Header image

Toy toni crystal ball!!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Toy toni crystal ball!!

Postby Dannywhiteley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 pm

I bought several off him in the 90's / 00's. I probably also agreed how good they were. Little did we know.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:25 am

subzero wrote:
chipsteak wrote:Is the make-them-at-home-guy a man with serious suspicions and no proof so fancied a joke, I wonder. It's a peculiar thing to say. I can't imagine thanking someone for a lovely MOC and joking they it's so good it's like you made it yourself. Then following it with a great many exclamation marks.

I wondered exactly the same if it was a sarcastic comment, the amount of exclamation marks makes it seem that way.

Amazing if it is just an innocent comment though.

You're validation has tipped my scales and I'm really erring towards the idea that the poster thought that Toni's endless stream of MOCs with all-new bubble combinations was suspicious.

I'm reminded of those clips from years ago of comedians alluding to Jimmy Saville being a C but, having no proof, could only make a cheeky dig about it. But a lot less serious, duh! But if Toni's lurking again; yes, someone on the internet has just found an obscure comparison that can be drawn between yourself and Jimmy fucking Saville now!

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 am

Alltooeasy wrote:Just reading up on various old threads about toy toni and found this one!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=809045

Look at the 5th post down lol. Talk about being a mind reader!!!

I quoted that at the end of the FF presentation I did back in the day.

Lol

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 am

Back in the 90’s my Dad always said I bet their is someone making them at home and I always said no don’t be silly!
Last edited by theforceuk on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:58 pm

If you use the search bar on this site you can find all his posts when he was a member, I think it’s TOY-TONI and funny reading his post about it not being true
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:07 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Ha, I bought something from him the other day. Not a MOC just a loose figure. Arrived in great condition with 100% original accessories. I think I had read threads detailing his eBay seller account name before but it didn’t clock at the time.

To the best of my knowledge everything he is selling now is legit, just a shady past you have to reconcile when giving him money now I suppose. Many won't ever give him a penny, others will though. Your own conscience is your own conscience, I wouldn't want to influence that and despite strong feelings either way I don't think others should either.

A couple of Luke telescoping sabers were 90s fakes he used in his 'MOCs', rough texture ( TIG had them listed as legit- has been rectified)

jimmyshoes
New User
New User

Postby jimmyshoes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

I think I had a couple of mocs off Toni back in the 90s but even then I remember thinking there was something slightly off-putting about his ads in Model and Collectors Mart that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Probably something to do with the fact he had seemingly limitless supplies of the same figures...

JS

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am

Yes. I know hindsite is a wonderful thing but, in retrospect, he was hiding in plain sight.

I think I've got one Toni, and people more learned than I disagree. But I was certainly conned by the recent ( and i know lesser ) floating repro weapons fraud and, again looking back, I thought 'these are different' but I went along with it.

Every type I had an odd thought about are now being sold in lots with the description ' they're known repro but they pass the basic tests.... get em while they're here '.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”