Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 7, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 7, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:34 am

dienstuhr wrote:Yes, it's a Kenner Canada box. :D

My trademark blog content is photos with figures set up to replicate the photos on the box. It's great fun (especially with toys like the AT-AT that have over a dozen figures in the box pictures) and readers do seem to get a kick out of it :mrgreen:

Cheers

d.

Nice, yes you ahve some great pictures with display of figures 8)

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Just 'plugging a gap', so to speak. My apologies for not posting this sooner. I should have done so ages ago, but better late than never, hopefully!

Here's my Kenner Death Star. The box isn't terrible, but could also be quite a bit better. I'm not complaining though as I'm just happy to have one :-). The set itself is complete, but I don't have any decent photos of all the loose pieces together, and none at all of it set up. Kudos to dienstuhr then for his excellent photo (and website), which shows the set off properly. I'll try to compensate for my shortcomings by including a sneaky pic of (part of) the Dianoga! :lol:

Not Bad, But Palitoy Did It Better.jpg
Not Bad, But Palitoy Did It Better.jpg (98.07 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Some of the Dianoga.jpg
Some of the Dianoga.jpg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 321 times

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 pm

That’s some haircut and yellow polo neck :lol:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:That’s some haircut and yellow polo neck :lol:

The 1970's at their best! :lol:

I love the fact that both Kenner and Palitoy felt it necessary to show kids playing with the toys on their early Star Wars boxes... you know, just in case any kids out there didn't realise what they were or hadn't a clue what to do with them! :roll:

:lol:

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:That’s some haircut and yellow polo neck :lol:

The 1970's at their best! :lol:

I love the fact that both Kenner and Palitoy felt it necessary to show kids playing with the toys on their early Star Wars boxes... you know, just in case any kids out there didn't realise what they were or hadn't a clue what to do with them! :roll:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Just 'plugging a gap', so to speak. My apologies for not posting this sooner. I should have done so ages ago, but better late than never, hopefully!

Here's my Kenner Death Star. The box isn't terrible, but could also be quite a bit better. I'm not complaining though as I'm just happy to have one :-). The set itself is complete, but I don't have any decent photos of all the loose pieces together, and none at all of it set up. Kudos to dienstuhr then for his excellent photo (and website), which shows the set off properly. I'll try to compensate for my shortcomings by including a sneaky pic of (part of) the Dianoga! :lol:

Some of the Dianoga.jpg

Great to see you keep the old thread alive :D Wow that box is a beauty and that Dianoga is so cool, one of 2 boxes I am still missing. I also hope I will get one next year in my collection. Thanks mate for sharing the pictures with the rest of us :wink: and even as the kids look funny at those old boxes :lol: then I can only say it was a fucking good time this old days :lol:

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Looks reslly cool this toy, although a bit before my time I would still love one boixed some day. Some great examples, thanks for posting everyone.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Just 'plugging a gap', so to speak. My apologies for not posting this sooner. I should have done so ages ago, but better late than never, hopefully!

Some of the Dianoga.jpg

That Droids Factory R2 is nice and white!
Oh and a Tri Logo Fett, very nice.

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Mini99 wrote:

Some of the Dianoga.jpg

Thank you. The plastic is still nice and white, but the sticker is a little discoloured. It's quite tough to find a Palitoy 3-legged R2 with a pearly white sticker though, so I'm happy enough with this one for now :-)

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:

Some of the Dianoga.jpg

Thank you. The plastic is still nice and white, but the sticker is a little discoloured. It's quite tough to find a Palitoy 3-legged R2 with a pearly white sticker though, so I'm happy enough with this one for now :-)

It’s a hell of a lot better than my Kenner one!

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”