Header image

Stickers on Mocs

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Stickers on Mocs

Postby chipsteak » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 pm

The only stickers I don"t enjoy are POTF Coin Offer labels. I own one - an ESB Lobot. I bought that one as I enjoy the fact that it presumably sat unwanted from 1981 until it got POTF-stickered in 1985.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 am

I have stickers on a few of my MOC'S, thankfully they are small, as for me I would rather they were not there. Assuming the Sticker is small do you think it affects the price, does the sticker reduce the value of the item?
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Taffius
Regular
Regular

Postby Taffius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I have stickers on a few of my MOC'S, thankfully they are small, as for me I would rather they were not there. Assuming the Sticker is small do you think it affects the price, does the sticker reduce the value of the item?

In historical terms, stickers to me would add value. Provienance is positive in my world and triggers nostalgia of course.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 am

They add value to me too. The fact that they subtract value for the world at large makes them a win/ win as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more ambivalent toward overseas price labels but show me a UK label and I'm gushing. I don't have any strong feelings of nationality but show me a British distributed Star Wars toy and I'm a right perochial bugger.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”