When was the last time you saw a carded figure out in the wild?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
The last one for me was about a year ago. I was walking through Portobello road and one of the stalls had a carded jedi gamorrean guard with a mega yellow and crushed bubble for £25

I passed on it.

a lot of these collectables shops get loose figures and boxed ships in from time to time but very rarely carded figures

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I've just had this cool video sent to me from an old member of this site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3I6h_HAfys

enjoy!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Great Video.

I have never found a MOC in the wild but I did find a vintage Star Wars No 1 comic in Camden Market in one of the stalls when I was in my early thirties which was equally as exciting for me.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Prob about 1985! As after I started secondary school in 1987 I had no interest in Star Wars toys for 20 years until I started collecting in 2007. I have never seen a carded figure in the wild other than in Modellers loft in Caterham and Snoopers Paradise in Brighton.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Have mentioned this before but about 1995 I saw my sisters friends boy playing with some Jabbers goons and asked where they came from, she said a woman on a greeting card stall was selling them down the market for 40p each carded, he had ripped them open , even back then :eek: I shot down there and bought the last 4 out the box, she said she may have had a few left and would bring them the next week , never saw them there again and should have tried a bit harder but it was 1995 and was not to fussed :D Think you can see the 40p in marker on one of them :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF0524.JPG
    DSCF0524.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • DSCF0525.JPG
    DSCF0525.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,051

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
correction 50 p I was robbed :D this was one of the cards the boy had opened bless him :)

How lucky to find these super rare highly sought after mint examples of vintage sw goodness :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF0575.JPG
    DSCF0575.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,049

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:

enjoy!

Is it just me or i that video clearly fake? Anybody could walk in to a supermarket with a MOC and put it on a hanger to make a video like this.

Jamas79

Padawan
I have never ever stumbled on a carded figure in the wild post 86-87 (Still sold in Sweden by then).
Me and my brothers always kept an eye out for figures in the early 90's but never found anything. Did never see any in discouny bins either.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
pizzathehutt said:

enjoy!

Is it just me or i that video clearly fake? Anybody could walk in to a supermarket with a MOC and put it on a hanger to make a video like this.

He does put it through the till, but I suppose that could be set up to.

It reminds me of a 80's film called Street Trash where a shop owner finds some old bottles of Alcohol hidden behind a panel in his shop which he decides to sell to the local Alcoholic Vagrants unfortunately the Alcohol turns out to be contaminated causing the Tramps to melt and explode.

At least the finding the Gamorrean Guard in a shop video had a happy ending.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Not carded but I remember heavily discounted Droids boxed toys (no figures and no A-Wings unfortunately) in TRU in Preston in approx 1992 when I just started collecting. Didn't buy any as didnt know much about them back then.

Also a small post office in a village near where I grew up (now closed and converted to a house) had some ESB / Jedi minirigs on the shelves as late as 1989. I remember them clearly and can pinpoint the year.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I wonder what it is like in other countries with other franchises like Glasslite in Brazil, it would be nice to stumble across a MOC Vlix in a little corner shop.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I wonder what it is like in other countries with other franchises like Glasslite in Brazil, it would be nice to stumble across a MOC Vlix in a little corner shop.
Now that really would be something!

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Spanish seaside town circa 1994. 1 x jabba playset, 3 x ewok handgliders. Shop keeper probably thought i was a weirdo buying the lot! There were also he-man toys which i didn't buy

Crumm

Padawan
1988 in Blackpool.

I bought three from a guy selling them from a pop-up pasting table on the promenade.

Han Carbonite
Luke Poncho
R2D2 Sensorscope I think was the other one.

subzero

Sith Lord
My last time was around the late 80's when I was about 7 or 8, I remember going to a hardware shop with my dad and I was standing at the front door while he was paying for stuff at the till and there was a large box / discount bin right next to the front door outside and remember looking at the figures in there in amazement. It was loaded to the top with MOC's for £1 each, i'll forever regret that day for the rest of my life not buying a load of them, but I suppose it would have been worse if I did and opened them all, which is what I def would have done at that age. :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I remember going into a large shop near Malaga in Costa Del Sol around 1985 with my Dad and there were loads of MOC'S hanging on the wall. I don't remember what they were but I presume they were tri logo and there must have been at least 50 if not more and I didn't buy one.

Tomasfuria

Youngling
Like a year ago in Glasgow. I went for a walk around the old antique shops.: A Palitoy boxed rebel transport, complete and box in good conditions. When I asked the guy for the price I was in shock: He asked for £20!

Obviously, I have got it! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom