Header image

Toy Run Podcast

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Toy Run Podcast

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Nice one, it's at The Willis Museum in Basingstoke till April 14th, and then its at Experience Barnsley from April 21 - July 15. At the risk of sounding mysterious it will be at further venues but I cant say which as the museum press people like to control the announcement.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks, not near anywhere I normally travel, if you could update me on future venues as and when you’re able I would appreciate it.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:57 pm

I saw it in Paisley near Glasgow.

It was nice seeing plenty of items for real that I am only going to see in photos otherwise. And, blimey charlie, those posters.....

When I was there ( non peak time ) I saw a some casual visitors enjoying it. Included was an elderly lady with her young grandson telling him that she used to buy these things for his dad when he was wee. Consider the heart cockles warmed.

Recommended.

And we should all be grateful that the collection never got nicked while it was here.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 am

And of anyone can provide a direct link for an mp3 that doesn't involve third party software id appreciate it. I'm living in hospital for a while and won't be near my pc. Werth hospital WiFi being what it is, i like to dl files with a trainee rather than steam.

Bloody podbean. It lets me dl anything else if I switch to the desktop website. Buggernuts.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 am

chipsteak wrote:And of anyone can provide a direct link for an mp3 that doesn't involve third party software id appreciate it. I'm living in hospital for a while and won't be near my pc. Werth hospital WiFi being what it is, i like to dl files with a trainee rather than steam.

Bloody podbean. It lets me dl anything else if I switch to the desktop website. Buggernuts.

I cant help you there, but I know its never nice hanging out in hospitals so get well soon and I hope that SW helps keep your spirits up and the time go quicker.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”