FORUM FIGURE 2018 - THE GRAND FINAL

THE FINAL - Biker Scout v Hoth Stormtrooper

• Biker Scout

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)

Votes: 31 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So we have finally reached the climate of this years competition. Hoth stormtrooper, who lost 2014 final to Stormtrooper then the 2015 final to Boba Fett reaches this stage for the third time, whilst Biker Scout was 2017 runner up losing out to the Princess. So both have had previous final experience but one will once again come up short whilst the other will progress to champion status.

They were both drawn into Group M this year where Hoth Stormie topped the group with Biker Scout finishing runner up, was a tough group which included the Sand People so both went into the knockouts in fine form.

In 2015 they also met, at the earlier stage of the 3rd round where Hoth Stormie won by just two votes that time out, as we already know Hoth Stormie would go on to lose the final that year. 2017 they would also meet, this time in the quarter finals where Biker Scout would this time triumph, also by just 2 points with a 35-33 victory. the two figures have plenty of history and each time they've run each other close. I expect this final to be just the same.

Let's find out who will be the Forum favourite for 2018.

PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE

VOTING CLOSES AT 7pm ON SUNDAY 4th

The Final.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Same here, not sure what it is about Biker Scout, not fussed about him.

On your bike. :?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Biker Scout for me.
Clean and detailed sculpt. Perfect reflection of the real world aesthetic of the time too with a real BMX / Pit bike style to him. Styling that is aggressive and youthful as well as remarkably film acurate for 3.75" of black and white plastic. Great weapon that he can hold (and again film accurate) that is exclusive to the figure. Only failing is that his knees didn't bend to ride the speeder bike.. but hey, none did back then.

Hoth stormy is a bit of an unrefined lump in a skirt... and the skirt is the best thing about him, so that says a lot. Crap weapon, that isn't exclusive to him and he can't hold it/point it well either without looking like a right Charlie...

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Never really been sure why a solider fighting in the cold snow would wear something like a skirt that would not keep him warm and would hamper movement, nor why a military uniform on a green and brown plant would be white ... :roll:
But hey it's Star Wars so who cares about that sort of thing. :?
These are amongst my favourite figures and cardback art come to that, difficult choice, think that the biker dude just edges it for me.
This will be tight I suspect.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Both were childhood favourites for me so its a tough call, but I agree with Savory about weapon detail - Biker Scout's looks great and suits the figure as a lightly armoured trooper. The Snowie's rifle has always been a bit awkward and probably showed have been a standard Stormie blaster.
So on that basis alone I'm voting for the Biker :wink:

subzero

Sith Lord
This is the first time iv'e chosen looks over nostalgia, Biker Scout is my childhood nostalgic fave out of the two, but Hoth Stormtrooper just looks stunning when he's minty white and he's just about my favourite figure by a whisker.

Go Stormie!!

Jez

Sith Lord
First of all that's a great photo Stuart. I think Ben has the perkiest figure himself!
Thanks ever so much for doing these polls. Your efforts are widely recognised.

I really like both of these figures. Steve puts up a very good argument however I have gone for the Hoth Trooper. I'd be happy with either winning tbh though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom