Header image

No luck but am I being ripped off?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
jedi_masters
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3573
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby jedi_masters » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:00 am

The card looks to have been opened and resealed, you can see glue residue down the inside edge of the bubble.

Also saber looks fake to me. I had a loose Ben that I found out to have a fake saber and the tip of it was thick like the one in the picture. Should be very thin and spindly.
Looking for:

Star Tours items
Yoda- Pre Production items - vintage, modern, anything from any range.
Star Wars Books!!

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am

Alltooeasy wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Alltooeasy wrote:Guys I need some help asap please. Having no luck looking for a mint obi wan loose with no paint loss however someone has contacted me to say they have one with no paint loss, original cape and sabre never been opened for £125! As a relative newbie I need someone to advise if I'm being conned before I buy it? See pics he sent me please

You say you're looking for a mint loose one, then declare you've been offered one which has 'never been opened' for £125. Did you realise that the carded one which had 'never been opened' had in fact been opened and resealed after all, and that the seller was 'mistaken' about that? Because if you weren't, it looks rather like you are asking for the Forum's help in buying a vintage carded figure, so that you can open it to obtain a mint loose one. Perhaps I am wrong, but that's the impression that you give.

You later ask if you can buy one in a baggie. Is your intention to open the baggie in order to obtain the mint loose one you have stated that you want? If so, you might not get too much sympathy here as opening sealed vintage items in order to obtain mint loose ones is widely disapproved of here, and is the reason why U-graded AFA figures are banned from sale on this Forum (in case you don't know what a 'U' grade is, the 'U' stand for 'Uncirculated', and was awarded by the AFA when they were sent carded figures to open and then grade).

As I say, perhaps I am wrong, but you might do well to clarify your intentions, as whilst you are perfectly entitled to do what you like with your own possessions once they are yours, you might find Forum members willing to help you open vintage sealed items quite thin on the ground.

If you really want a mint loose Obi-Wan Kenobi, can I recommend you try something called 'patience'?



Yes you are wrong but thankyou for raising the query in a polite manner. I don't have a spare £500/£1000 or so lying around for a mint carded one hence why I thought being offered one for £125 was a bargain but then I thought that can't be legit can it? I Just want a mint Ben either baggie or loose. I have bought several baggies off members on here all still sealed in my possession. I am trying to widen my chances of getting one by accepting a mint Ben either in baggie or loose version. Or by some miracle a carded one for under £100. I did get a ukg 80 one in the ukg case the other year but it had paint loss on the hands so I sold it on

I am very happy to hear that I am wrong, and thank you as well for being polite in your response :-)

Good luck in your search.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am

Thanks all! I have turned it down, as if I can get a rotj carded Ben for around what I'm being asked for a recard fake sabre I might as well keep searching. Maybe Im wording my searches wrongly as I just look for mint vintage obi wan kenobi so will try to include carded ones in a search now! Thanks!

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4732
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby poncho » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 am

you never will find a perefect figure theres no such thing all the figures even sealed ones have imperperfections.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 am

I am currently watching some figures on eBay. Would anyone mind if I pm them pics for some advice please?

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4732
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby poncho » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 am

hope your not looking to open a carded figure :?

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:57 am

poncho wrote:hope your not looking to open a carded figure :?



With all respect have you read my replies :roll:

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4135
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby lejackal » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 am

Alltooeasy wrote:
poncho wrote:hope your not looking to open a carded figure :?



With all respect have you read my replies :roll:

With no respect have you ever taken on board a single shred of advice you’ve been offered?

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 pm

And where's the evidence of that? Don't buy the resealed fake sabre Ben [i haven't], look on eBay for rotj cards [ I am], I won't ever get a mint one [ I'm aware], have patience [im watching and waiting], so with no respect to you you're post about not listening had no basis and you are talking shite

User avatar
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:13 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby yoda » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm

I think if you just keep looking you'll find a mint Ben at some stage.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4732
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby poncho » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Alltooeasy wrote:
poncho wrote:hope your not looking to open a carded figure :?



With all respect have you read my replies :rollk:

my apologies i skip read threads and sometimes misread comments.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:18 pm

No problem man :) again if anyone can help me I've got my eye on another one, need to
Know if it's legit or not please reply
On here or pm me thanks

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Well no one replied so I just missed out on one for £150. Gutting. Thanks guys!

choffialoopa
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby choffialoopa » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Din you get conned? :shock:
I think I din loose track of what happened.

Glad Snaketibe sorted it out.

PS. What hair colour are you looking for? Will keep an eye out for you as I am an SWAN! (Star Wars Addict Noob)
I got plenty of Alec Guinesses, so I don't need another anyway, no competition. And yes some of mine are as Mr. Zero says. Without paint all over his hands.

Apparently rare? Hmm Not for sale :lol:

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby Alltooeasy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Lol no way I didn't buy it!! I did however miss out on a tri logo Ben for £125 as my phone froze when trying to buy it and someone sneaked in! Felt like crying! No I haven't got one yet as no one on here seems to be selling one or able to help me out! Probably being ignored lol. I've been offered some esb bens for £260/£280 so no idea If that's good or not? Still looking for a rotj/tri logo for £125-££150 but probably be met with silence again lol


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chipsteak, poncho, Tomasfuria and 3 guests