Header image

Ever had one of these?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Ever had one of these?

Postby Robstyley » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Was just reading the thread about loose sets and remembered something I found the other day. Was sorting through some folders and shit and found this little wish list from several years ago. Put a smile on my face, made me think of figures crossed off on the back of cardbacks and reminded me of when I was really on the hunt! Still haven’t got a Blue Snag or Trilogo Fett :lol:

5754F20B-190E-4B85-A520-C619156025A7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Ever had one of these?

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:11 pm

I had one of those until about a year ago then I went all tech on me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am

I would draw up lists to give to my mum during the run up to Christmas with everything I needed. From the reasonable Tripod Laser Canon to the downright absurd Droid Factory ( circa 84! ).

As for adult collecting, it's all up here mate ( I'm tapping my head smugly ) while remembering I've bought the same thing twice.

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:20 am

I had a weequay cardback that I used as a checklist when I was collecting as a child, it got slipped inside an old beano annual and was found again when I started collecting again in 1999. Was so good to find and it felt like yesterday when I realised which ones I still needed

No idea what happened to it though, my dad may have binned it when I moved out
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

I love lists, I have the Kenner bebut 12back.com article printed off and every time I get a new debut MOC I update with a highlight pen. When I was a kid I circled the back of all my card backs, every single one, every time I got a new figure. I even started drawing a picture of the figure on the front of the card. :lol: Thankfully gave the picture idea up after a couple attempts. :oops:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am

Use such lists since I started collecting and I will always do ... it's a part of the fun for the hunt.
Sadly mine is not handwritten anymore, but I only use a simple .txt textdata wihout any formats.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

hellhippie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby hellhippie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 am

ive used lists all throughouyt my life as well . i had many star wars lists and all my cataloging is done in hand written notebooks .
looking at a list is easier to carry whenout in the "wild"
id rather be fishing

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 am

I do not remember I had a list, I used the back of the cardbacks and the posters. My mom and dad cleaned my room when I was kid and throw out my childhood cardbacks :evil: but I still have my poster with a lot of writing on it :D

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:39 pm

I used to have a copy of the double page spread from “concept to screen” book.
I took it to all the fairs, each figure was marked with a a letter representing either loose, Kenner, Tri, or Palitoy.
I can see it vividly in my hand as I glanced over tables and tables of MOCs...brought back great memories!

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 pm

Mini99 wrote:I used to have a copy of the double page spread from “concept to screen” book.
I took it to all the fairs, each figure was marked with a a letter representing either loose, Kenner, Tri, or Palitoy.
I can see it vividly in my hand as I glanced over tables and tables of MOCs...brought back great memories!

I never had a written list as a child (I knew from looking at the card backs which figures I still needed), but when I started collecting again in the early 90's, I also started with Sansweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible' book, but then quickly found a copy of this incredibly useful poster which became my Bible and wishlist rolled into one for many years:

Poster.jpg

These days, I'm a bit more boring, but a lot more efficient and use an Excel spread sheet to keep track of what I have and still want :-D

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:10 pm

What the feck is that ship with two legs right in the middle with the blue background!!? :shock:

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

Robstyley wrote:What the feck is that ship with two legs right in the middle with the blue background!!? :shock:

Its a Droids ship, took me a while to track it down as thought it was POTF at first.

and yes, definitely had a hand written list of all figures to track down when I started. A mate and I wrote it from memory and it was only when we saw sansweets book that we realised how many we'd forgotten or never knew about (POTF)

The ATL interceptor

NW6dUbV.jpg
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Yep years ago as a kid.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:I used to have a copy of the double page spread from “concept to screen” book.

I never had a written list as a child (I knew from looking at the card backs which figures I still needed), but when I started collecting again in the early 90's, I also started with Sansweet's 'Star Wars: From Concept to Screen to Collectible' book, but then quickly found a copy of this incredibly useful poster which became my Bible and wishlist rolled into one for many years:

Poster.jpg
These days, I'm a bit more boring, but a lot more efficient and use an Excel spread sheet to keep track of what I have and still want :-D

What a coincidence, I wondered if anyone else used the same as I did. 8)
I can still see this photocopied piece of paper, that had been folded and undolded so many times, really wish I still had it.
I don’t have a want list as such as such, as I still need/want EVERYTHING!, but do have a list of what I have purchased and for how much etc. as a word doc.(I’m really crap with Excell)
Cool poster by the way.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:

Poster.jpg

What a coincidence, I wondered if anyone else used the same as I did. 8)
I can still see this photocopied piece of paper, that had been folded and undolded so many times, really wish I still had it.
I don’t have a want list as such as such, as I still need/want EVERYTHING!, but do have a list of what I have purchased and for how much etc. as a word doc.(I’m really crap with Excell)
Cool poster by the way.

Cool indeed, but incomplete. I had to stick little bits of paper to the side of my poster to add things like both Palitoy X-Wings, Palitoy Landspeeder and Palitoy Land of the Jawas, which seemed to have escaped the compiler's notice, even though he randomly caught the Palitoy versions of the Death Star, Droid Factory and Cantina, and included those ;-)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”