen them on ebay sell for good prices 8)

So have you thought about buying one ? :D

I’ve probably thought about buying most things :lol: :lol:

I’m trying to stick to my current childhood and sentimental focus at the minute


I still think about buying most things :lol: but I know I do not have the money for it.

So what are your sentimental focus ? :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8729
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:46 pm

spoons wrote:Some lovely catapults here. Another one I regret selling and always meant to pick up another palitoy boxed one


Sorry andy to read that you regret selling your box :( I hope you find a beautiful palitoy box :wink:


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scottie_boy and 8 guests