Neon yellow HK Fett

subzero

Sith Lord
Just picked up this cool Fett variant ( Hong Kong ) with neon yellow.

Just like the painted blue helmet variant there's very little info on this online, I have read though on another forum that some people seem to think this neon colour is due to the paint fading? But this is simply just an opinion with no proof to back this up, all the other colours on the figure seem fine too. Iv'e seen pics of other neon yellow Fett's online and the yellow is exactly the same, which seems to suggest it's a real paint variant.

Anybody know anything about this figure?, I have a feeling apack might know a thing or two. :wink:

DSCF8162_phixr.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
I have a few which aren't discolored so i've always saw it as a paint variant.

Thanks, good to know it's a real variant instead of just aged. :)

Iv'e stood it next to one of my PBP Fett's and the colour difference is just striking, I love it!

apack7229

Sith Lord
There are some neat paint variants out there. I have about six hk fetts that I got from different parts of the country from different sellers but they all have the same color plastic and paint but are different from the normal blue and grey limbed fetts. Don't know if they are a variant or not but none are discolored and I even have one mint.

subzero

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
There are some neat paint variants out there. I have about six hk fetts that I got from different parts of the country from different sellers but they all have the same color plastic and paint but are different from the normal blue and grey limbed fetts. Don't know if they are a variant or not but none are discolored and I even have one mint.

Interesting, there's probably more variants out there than what people are aware of.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
Just picked up this cool Fett variant ( Hong Kong ) with neon yellow.

Just like the painted blue helmet variant there's very little info on this online, I have read though on another forum that some people seem to think this neon colour is due to the paint fading? But this is simply just an opinion with no proof to back this up, all the other colours on the figure seem fine too. Iv'e seen pics of other neon yellow Fett's online and the yellow is exactly the same, which seems to suggest it's a real paint variant.

Anybody know anything about this figure?, I have a feeling apack might know a thing or two. :wink:

DSCF8162_phixr.jpg
This is a really nice variant, and one I hope I have coming for my own collection soon. However, before it arrives I am curious about the COO, as mine has been erased on the back of both legs, possibly by a former owner, or possibly at the factory, making it look like the scarring on a PBP Fett, only on both legs. The seller of mine believes a former owner did it, and he may well be right, as I can't seem to find any reference for a Boba Fett with scars on both legs. However, a simple way to find out whether it has been manually 'scraped' or whether it left the factory that way is to ask you what the COO looks like on the back of your Fett's legs. Would you be willing to take a look at yours and let me know what you find, please? If you're able to post a picture, even better! Many thanks indeed, and when mine arrives I'll post a picture to compare :)

Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom