Header image

No luck but am I being ripped off?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: No luck but am I being ripped off?

Postby lejackal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 pm

There are at least 3 on eBay right now
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 pm

All I can see are ones with a yellow bubble or ones around £250 upwards

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 pm

The search maybe arduous, frustrating at times,
With repro and and unscrupulous sellers, a field of mines,
But with patience and time why not savour the hunt,
One of these days you will take a punt,
Then you will look back at this as a win,
With a lovely Ben moc and a Cheshire Cat grin :D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Michael Sith wrote:The search maybe arduous, frustrating at times,
With repro and and unscrupulous sellers, a field of mines,
But with patience and time why not savour the hunt,
One of these days you will take a punt,
Then you will look back at this as a win,
With a lovely Ben moc and a Cheshire Cat grin :D

How do you come up with these? :lol: :wink:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby tobedesu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:46 am

This is my carded Ben I picked up for £40 at the NEC last year.
The bubble is split at the bottom but still sealed OK.
I plan to preserve it in a case so hopefully it doesn't get worse. It's stored away laying flat at present.

Like has been said, if you're patient then you will find a good one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am

Yeah I'm Not too fussy in terms of type of card and the bubble being perfect but I definitely want the bubble clear and the seal secure. Saw a tri logo (my favourite) with clear bubble for £125 but someone nabbed it! That or a rotj card would be my preferred one. Not sure if to go for these ones at £250 upwards or wait! Is that a good deal for an esb card Ben?

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby darth_daddius » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:22 am

I can see how he was saying that he was just after a mint one, not necessarily carded. Could be taken either way, I guess.

There are very nice Bens out there. If you don't care if its loose, hold off on the premium you'll pay for the cardback and bubble - which you say you're not worried about. You will find a loose one one that is great with patience - or go the ROTJ option, although yellow bubbles may be an issue.

Cheers
Pat
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:08 am

If you're serious about wanting to get yourself a decent Ben at a good price you'll need two things:

Patience. Seriously, there's no rush. People put Buy it Now items on ebay at inflated prices because they know there are people out there who can't wait. Paying more than you should for one won't make you feel any better. Keep an eye out and I'm sure something will pop up soon.

Star Wars Tracker: If you don't know what's a good price to pay this can pay for itself in one transaction - https://www.starwarstracker.com/

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 am

darth_daddius wrote:I can see how he was saying that he was just after a mint one, not necessarily carded. Could be taken either way, I guess.

There are very nice Bens out there. If you don't care if its loose, hold off on the premium you'll pay for the cardback and bubble - which you say you're not worried about. You will find a loose one one that is great with patience - or go the ROTJ option, although yellow bubbles may be an issue.

Cheers
Pat

Im happy with a rotj or tri logo card as i really like both of them as long as they arent yellowed. Plenty of potf ones about but they are more or less all yellowed!

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 am

peekaygee73 wrote:If you're serious about wanting to get yourself a decent Ben at a good price you'll need two things:

Patience. Seriously, there's no rush. People put Buy it Now items on ebay at inflated prices because they know there are people out there who can't wait. Paying more than you should for one won't make you feel any better. Keep an eye out and I'm sure something will pop up soon.

Star Wars Tracker: If you don't know what's a good price to pay this can pay for itself in one transaction - https://www.starwarstracker.com/

A tri logo did pop up but i just missed out on it and was gutted! Really like the tri logo and rotj cards. cool so its a free app about figures and prices?

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:26 am

Alltooeasy wrote:
peekaygee73 wrote:If you're serious about wanting to get yourself a decent Ben at a good price you'll need two things:

A tri logo did pop up but i just missed out on it and was gutted! Really like the tri logo and rotj cards. cool so its a free app about figures and prices?

It's not free, but it only costs something like $30 - which is why I mentioned it could pay for itself in one transaction. If you're collecting vintage SW and you're not sure of prices it really is invaluable. Just click the link and it'll tell you all about it.

stu70
Regular
Regular

Postby stu70 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 am

When I come up against a brick wall of trying to find a certain figure at the right price and in the right condition I usually move on to something else on my "want list", it's pretty long, then try again with that figure later on.

choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Postby choffialoopa » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:47 am

I use it. Think I have saved around 500£ already using this tool as a guideline to work from.

Can’t live without. Just careful that the leia Bespin displayed as painted neck is in fact turtleneck. And other small tidbits. Hmmm I should probably let the author know.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:55 pm

stu70 wrote:When I come up against a brick wall of trying to find a certain figure at the right price and in the right condition I usually move on to something else on my "want list", it's pretty long, then try again with that figure later on.

Well im also after darth and chewie also on tri logo or rotj if possible so might have to watch and wait on all 3

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Alltooeasy wrote:
stu70 wrote:When I come up against a brick wall of trying to find a certain figure at the right price and in the right condition I usually move on to something else on my "want list", it's pretty long, then try again with that figure later on.

Well im also after darth and chewie also on tri logo or rotj if possible so might have to watch and wait on all 3

There's actually been 2 trilogo Vaders that ended in auction on ebay over the past week, they went for good prices too compared to the BIN listing prices that are currently available.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”