Toy Run Podcast

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I hope Stu, Rich and the boys will forgive me for making a shout out to Toy Run podcast. Ian put me in touch with them and I was interviewed on this week's episode.

The interviewer was Criz Bee who was himself also on the Vintage Rebellion back on Ep 29, I think we had a great chat, always good talking vintage Star Wars...

You can download it on iTunes or link here: http://www.toyruncast.com/e/episode-95-may-the-toys-be-with-you/

Plus on the episode they revealed a vintage toy sighting that I hadn't heard of before. Han Bespin spotted randomly in an old Paul Mcartney music video. Maybe Macca is a focus collector...

Paul_Mcartney.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just finished listening to your interview Matt and really enjoyed it. I was going to say that you should put a post up for it so I was glad to see it pop up here as soon as I finished listening to it. We are of roughly the same age so it's always nice to hear peoples memories from that time back in the 70's when Star Wars came into our lives, it really did have quite the impact as it has for so many since.

The Toy Run podcast is always a great listen and it was nice to hear an interview based around the vintage era which doesn't happen that often on there. Hopefully it will help to get even more people through the door to admire your collection and as I'll be back in the UK soon I'm looking forward to getting to see it myself. I'll also drop you a PM when I'm in Canterbury next as it's my wife's home town and maybe we can have a meet up to talk all things vintage.

Check it out all!

Ian

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I love the Toy Run Matt, listen at work on a Monday so extra enthused knowing you're on it.

Both Criz and Jake know there stuff, particularly modern, they smash out a great show every week. Look forward to listening to this one.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I'll also drop you a PM when I'm in Canterbury next as it's my wife's home town and maybe we can have a meet up to talk all things vintage.

I want to gatecrash Ian, I'm 15 minutes from Canterbury

Palifan

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Palifan said:
I'll also drop you a PM when I'm in Canterbury next as it's my wife's home town and maybe we can have a meet up to talk all things vintage.

I want to gatecrash Ian, I'm 15 minutes from Canterbury

This is turning into a beautiful thing! :D

I'll be sure to let you both know when I'm about.

Ian

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great interview Matt. Your enthusiasm for SW knows no bounds. And if anyone's interested in the Rebel Scum limelight mentioned it's so worth a look.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1086230

Hope you don't mind me posting Matt but it's an amazing sight and also extremely informative if you're collecting variants or complete box sets.

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Great interview Matt. Your enthusiasm for SW knows no bounds. And if anyone's interested in the Rebel Scum limelight mentioned it's so worth a look.

Hope you don't mind me posting Matt but it's an amazing sight and also extremely informative if you're collecting variants or complete box sets.

I've no idea why this thread was the most viewed one on RS, it's just full of old toys!

Wow, that is an amazing collection Matt and thanks for posting up the link TheJabbaWookie, such a great resource for checking figures ect.

Ian

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

I've no idea why this thread was the most viewed one on RS, it's just full of old toys!

Wow, that is an amazing collection Matt and thanks for posting up the link TheJabbaWookie, such a great resource for checking figures ect.

Ian
If you want to know what catalogues, posters and pamphlets came with what vintage ship or playset Matt's RS thread and Emille's (Capetown's) limelight on this forum are second to none. Always cross referencing it,

Palifan

Sith Lord
Ian[/quote]
If you want to know what catalogues, posters and pamphlets came with what vintage ship or playset Matt's RS thread and Emille's (Capetown's) limelight on this forum are second to none. Always cross referencing it,[/quote]

This kind of information is priceless to have so thankfully these are both out there to cross reference things.

Ian

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
You absolute hussy! Going on other podcasts not directly related to these pages.

Thanks for the tip. The podcast has weirdly gone under my raidar and it looks like I'll need to fix that. It looks like a goody.

Edit just so it's owners know. Podbean won't let me download the mp3 in the normal way without downloading its software ( which i hate because I'm a dreadful old fusspot ), even with 'request desktop site' turned on. I'm aware that free podcast hosting isn't perfect but i thought I'd mention it as it's probably why I've not heard the show previously and I'm probably not the only stubborn old goat who frets about these things. Cheers, an old fusspot.

spoons

Grand Master
Great stuff Matt!

Not listened to toy run before so enjoyed some new voices.

Coincidentally my sister and her family went to the exhibition this weekend and she invited us all down to go again as they enjoyed it so much

With the news that Barnsley is next I'll be seeing it twice!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
spoons said:
Great stuff Matt!

Coincidentally my sister and her family went to the exhibition this weekend and she invited us all down to go again as they enjoyed it so much

Glad she liked it, and thanks to all for the kind comments.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
spoons said:
Great stuff Matt!

Glad she liked it, and thanks to all for the kind comments.
Is there a list of where your exhibition is going to be on?
I missed it when it was on in Canterbury, but would like to see it if I can while out and about this year.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nice one, it's at The Willis Museum in Basingstoke till April 14th, and then its at Experience Barnsley from April 21 - July 15. At the risk of sounding mysterious it will be at further venues but I cant say which as the museum press people like to control the announcement.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks, not near anywhere I normally travel, if you could update me on future venues as and when you're able I would appreciate it.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I saw it in Paisley near Glasgow.

It was nice seeing plenty of items for real that I am only going to see in photos otherwise. And, blimey charlie, those posters.....

When I was there ( non peak time ) I saw a some casual visitors enjoying it. Included was an elderly lady with her young grandson telling him that she used to buy these things for his dad when he was wee. Consider the heart cockles warmed.

Recommended.

And we should all be grateful that the collection never got nicked while it was here.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
And of anyone can provide a direct link for an mp3 that doesn't involve third party software id appreciate it. I'm living in hospital for a while and won't be near my pc. Werth hospital WiFi being what it is, i like to dl files with a trainee rather than steam.

Bloody podbean. It lets me dl anything else if I switch to the desktop website. Buggernuts.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
chipsteak said:
And of anyone can provide a direct link for an mp3 that doesn't involve third party software id appreciate it. I'm living in hospital for a while and won't be near my pc. Werth hospital WiFi being what it is, i like to dl files with a trainee rather than steam.

Bloody podbean. It lets me dl anything else if I switch to the desktop website. Buggernuts.

I cant help you there, but I know its never nice hanging out in hospitals so get well soon and I hope that SW helps keep your spirits up and the time go quicker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom