Ever had one of these?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Was just reading the thread about loose sets and remembered something I found the other day. Was sorting through some folders and **** and found this little wish list from several years ago. Put a smile on my face, made me think of figures crossed off on the back of cardbacks and reminded me of when I was really on the hunt! Still haven't got a Blue Snag or Trilogo Fett :lol:

5754F20B-190E-4B85-A520-C619156025A7.jpeg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I would draw up lists to give to my mum during the run up to Christmas with everything I needed. From the reasonable Tripod Laser Canon to the downright absurd Droid Factory ( circa 84! ).

As for adult collecting, it's all up here mate ( I'm tapping my head smugly ) while remembering I've bought the same thing twice.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I had a weequay cardback that I used as a checklist when I was collecting as a child, it got slipped inside an old beano annual and was found again when I started collecting again in 1999. Was so good to find and it felt like yesterday when I realised which ones I still needed

No idea what happened to it though, my dad may have binned it when I moved out

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I love lists, I have the Kenner bebut 12back.com article printed off and every time I get a new debut MOC I update with a highlight pen. When I was a kid I circled the back of all my card backs, every single one, every time I got a new figure. I even started drawing a picture of the figure on the front of the card. :lol: Thankfully gave the picture idea up after a couple attempts. :oops:

Attachments

• 57353106-B432-4306-AE1B-6D206C3F5060.jpeg
    57353106-B432-4306-AE1B-6D206C3F5060.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 800

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Use such lists since I started collecting and I will always do ... it's a part of the fun for the hunt.
Sadly mine is not handwritten anymore, but I only use a simple .txt textdata wihout any formats.

hellhippie

Jedi Master
ive used lists all throughouyt my life as well . i had many star wars lists and all my cataloging is done in hand written notebooks .
looking at a list is easier to carry whenout in the "wild"

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I do not remember I had a list, I used the back of the cardbacks and the posters. My mom and dad cleaned my room when I was kid and throw out my childhood cardbacks :evil: but I still have my poster with a lot of writing on it :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I used to have a copy of the double page spread from "concept to screen" book.
I took it to all the fairs, each figure was marked with a a letter representing either loose, Kenner, Tri, or Palitoy.
I can see it vividly in my hand as I glanced over tables and tables of MOCs...brought back great memories!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
I took it to all the fairs, each figure was marked with a a letter representing either loose, Kenner, Tri, or Palitoy.
I can see it vividly in my hand as I glanced over tables and tables of MOCs...brought back great memories!
I never had a written list as a child (I knew from looking at the card backs which figures I still needed), but when I started collecting again in the early 90's, I also started with Sansweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible' book, but then quickly found a copy of this incredibly useful poster which became my Bible and wishlist rolled into one for many years:

Poster.jpg

These days, I'm a bit more boring, but a lot more efficient and use an Excel spread sheet to keep track of what I have and still want :-D

spoons

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
What the feck is that ship with two legs right in the middle with the blue background!!? :shock:

Its a Droids ship, took me a while to track it down as thought it was POTF at first.

and yes, definitely had a hand written list of all figures to track down when I started. A mate and I wrote it from memory and it was only when we saw sansweets book that we realised how many we'd forgotten or never knew about (POTF)

The ATL interceptor

NW6dUbV.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
I never had a written list as a child (I knew from looking at the card backs which figures I still needed), but when I started collecting again in the early 90's, I also started with Sansweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible' book, but then quickly found a copy of this incredibly useful poster which became my Bible and wishlist rolled into one for many years:

Poster.jpg
These days, I'm a bit more boring, but a lot more efficient and use an Excel spread sheet to keep track of what I have and still want :-D
What a coincidence, I wondered if anyone else used the same as I did. 8)
I can still see this photocopied piece of paper, that had been folded and undolded so many times, really wish I still had it.
I don't have a want list as such as such, as I still need/want EVERYTHING!, but do have a list of what I have purchased and for how much etc. as a word doc.(I'm really crap with Excell)
Cool poster by the way.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:

Poster.jpg
What a coincidence, I wondered if anyone else used the same as I did. 8)
I can still see this photocopied piece of paper, that had been folded and undolded so many times, really wish I still had it.
I don't have a want list as such as such, as I still need/want EVERYTHING!, but do have a list of what I have purchased and for how much etc. as a word doc.(I'm really crap with Excell)
Cool poster by the way.
Cool indeed, but incomplete. I had to stick little bits of paper to the side of my poster to add things like both Palitoy X-Wings, Palitoy Landspeeder and Palitoy Land of the Jawas, which seemed to have escaped the compiler's notice, even though he randomly caught the Palitoy versions of the Death Star, Droid Factory and Cantina, and included those ;-)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Robstyley said:
What the feck is that ship with two legs right in the middle with the blue background!!? :shock:

Its a Droids ship, took me a while to track it down as thought it was POTF at first.

Nice one Andy. Never ever seen that, I looked at the poster and it just stood out like a sore thumb.

Thanks for all the responses, I think it's an interesting part of collecting, how we set out our goals etc. Love those cardbacks Adam :)

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've upgraded my list to excel now, showing the figure, variant, COO, amount paid, site bought from and seller.

Mostly highlighted in green now, except that bloody Takara alternate sculpt C-3PO and burgundy cape Bib Fortuna!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
spoons said:
Robstyley said:

Nice one Andy. Never ever seen that, I looked at the poster and it just stood out like a sore thumb.

Thanks for all the responses, I think it's an interesting part of collecting, how we set out our goals etc. Love those cardbacks Adam :)

Thanks Rob, the card backs have got me into collecting all the Trilogo's. Because most are still affordable I can't stop buying them. I can see myself paying silly money for a Boba Fett or Yoda one soon. :lol:

Great to see we all love lists and I agree it adds to the enjoyment. Here's a good question, when does everyone tick or cross off what they have brought. As soon as you have purchased it or do you wait until it arrives through the post. I usually wait until I have the item in hand, bad luck I think otherwise. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom