Header image

Argh!!!!! Double Stem bubbles in transit!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Argh!!!!! Double Stem bubbles in transit!

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:20 pm

In the last three days I have received TWO double stem MOC's, a Micro-Meccano and a Clipper and BOTH have had their bubbles detached in transit in their AFA & UKG case WITHOUT sliders!!! One from US to UK and the other from Spain to UK.

Absolutely gutted purely for the fact these rarer MOC's have now been permanently damaged, guessing by the dried glue and bubble type as this does not seem to appear to happen on normal bubbles.

Pointless sending them back as they'll both be absolutely ruined, even more so than a hanging off bubble.

Both sellers have agreed to give fair partial refunds but to me this is no compensation. No one wins here!

Just a warning if you are selling or buying and posting abroad (or even locally). PUT SLIDERS ON or they're done!

ARGH!!!
Last edited by tigerham on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Argh!!!!! Double Stem bubbles in transit!

Postby poncho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:23 pm

sliders?

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:28 pm

poncho wrote:sliders?

They are protectors for the bubbles within the AFA case to stop it from moving anywhere and to stop it detaching from the cardback...

006371.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Sorry to hear what's happened to them. :(

Iv'e only ever bought one MOC so far with a double stem and it had splits in both stems and bubble lift, that bubble and it's seal seemed very weak.
Last edited by subzero on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Graded figures. Bust em out and post them packed properly.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:Graded figures. Bust em out and post them packed properly.

My intentions on BOTH MOC's were to bust them out as I don't want them caged up permanently so got display cases for them. On both I don't have a choice but to bust them out anyway.

I will reseal them as I really am not bothered about resale value as I bought them for my personal collection and not to sell on but I will use as little adhesive as needed and not for the whole lift.

(Hand on forehead... sigh!)

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby apack7229 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:07 pm

That's why I hate graded stuff. Absolutely horrible to try to protect the bubble during shipping. Really sorry to hear about your luck with the bubble.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm

tigerham wrote:

They are protectors for the bubbles within the AFA case to stop it from moving anywhere and to stop it detaching from the cardback...

006371.JPG

I assume that these have to be specified when the card is graded, I’ve never seen these before on a graded MOC that hasn’t already got bubble damage.
Is this a new option, I’ve not seen this option with UKG?

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Mini99 wrote:
tigerham wrote:

006371.JPG

I assume that these have to be specified when the card is graded, I’ve never seen these before on a graded MOC that hasn’t already got bubble damage.

I would imagine they have to be specified and have seen them for a while now but on AFA so not sure about UKG.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 pm

tigerham wrote:
Mini99 wrote:
tigerham wrote:

006371.JPG

I would imagine they have to be specified and have seen them for a while now but on AFA so not sure about UKG.

If they aren’t too intrusive then these have got to be a no brainer option.
I would like to see one of these in hand to see what they look like, how noticeable they are etc.
I have always been very wary of buying graded and shipping it as the bubble is so vanerable as it can’t be protected.
So sorry to see that your two have been damaged in the post my worst nightmare.

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Mini99 wrote:
tigerham wrote:
Mini99 wrote:I assume that these have to be specified when the card is graded, I’ve never seen these before on a graded MOC that hasn’t already got bubble damage.

I would like to see one of these in hand to see what they look like, how noticeable they are etc.
I have always been very wary of buying graded and shipping it as the bubble is so vanerable as it can’t be protected.

Thank you. I was going to say here's one close up then saw another image of another one... :roll:

002553.JPG

bubble11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 am

tigerham wrote:
Mini99 wrote:
tigerham wrote:

Thank you. I was going to say here's one close up then saw another image of another one... :roll:

002553.JPG

bubble11.jpg

Oh dear, what a tragedy :shock:
I wonder how many have been destroyed in the post?

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm not a fan of grading anyway, but this just saddens me. So sorry this has happened.

Surely the no.1 prerequisite for "archiving" is to ensure that any further deterioration is kept to an absolute minimum. How many more MOCs will suffer this fate, let alone the extremely rare, few remaining examples of certain carded figures!? Break them all free! It's almost like the grading process was invented for profit. :roll:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm

TK-7785 wrote:I'm not a fan of grading anyway, but this just saddens me. So sorry this has happened.

Surely the no.1 prerequisite for "archiving" is to ensure that any further deterioration is kept to an absolute minimum. How many more MOCs will suffer this fate, let alone the extremely rare, few remaining examples of certain carded figures!? Break them all free! It's almost like the grading process was invented for profit. :roll:

Thank you. Both now broken free. The UKG one came off surprisingly easy and clean.

IMG_4327.JPG

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:08 pm

tigerham wrote:
TK-7785 wrote:I'm not a fan of grading anyway, but this just saddens me. So sorry this has happened.

Thank you. Both now broken free. The UKG one came off surprisingly easy and clean.

IMG_4327.JPG

Hmm!, i'm surprised they aren't welded together much better than that for security, a shady person could possibly use that to stick a resealed card back in then seal the case back up. :?
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”