SWTOTW, Week 6, 2018, Part 1/2 Imperial Attack Base

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Imperial Attack Base:

Imperial_Snowtroopers.jpg

First item for week 6 the Imperial Attack Base :D I love this playset, I never had it when I was a kid and I never saw it in Denmark for sale :(

I have had this box in my collection for more than 15 years, it is not perfect. But it is good enough for me :D

P1160019.JPG

retrotoyinfo

Padawan
My is mint in box, I wanted best example I could find. The accessories sealed in bags. I am in two minds about this playset. In the box it looks nice. Loose and when it gets discoloured or dirty, it just looks like an unsightly lump of plastic.

I like the little playset features, where you flick to collapse the snow bank and command post. On the other hand, it is just a big lump of white plastic. Something says to me Kenner tried their best, but at the same time didn't quite pull it off.

Both sides of the box are shown.

STAR-WARS-KENNER-IMPRIAL-ATTACK-BASE-BOX-FRONT-2.png

STAR-WARS-KENNER-IMPRIAL-ATTACK-BASE-BOX-FRONT-1.png

STAR-WARS-KENNER-IMPRIAL-ATTACK-BASE-CONTENTS-1.png

STAR-WARS-KENNER-IMPRIAL-ATTACK-BASE-CONTENTS-2.png

Pomse2001

Grand Master
retrotoyinfo said:
My is mint in box, I wanted best example I could find. The accessories sealed in bags. I am in two minds about this playset. In the box it looks nice. Loose and when it gets discoloured or dirty, it just looks like an unsightly lump of plastic.

I like the little playset features, where you flick to collapse the snow bank and command post. On the other hand, it is just a big lump of white plastic. Something says to me Kenner tried their best, but at the same time didn't quite pull it off.

Both sides of the box are shown.

Nice box it looks great 8) great to see we have the same catalog in our boxes :lol: but my stickers have been used, I only have the empty Sticker Sheet.

spoons

Grand Master
some great sets there chaps

Here's my slightly tatty Palitoy, loads of play value in this one.

Imperial Attack Base1.JPG

Imperial Attack Base7.JPG

spoons

Grand Master
just noticed its hard copy Han in the taun taun saddle on the box art 8)

That figure really got around

Han Hoth Transparency (4).jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I never had any playsets as a kid but I've always liked this one and would have loved it. I just think the plastic base is so cool. Good play value and also a great display piece for collectors, an instant diorama. I would like a loose one when I have more display space.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
some great sets there chaps

Here's my slightly tatty Palitoy, loads of play value in this one.

Imperial Attack Base1.JPG
Imperial Attack Base7.JPG

Wow andy, that palitoy box is so ****ing cool, I love it 8) thanks for the pictures :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

Damn, I have never noticed that han looks different on the box :shock: :oops: Cool hard copy you have, have you painted it ? :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
I never had any playsets as a kid but I've always liked this one and would have loved it. I just think the plastic base is so cool. Good play value and also a great display piece for collectors, an instant diorama. I would like a loose one when I have more display space.

I agree it is cool and a great diorama 8) I hope you will soon find some display space so you can get such a great playset :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

Damn, I have never noticed that han looks different on the box :shock: :oops: Cool hard copy you have, have you painted it ? :wink:

I'd love to own that Han Lars!

The image is of a transparency of the figure that I own, still nice but no hard copy :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

I'd love to own that Han Lars!

The image is of a transparency of the figure that I own, still nice but no hard copy :)

it is still a great picture :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Another gap being belatedly filled! Thanks to all the previous posters for sharing their playsets, and my apologies for the late posting of mine.

I never owned an Imperial Attack Base as a child. I was always a 'Turret and Probot' boy myself, as those things were actually in the film, unlike the simply 'made up' Imperial Attack Base! :lol: A friend of mine had an IAB though, and I can now finally admit that it undeniably had better play value than the TAP! I guess that's why the former is a good deal easier to find these days than the latter... It obviously sold a lot more!

It's still never going to be my favourite vintage Star Wars toy (because it wasn't in the film, dammit! :lol: ), but it still has its place. Here's mine:

Not in the Film! 01.jpg

Not in the Film! 02.jpg

Not in the Film! 03.jpg

Not in the Film! 04.jpg

Not in the Film! 05.jpg

Not in the Film! 06.jpg

Not in the Film! 07.jpg

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
This was one of my absolute favourite toys.

I loved re creating the snow battles

My attack base still had 40 years worth of dirt and crap on it until the other day.

I've just 'lent' it to a friends 6 year old son so he can enjoy it. They have given it a clean and said it has come up lovely.

It's great to see peoples pictures of them in mint condition

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom