Header image

Is Star Wars only for the rich ?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is Star Wars only for the rich ?

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 am

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:Nope, MOCs for all budgets are out there, this was £28

Nice moc carl for a great price 8)

But what if you would do a run of moc from PBP, Lili Ledy, Meccano, Palitoy, German moc, Glasslite, Canadian Kenner, Harbert, POCH, Clipper, Toltoys or Toptoys. Would that be possible today unless you have a bigger wallet than others ? :?

Probably not but I can't afford a Ferrari either so I go to the Citroen dealer - there are items for all budgets I guess but if you do want foreign delights and you have a smaller budget then you will need to make sacrifices - Ben for example enjoys owning a modest number or foreign MOCs including Trilogo miscards, PBP and Ledy but his sacrifice was to clear out all/most of his Kenner and other common MOCs.

I go to the used car dealer :lol:

I think for most collectors it is still possible to get most moc for a good price if they buy kenner ROTJ moc and maybe some ROTJ palitoy :? but many of the others are to expensive I think if you want a full run :? and not want to use 50 years to complete the run.

The same with figures kenner/palitoy variants can we all still get for good prices, some last 17 is crazy but in time they would be possible to get.
But if you want to collect foreign figures and make a full run, then again I think many of the prices is fucking crazy if you want them complete with correct weapon.

The same with foreign cardbacks, it is not even easy to get a full run of tri-logo cardbacks, I still miss the Madine cardback :(

Last month a solo poch carback sold for £745, fucking crazy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37-41-Back-G ... 7675.l2557

I do not know how many money people have to buy for. But I think many collectors maybe have between £50 and £200 every month. So with some prices today it would take more than 50 years to complete a full run of some foreign items, I think :?

What do you think ?

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:52 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

But what if you would do a run of moc from PBP, Lili Ledy, Meccano, Palitoy, German moc, Glasslite, Canadian Kenner, Harbert, POCH, Clipper, Toltoys or Toptoys. Would that be possible today unless you have a bigger wallet than others ? :?

Probably not but I can't afford a Ferrari either so I go to the Citroen dealer - there are items for all budgets I guess but if you do want foreign delights and you have a smaller budget then you will need to make sacrifices - Ben for example enjoys owning a modest number or foreign MOCs including Trilogo miscards, PBP and Ledy but his sacrifice was to clear out all/most of his Kenner and other common MOCs.

I think for most collectors it is still possible to get most moc for a good price if they buy kenner ROTJ moc and maybe some ROTJ palitoy :? but many of the others are to expensive I think if you want a full run :? and not want to use 50 years to complete the run.

The same with figures kenner/palitoy variants can we all still get for good prices, some last 17 is crazy but in time they would be possible to get.
But if you want to collect foreign figures and make a full run, then again I think many of the prices is fucking crazy if you want them complete with correct weapon.

The same with foreign cardbacks, it is not even easy to get a full run of tri-logo cardbacks, I still miss the Madine cardback :(

Last month a solo poch carback sold for £745, fucking crazy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37-41-Back-G ... 7675.l2557

I do not know how many money people have to buy for. But I think many collectors maybe have between £50 and £200 every month. So with some prices today it would take more than 50 years to complete a full run of some foreign items, I think :?

What do you think ?

I go to the used car dealer :lol: - ME TO :D

Yes, my budget is around £50 or £100, if that - I top it up with sales of other bits and being honest don't expect to have a full run of anything anytime soon.

Not many will ever have full foreign runs and not all those with the cash to do it would want to

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

What do you think ?

Yes, my budget is around £50 or £100, if that - I top it up with sales of other bits and being honest don't expect to have a full run of anything anytime soon.

Not many will ever have full foreign runs and not all those with the cash to do it would want to

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:Probably not but I can't afford a Ferrari either so I go to the Citroen dealer - there are items for all budgets I guess but if you do want foreign delights and you have a smaller budget then you will need to make sacrifices - Ben for example enjoys owning a modest number or foreign MOCs including Trilogo miscards, PBP and Ledy but his sacrifice was to clear out all/most of his Kenner and other common MOCs.

What do you think ?

I guess you are correct not all try to get a full run of foreign items :? oh so you also go to the used car dealer :lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”