Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9314
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 am

Amanaman:

amanaman.jpg


The first item for this week is Amanaman, I never had him when I was a kid so it was first in the early 00 that I got my first amanaman figure.

I will upload pictures later of my Amanaman collection.

You are all welcome to upload pictures of your amanaman collection :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4367
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:37 am

I’ve got nothing but Laurence Dyer has a focus

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Cardbackkid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 pm

Love this figure ! Such a great sculpt and colours .

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9314
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Ok I got some pictures of my Amanaman collection, some years ago I also had a Power of Force moc production error with a missing staff. But after some thinking I traded it away for a jawa meccano moc because POTF moc did not mean much to me, it was not for sale in my country when I was a kid in the good old 80s. So it did not make me happy.

So this is what I have left :D

P1150983.JPG


P1150982.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1625
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:14 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:Ok I got some pictures of my Amanaman collection, some years ago I also had a Power of Force moc production error with a missing staff. But after some thinking I traded it away for a jawa meccano moc because POTF moc did not mean much to me, it was not for sale in my country when I was a kid in the good old 80s. So it did not make me happy.

So this is what I have left :D

P1150983.JPG

P1150982.JPG

Three nice minty figures, three more than I have!
On the look out for a good POTF MOC ar present.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1390
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:50 pm

When I first got back into collecting vintage in the early 90's and discovered the last 17 (about which I had previously been completely unaware, having stopped collecting figures in my childhood well before they were released), I was truly amazed to learn that Kenner had made an Amanaman. I didn't even recognize him as being a character from Return of the Jedi! He's such a background and frankly immobile character, that whenever he is on screen my attention was drawn to whatever else was going on rather than him. I must have watched Jedi at least a dozen times by then (a lot more now, of course ;-)), but was still gobsmacked that this was a Star Wars character AND that Kenner had bothered to make him... Having said all that, I instantly liked him! What's not to like? He's big and yellow :D and green! :mrgreen:

Anyway, here's my contribution; A POTF carded and a loose:

Amanaman 01.jpg

Amanaman 02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7677
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby spoons » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:45 pm

I was the same. Had no idea he existed, and didn’t even recognise him as Star Wars first time I saw him

Some lovely looking big yellow fellows on display here :)
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9314
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 am

Mini99 wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Ok I got some pictures of my Amanaman collection, some years ago I also had a Power of Force moc production error with a missing staff. But after some thinking I traded it away for a jawa meccano moc because POTF moc did not mean much to me, it was not for sale in my country when I was a kid in the good old 80s. So it did not make me happy.

So this is what I have left :D

P1150983.JPG

P1150982.JPG

Three nice minty figures, three more than I have!
On the look out for a good POTF MOC ar present.


Thanks mate for the kind words, my 3 amanaman have different paint-mask variations :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9314
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:58 am

Snaketibe wrote:When I first got back into collecting vintage in the early 90's and discovered the last 17 (about which I had previously been completely unaware, having stopped collecting figures in my childhood well before they were released), I was truly amazed to learn that Kenner had made an Amanaman. I didn't even recognize him as being a character from Return of the Jedi! He's such a background and frankly immobile character, that whenever he is on screen my attention was drawn to whatever else was going on rather than him. I must have watched Jedi at least a dozen times by then (a lot more now, of course ;-)), but was still gobsmacked that this was a Star Wars character AND that Kenner had bothered to make him... Having said all that, I instantly liked him! What's not to like? He's big and yellow :D and green! :mrgreen:

Anyway, here's my contribution; A POTF carded and a loose:

Amanaman 01.jpg
Amanaman 02.jpg


Beautiful amanaman moc and figure that you have 8) It also took me many years before I knew about amanaman. I think it was first in the late 90s or early 00 that I learned about him :oops:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9314
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:45 am

Is there no one on the forum that have one on a tri-logo moc or in a baggie ? :?

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9314
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am

Damn I forgot that I also have this Amanaman Coin :lol:

Amanaman.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Oracle
New User
New User
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Oracle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Two views of my Amanaman, minty loose and back in the bubble.
Bubble is still attached to card.

I remember hunting the Tesco bargain bin for this, and I think that's why the bubble is a bit battered in the corners.
The bend on the staff was like that from day 1.

To me it was an interesting figure (but not really a favourite) as it wasn't the same form factor as the others, with the larger bubble and solid neck I always thought it was a left over from one of the playsets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1625
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Oracle wrote:Two views of my Amanaman, minty loose and back in the bubble.
Bubble is still attached to card.

I remember hunting the Tesco bargain bin for this, and I think that's why the bubble is a bit battered in the corners.
The bend on the staff was like that from day 1.

To me it was an interesting figure (but not really a favourite) as it wasn't the same form factor as the others, with the larger bubble and solid neck I always thought it was a left over from one of the playsets.

That a childhood figure!
Wow, you certainly were careful and looked after it and the cardback well.
Lots of lovley Amanamn’s on here, still looking for a nice MOC!

User avatar
Oracle
New User
New User
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Oracle » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Mini99 wrote:That a childhood figure!
Wow, you certainly were careful and looked after it and the cardback well.
Lots of lovley Amanamn’s on here, still looking for a nice MOC!


I was careful - my first figure was chewed by the dog and I remember being so upset I took great care of all the rest. I'm slowly archiving/photographing my collection and will hopefully get to share a few favourites when they come up on Toy of the Week!

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1625
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Oracle wrote:
Mini99 wrote:That a childhood figure!
Wow, you certainly were careful and looked after it and the cardback well.
Lots of lovley Amanamn’s on here, still looking for a nice MOC!


I was careful - my first figure was chewed by the dog and I remember being so upset I took great care of all the rest. I'm slowly archiving/photographing my collection and will hopefully get to share a few favourites when they come up on Toy of the Week!

If they are all in that condition then we will look forward to it!


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests