Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Die Cast Imperial Cruiser:

Last item for this week, I do not collect Die Cast toy so I do not have any pictures to share with you in this thread.

Please share your pictures in the thread of this vehicle if you have any in your collection :D

and if you collect Die Cast what do you think about Die Cast and why do you collect Die Cast ? :wink:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 4, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Sorry, Die Cast isn't something I've ever collected, so I can't really join in with this one. However, hopefully there are some collectors out there with some good photos to share with the Forum.

apack7229
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby apack7229 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 am

This is the only die cast that I have besides a slave 1 cardback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 am

apack7229 wrote:This is the only die cast that I have besides a slave 1 cardback.

Thanks mate for the picture, it looks cool 8) Are your diecast goal complete or do you want all the diecast items ? :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:21 am

Snaketibe wrote:Sorry, Die Cast isn't something I've ever collected, so I can't really join in with this one. However, hopefully there are some collectors out there with some good photos to share with the Forum.

I also do not collect Diecast, I think I once found one in a danish childhood lot that I sold on the forum :?

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:52 pm

Definitely one where I can play

Loved die cast since I was a child, and the Imperial Cruiser is a fantastic ship - the only way you can get a vintage blockade runner!

ICP1.JPG
Imps2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm

spoons wrote:Definitely one where I can play

Loved die cast since I was a child, and the Imperial Cruiser is a fantastic ship - the only way you can get a vintage blockade runner!

ICP1.JPGImps2.jpg

Wow amazing box you have andy, one with a palitoy logo, I love it :D is it mib or misb ? :wink:

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 pm

I've only a loose Imperial Cruiser to contribute to this thread, but not as nice as Andy's... and I can only dream about the Palitoy MISB!! :shock:

The die-cast line is fantastic. I had a Slave One and TIE Fighter as a kid, and a couple of my mates had the Falcon and Cruiser. Even as a kid I thought those boxed die-cast ships look amazing in their packaging. I'm looking forward to some of the others popping up in the 'Toy of the week' threads where I'll be able to contribute more (or at least get in before Andy does :wink: :lol: )

apack7229
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby apack7229 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Thanks mate for the picture, it looks cool 8) Are your diecast goal complete or do you want all the diecast items ? :D

The only die cast I really want to get would be the slave 1 for my fett focus. Other than that id really only pick the up if I found them cheap enough.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:

ICP1.JPGImps2.jpg

Wow amazing box you have andy, one with a palitoy logo, I love it :D is it mib or misb ? :wink:

Thanks Lars - its MISB, got lucky with my boxed palitoys in that I bought them about six months before the recent boom so they werent much more than Kenner.

peekaygee73 wrote:I've only a loose Imperial Cruiser to contribute to this thread, but not as nice as Andy's... and I can only dream about the Palitoy MISB!! :shock:

The die-cast line is fantastic. I had a Slave One and TIE Fighter as a kid, and a couple of my mates had the Falcon and Cruiser. Even as a kid I thought those boxed die-cast ships look amazing in their packaging. I'm looking forward to some of the others popping up in the 'Toy of the week' threads where I'll be able to contribute more (or at least get in before Andy does :wink: :lol: )

Ha ha, I'll wait a bit longer next time Paul :)

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:39 pm

I was waiting for you to come along Andy. That's a lovely piece, I like the packaging on these, the cards and the boxes. I was interested in collecting them at one point but then the prices went crazy and I realised I have no real connection to them cos I never had any as a kid. I do like the look of them though, great detail.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Robstyley wrote:I was waiting for you to come along Andy. That's a lovely piece, I like the packaging on these, the cards and the boxes. I was interested in collecting them at one point but then the prices went crazy and I realised I have no real connection to them cos I never had any as a kid. I do like the look of them though, great detail.

Kenner and some foreign MOCs are still around the £100 mark Andy - there's still hope for you :)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:41 am

peekaygee73 wrote:I've only a loose Imperial Cruiser to contribute to this thread, but not as nice as Andy's... and I can only dream about the Palitoy MISB!! :shock:

You are still welcome to share a picture of your cruiser, we would love to see it :wink:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 am

apack7229 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Thanks mate for the picture, it looks cool 8) Are your diecast goal complete or do you want all the diecast items ? :D

The only die cast I really want to get would be the slave 1 for my fett focus. Other than that id really only pick the up if I found them cheap enough.

I hope you find a Slave 1 :wink:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am

spoons wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

ICP1.JPGImps2.jpg

Thanks Lars - its MISB, got lucky with my boxed palitoys in that I bought them about six months before the recent boom so they werent much more than Kenner.

Ha ha, I'll wait a bit longer next time Paul :)

wow andy a misb that is so cool and lucky that you bought it before prices was going up 8)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”