Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Oracle wrote:Two views of my Amanaman, minty loose and back in the bubble.
Bubble is still attached to card.

I remember hunting the Tesco bargain bin for this, and I think that's why the bubble is a bit battered in the corners.
The bend on the staff was like that from day 1.

To me it was an interesting figure (but not really a favourite) as it wasn't the same form factor as the others, with the larger bubble and solid neck I always thought it was a left over from one of the playsets.

Nice cardback with bubble still attached to the card and a beautiful amanaman 8) Cool that you still have such a beautiful piece from your childhood, thanks for sharing your amanaman with the rest of us, so does all your figures and cardbacks from your childhood look so great ? :wink:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 am

Mini99 wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Mini99 wrote:That a childhood figure!
Wow, you certainly were careful and looked after it and the cardback well.
Lots of lovley Amanamn’s on here, still looking for a nice MOC!

I was careful - my first figure was chewed by the dog and I remember being so upset I took great care of all the rest. I'm slowly archiving/photographing my collection and will hopefully get to share a few favourites when they come up on Toy of the Week!

If they are all in that condition then we will look forward to it!

Agreed! Congratulations on being such a careful child :-)

I looked after my figures really well back then too, but I didn't have the wit to keep the cardbacks, so top marks for doing that and for not removing the bubble either!

It still amazes me that so many children didn't remove the bubbles and kept the cards. Did you do this with all your figures from day one, or is it something you started doing deeper into the run?

Oracle
Regular
Regular

Postby Oracle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:31 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:
Oracle wrote:
I was careful - my first figure was chewed by the dog and I remember being so upset I took great care of all the rest. I'm slowly archiving/photographing my collection and will hopefully get to share a few favourites when they come up on Toy of the Week!

If they are all in that condition then we will look forward to it!

Agreed! Congratulations on being such a careful child :-)

I looked after my figures really well back then too, but I didn't have the wit to keep the cardbacks, so top marks for doing that and for not removing the bubble either!

It still amazes me that so many children didn't remove the bubbles and kept the cards. Did you do this with all your figures from day one, or is it something you started doing deeper into the run?

Thanks! I kept cardbacks and bubbles from day 1 (early 80s) for all the figures that I bought new or were given to me. Unfortunately I have misplaced a few bubbles. At first I took the bubbles right off, but later, especially with the Trilogos I found I could tease the bubble open to get the figure out. A few of my last figures I didn't even bother taking out (until I opened all but 1 early 90s), so have one MOC. I also bought loose from car boot sales and friends, so don't have cardbacks/bubbles for those.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”