SWTOTW, Week 7, 2018, Part 2/2 Kenner Death Star Space Station

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Kenner Death Star Space Station:

death.jpeg

The last playset I miss in my collection before my playset collection is complete. So I hope some of you can help with some pictures
of this fantastic playset :wink:

apack7229

Sith Lord
I got this one in an antique store near me last year. Missing the bottom parts though.

Attachments

• EAF66719-D6F8-4CB9-B67C-9E8D57626AAE.jpeg
    EAF66719-D6F8-4CB9-B67C-9E8D57626AAE.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,582

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
I got this one in an antique store near me last year. Missing the bottom parts though.

Wow Alex, that box is a beauty 8) I have tried to find one in europe, complete with a nice box but that is not so easy unless you want to pay a lot of money for it :( So how is the hunt going for the parts you are missing ? :D

spoons

Grand Master
I definitely have a few spare struts, might have a floor or two too. will check for you.

I have a loose one of these with card panels I printed off myself. It was meant for the kids to play with but I was always worried that they'd break it :)

apack7229

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
apack7229 said:

Wow Alex, that box is a beauty 8) I have tried to find one in europe, complete with a nice box but that is not so easy unless you want to pay a lot of money for it :( So how is the hunt going for the parts you are missing ? :D

Thanks. :D They do get expensive and hard to find when complete. I haven't actually looked into getting any parts for it yet.

apack7229

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I definitely have a few spare struts, might have a floor or two too. will check for you.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer but I'm not really looking at fixing it up as I like my stuff more or less in as found condition. Just a bit weird that way. :lol: Thanks again though.

spoons

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
spoons said:

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer but I'm not really looking at fixing it up as I like my stuff more or less in as found condition. Just a bit weird that way. :lol: Thanks again though.

no problem at all - as found is good too :mrgreen:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
apack7229 said:

Thanks. :D They do get expensive and hard to find when complete. I haven't actually looked into getting any parts for it yet.

Yes and if they are complete, then the box is damaged :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
spoons said:

Wow, so will you never complete it ? :shock:
I would have said yes to the offer :lol: Andy did help me a few years ago with a B-Wing fighter part so I could repair my broken B-Wing :wink:

apack7229

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
I would have said yes to the offer :lol: Andy did help me a few years ago with a B-Wing fighter part so I could repair my broken B-Wing :wink:

Probably not but maybe one day I might.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:

Probably not but maybe one day I might.

Ok :wink:

dienstuhr

Padawan
Yes, it's a Kenner Canada box. :D

My trademark blog content is photos with figures set up to replicate the photos on the box. It's great fun (especially with toys like the AT-AT that have over a dozen figures in the box pictures) and readers do seem to get a kick out of it :mrgreen:

Cheers

d.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
dienstuhr said:
Yes, it's a Kenner Canada box. :D

My trademark blog content is photos with figures set up to replicate the photos on the box. It's great fun (especially with toys like the AT-AT that have over a dozen figures in the box pictures) and readers do seem to get a kick out of it :mrgreen:

Cheers

d.

Nice, yes you ahve some great pictures with display of figures 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Just 'plugging a gap', so to speak. My apologies for not posting this sooner. I should have done so ages ago, but better late than never, hopefully!

Here's my Kenner Death Star. The box isn't terrible, but could also be quite a bit better. I'm not complaining though as I'm just happy to have one :). The set itself is complete, but I don't have any decent photos of all the loose pieces together, and none at all of it set up. Kudos to dienstuhr then for his excellent photo (and website), which shows the set off properly. I'll try to compensate for my shortcomings by including a sneaky pic of (part of) the Dianoga! :lol:

Not Bad, But Palitoy Did It Better.jpg

Some of the Dianoga.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
That's some haircut and yellow polo neck :lol:
The 1970's at their best! :lol:

I love the fact that both Kenner and Palitoy felt it necessary to show kids playing with the toys on their early Star Wars boxes... you know, just in case any kids out there didn't realise what they were or hadn't a clue what to do with them! :roll:

:lol:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
That's some haircut and yellow polo neck :lol:
The 1970's at their best! :lol:

I love the fact that both Kenner and Palitoy felt it necessary to show kids playing with the toys on their early Star Wars boxes... you know, just in case any kids out there didn't realise what they were or hadn't a clue what to do with them! :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom