Header image

Fun poll time!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.

What shall tomli6's fate be?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Let him wait until Friday for his money
1
3%
Let him wait 7 days for his money
1
3%
Let him wait the full 24 days for his money
33
92%
Leave him feedback right now and end his suffering
1
3%
 
Total votes: 36

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
oh, I did not know you could cancel a bid, I only thought you could cancel a deal after you won :shock: but thanks for the warning about his new account :wink:


Yeah bid retractions has been a feature for years now, a seller can also retract a bidders bid too if they don't want them bidding.

No probs, i'm always happy to warn collectors.


Thanks, sorry to see ebay have not done anything to stop him yet :( I wish there was a auction site like ebay where you could only sell vintage star wars and some good guys was in charge of the auction site, so they will kick guys out like him forever :D


Ebay can be a complete joke when they want to be, what makes me angry is if a decent person slightly steps out of line by mistake then they get immediately punished.

A vintage Star Wars auction site would be amazing! :shock:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9148
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:05 pm

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:
Yeah bid retractions has been a feature for years now, a seller can also retract a bidders bid too if they don't want them bidding.

No probs, i'm always happy to warn collectors.


Thanks, sorry to see ebay have not done anything to stop him yet :( I wish there was a auction site like ebay where you could only sell vintage star wars and some good guys was in charge of the auction site, so they will kick guys out like him forever :D


Ebay can be a complete joke when they want to be, what makes me angry is if a decent person slightly steps out of line by mistake then they get immediately punished.

A vintage Star Wars auction site would be amazing! :shock:


Yes it would be amazing :wink:

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 am

Finally a result! :)

This guy has had his newest account shut down now too, I seen him list 4 items yesterday and ebay removed them all, iv'e just looked at the account and it's now "no longer registered"...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/jametomli-4? ... 7675.l2559

So after all the reporting for shill bidding ebay have finally acted on it, but I think iv'e spotted the worm appear again already in another account right after his listings got removed, probably a friend or relatives account. The spelling in the description and pretending they know nothing about the weapon reeks of tomli6, and the 'item location' is only a few miles away from where tomli6 is, so make sure not to bid on any items from this account, i'll also be contacting ebay to let them know he's using this account...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Princess-Lei ... SwgTlay2FH

Thanks guys to all of you who helped report his other listings. 8)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9148
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

subzero wrote:Finally a result! :)

This guy has had his newest account shut down now too, I seen him list 4 items yesterday and ebay removed them all, iv'e just looked at the account and it's now "no longer registered"...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/jametomli-4? ... 7675.l2559

So after all the reporting for shill bidding ebay have finally acted on it, but I think iv'e spotted the worm appear again already in another account right after his listings got removed, probably a friend or relatives account. The spelling in the description and pretending they know nothing about the weapon reeks of tomli6, and the 'item location' is only a few miles away from where tomli6 is, so make sure not to bid on any items from this account, i'll also be contacting ebay to let them know he's using this account...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Princess-Lei ... SwgTlay2FH

Thanks guys to all of you who helped report his other listings. 8)


That is great news that he is out of ebay. I hope not that it is correct that he is back on a family or friends account :? great work :wink:

User avatar
TK-7785
Regular
Regular
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby TK-7785 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 am

"...but dose float when pushed under Walter".

Who is Walter and how does he feel about repro weapons being shoved underneath him? Won't somebody please think of Walter!!

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando MOCs - Kenner ROTJ 65c / Kenner ROTJ 79b / Palitoy ROTJ 65c / Tri-Logo
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote:Finally a result! :)

This guy has had his newest account shut down now too, I seen him list 4 items yesterday and ebay removed them all, iv'e just looked at the account and it's now "no longer registered"...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/jametomli-4? ... 7675.l2559

So after all the reporting for shill bidding ebay have finally acted on it, but I think iv'e spotted the worm appear again already in another account right after his listings got removed, probably a friend or relatives account. The spelling in the description and pretending they know nothing about the weapon reeks of tomli6, and the 'item location' is only a few miles away from where tomli6 is, so make sure not to bid on any items from this account, i'll also be contacting ebay to let them know he's using this account...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Princess-Lei ... SwgTlay2FH

Thanks guys to all of you who helped report his other listings. 8)


That is great news that he is out of ebay. I hope not that it is correct that he is back on a family or friends account :? great work :wink:


It only took close to 2 months of reporting :lol: but good it's finally being acted on, i'll update on here if anything happens with this other account.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:53 am

TK-7785 wrote:"...but dose float when pushed under Walter".

Who is Walter and how does he feel about repro weapons being shoved underneath him? Won't somebody please think of Walter!!

Chris


:lol: :lol:

Just be glad it doesn't say "pushed inside" :shock: :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 6204
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:55 am

Good job. Looking through the new sellers feedback they have bought Star Wars stuff over quite a long period, so more likely to be another of his accounts or a collector friend.

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am

edd_jedi wrote:Good job. Looking through the new sellers feedback they have bought Star Wars stuff over quite a long period, so more likely to be another of his accounts or a collector friend.


Ah right okay that's good to know, tomli6 has had 4 accounts so far all from Chesterfield, 2 of the accounts he's suddenly stopped selling in last week so I have a feeling he's had listing privileges removed from them, because he randomly started listing in his latest one with 0 fb and not bothering with the other accounts, but now he's had that one banned yesterday he's started using this jogon555 account on the same day, it's registered in Alton only a short trip away so yes I reckon it's probably a friend or family member.

He's probably been blocked from opening another account or told not to so he's resorted to another person's account.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 am

Just spoke to ebay, they've looked into it and said they will be taking action on this account. 8)

The dumbass has probably been logging into it from his same IP address. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:20 am

I'm glad I sent him this message 4 weeks ago. :lol:

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9148
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 pm

subzero wrote:I'm glad I sent him this message 4 weeks ago. :lol:

Untitled.png


:lol:

User avatar
stu70
New User
New User
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:11 am
Location: Kent

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby stu70 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:37 pm

The username jogon555 rang a bell with me, I sold him a figure well over a year ago, he also bid on another one I had for sale and he sent me a couple of messages that were a bit hard to understand shall we say, but he paid promptly and I had no problem with him as a buyer. As it's been said he has been buying and selling Star Wars for a long time.

I also remember his listings then had poor spelling and punctuation, he also sold some "custom" figures, as he has listed now, I remember the creme egg R2D2, and found this old thread from over a year ago,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33390

Deep intake of breath before you read the description of the figure, also he seems to live in Alton in Hampshire not Derbyshire, so can it be the same guy?

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby subzero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

stu70 wrote:The username jogon555 rang a bell with me, I sold him a figure well over a year ago, he also bid on another one I had for sale and he sent me a couple of messages that were a bit hard to understand shall we say, but he paid promptly and I had no problem with him as a buyer. As it's been said he has been buying and selling Star Wars for a long time.

I also remember his listings then had poor spelling and punctuation, he also sold some "custom" figures, as he has listed now, I remember the creme egg R2D2, and found this old thread from over a year ago,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33390

Deep intake of breath before you read the description of the figure, also he seems to live in Alton in Hampshire not Derbyshire, so can it be the same guy?


Aahh right I didn't know there was two Alton's :? so there's a small chance it's not him then, strange thing is ebay looked into it and agreed with me on chat earlier and said they will take action. The poor spelling and style of the descriptions are all spot on the same, but time will tell anyway.

Can't view that ebay listing unfortunately as it's not available to view any more, tomli6 was always selling crappy custom figures too.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
stu70
New User
New User
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:11 am
Location: Kent

Re: Fun poll time!

Postby stu70 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:35 pm

subzero wrote:
stu70 wrote:The username jogon555 rang a bell with me, I sold him a figure well over a year ago, he also bid on another one I had for sale and he sent me a couple of messages that were a bit hard to understand shall we say, but he paid promptly and I had no problem with him as a buyer. As it's been said he has been buying and selling Star Wars for a long time.

I also remember his listings then had poor spelling and punctuation, he also sold some "custom" figures, as he has listed now, I remember the creme egg R2D2, and found this old thread from over a year ago,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33390

Deep intake of breath before you read the description of the figure, also he seems to live in Alton in Hampshire not Derbyshire, so can it be the same guy?


Aahh right I didn't know there was two Alton's :? so there's a small chance it's not him then, strange thing is ebay looked into it and agreed with me on chat earlier and said they will take action. The poor spelling and style of the descriptions are all spot on the same, but time will tell anyway.

Can't view that ebay listing unfortunately as it's not available to view any more, tomli6 was always selling crappy custom figures too.



Got the link here, working for me ok,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Droids-R2-D2 ... 7675.l2557


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grinchy, olisuds and 22 guests