Where do you buy Rare MOC?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
When looking for MOC pieces I need, I currently look on ebay, Vectis, SWFUK, Rebelscum, sales room, Brian's Toys, Dallas vintage toys, private dealers and I just added Jabbas Palace to Star Wars Tracker which I think gives me auction notifications. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

lejackal

Grand Master
Nick Dykes and 80's Collector (his username here, his real name escapes me at the minute) but given your tastes I assume you already know them

Palitoyman

Padawan
In order to buy rare MOC's I find that my best way is through other collectors who know other collectors etc, when you build up contacts in this game it is worth its weight in gold, the majority of rare items I have got has come through contacts and people helping me out as I've done with them.

When I got my Palitoy 30 back Yoda, AFA 80, late on last year I had no idea about it until a friend I know in collecting was good enough to inform me as he knew I needed that figure to complete my Palitoy 30 back B graded run, going on ebay etc is fine but nothing much comes up, only from time to time and every man and his dog knows about it.

So, where do you buy rare Moc's, my answer would be from other collectors who decide to sell and inform you, this hobby is about building friendships and trust but most importantly having a good and fair reputation, thankfully I have and that's why people help me along the way.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
Nick Dykes and 80's Collector (his username here, his real name escapes me at the minute) but given your tastes I assume you already know them

Thanks, yes I already know Nick and have met 80's collector (Ian I think) once in a toyfair.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well I picked up all mine from "The Rare MOC Shop" :!: :lol:

Seriously though I think u have covered most sources. Prob is the die hard collectors now own most of what exists so it's a case of the people that value these pieces the most r the ones who possess them hence why it is a real battle to acquire them :!:

Most of my success came from networking and building good friendships like "Palitoyman" says :wink:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
As others have said it's about building up relationships with other collectors. They'll know who has what and will be in touch with others which will allow you to increase your network. As with many things in this hobby it takes time and patience. Or, if you have it, an obscene amount of money; but where's the fun in that?

subzero

Sith Lord
peekaygee73 said:
Or, if you have it, an obscene amount of money; but where's the fun in that?

I can think of 1000 things to do for fun with an obscene amount of money. :lol:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
subzero said:
peekaygee73 said:

Absolutely! But the most fun part for me in vintage SW collecting is hunting down the items I want. I think if I had the money to buy whatever I wanted I'd get bored of it pretty quickly.

subzero

Sith Lord
peekaygee73 said:
subzero said:
peekaygee73 said:

Absolutely! But the most fun part for me in vintage SW collecting is hunting down the items I want. I think if I had the money to buy whatever I wanted I'd get bored of it pretty quickly.

Nah in all fairness that's completely true, everything you own wouldn't mean anything, it actually would take the fun out of it. All of the effort, time and hard work spent on accumulating a collection means so much more than just being able to click a finger and get whatever you want.

Something iv'e always said is if I won the lottery life would become boring, there'd be no challenge to anything or a thrill in making money off an item, or working hard for the satisfaction of eventually being able to buy something. Which is probably why rich people eventually turn to hookers and cocaine. :lol:

jared007

Padawan
As others have said, the rare stuff you probably need to go networking. Otherwise you are covering a good number of avenues - more than most people do I'd say!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Everywhere. This week I won something rare on eBay hiding in plain sight, I'll post it in the limelight thread when it arrives. You really need to scan everywhere.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Everywhere. This week I won something rare on eBay hiding in plain sight, I'll post it in the limelight thread when it arrives. You really need to scan everywhere.

What did you find Ed?

Burto

Padawan
Palitoyman said:
In order to buy rare MOC's I find that my best way is through other collectors who know other collectors etc, when you build up contacts in this game it is worth its weight in gold, the majority of rare items I have got has come through contacts and people helping me out as I've done with them.

When I got my Palitoy 30 back Yoda, AFA 80, late on last year I had no idea about it until a friend I know in collecting was good enough to inform me as he knew I needed that figure to complete my Palitoy 30 back B graded run, going on ebay etc is fine but nothing much comes up, only from time to time and every man and his dog knows about it.

So, where do you buy rare Moc's, my answer would be from other collectors who decide to sell and inform you, this hobby is about building friendships and trust but most importantly having a good and fair reputation, thankfully I have and that's why people help me along the way.

As he says, your talking about items that exist in very small quantities and the demand for them is huge, plus most are locked away.

Networking with other collectors, being relationships ect us defo the best way to go for what you are after

wrighty

Sith Lord
Thought there are on the top shelve in Toys R Us!! :lol:

Like others say having the right connection is key, rare items exchange hands without any public knowledge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom