What Rare Items Do You Remember Opening?

indianawars

Sith Lord
So what rare Star Wars items do you remember opening as a kid? Did you sell or give away something years ago that has since turned into a gold-mine?

subzero

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
So what rare Star Wars items do you remember opening as a kid? Or did you sell something years ago that has since turned into a gold-mine?

I never got any vintage Star Wars toys for xmas or any other occasion :( :( everything SW we had in our family were technically my older brother's toys but we all shared & played with them. I do remember opening many other toys though, and I cringe at the memories of tearing boxes and packaging open on xmas mornings as if it was just meaningless wrapping paper, then getting all the huge pile of boxes that me and my 3 brothers had all opened, folding and tearing them all up and ****ing it all into black bin liners ready for binning, the horror!! :shock:

indianawars

Sith Lord
My worst memory was thinking that I was grown up enough not to still have toys. As we didn't know anyone with younger children, I decided to bin EVERYTHING! I've never opened anything rare, but during a 90s car boot, I do remember buying a sealed AT-AT for £2 and ripping that sucker open, destroying the box in the process.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I don't think I got anything rare when I was a kid :( I remember tri-logo stormtrooper moc that I did open and then some palitoy and kenner. There could also have been some other tri-logo and 2 speeder bikes in bilogo boxes. I only remember the ROTJ and Tri-log back on the cardbacks. But I remember ESB and maybe SW from the front in the shops.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Most of our first wave ESB figures were Palitoy, and I'm pretty sure our SW figures were too, as I remember the cardback. I vividly remember the cardbacks going into a plastic bin bag in the garage along with the other Christmas rubbish, ready for the next bin collection.

We also had a Palitoy Land of the Jawas and I know we still had the box for this when we sold it around 86/87. Otherwise not much really.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Palitoy ESB 30 bk Boba and Han Hoth, Christmas 1981. Kept the cardbacks for years, but threw them away when I was a teenager (under duress from my Mum). Still got the loose figures thankfully 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
I wonder if there's anyone out there who remembers opening a trilogo Madine? :eek: :lol:

indianawars

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Palitoy ESB 30 bk Boba and Han Hoth, Christmas 1981. Kept the cardbacks for years, but threw them away when I was a teenager (under duress from my Mum). Still got the loose figures thankfully 8)

OUCH!!!! I'm glad I don't have to live with that one weighing on my mind :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Almost the entire Palitoy Star Wars 4 inch line! All the 12 backs (minus small head Han which came from a friend of my brother), all the 20 backs, the Landspeeder, X-Wing, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, TIE Fighter, Cantina, Land of the Jawas, Droid Factory and Death Star... All Palitoy, all opened, all boxes and cards thrown away on the spot :-(

.... BUT all the toys were loved, played with regularly and looked after very well, with not a single accessory lost or damaged!... Until I sold some of them to fund Empire purchases (again, mostly Palitoy, but with some Kenner figures thrown in the mix by this point. All playsets, ships and vehicles were Palitoy though, and again none of the packaging was kept! The only things I didn't own from the UK 4 inch Empire line were the Wampa, AT-AT, Imperial Attack Base and Mini-rigs).

And then I sold everything I still owned just after Jedi came out to buy a Halford's Turbo BMX! That may sound like a really bad deal, but today those bikes are worthless ;-)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Don't know what's classed as rare from the original SW cards but ripped my way through a fair number of these, as I kept my original cards backs, this kenner t r and a palitoy power droid are in evidence of my eager impatient need to get to the lovely sw goodness inside, I always kept the cards so why did I not think to open carefully from the back ?? and maybe not cut the names out to get my mail away's ??? not a hope as a 8 year old :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF0534.JPG
    DSCF0534.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • DSCF0533.JPG
    DSCF0533.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,201

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Palitoy 30back Fett for me too. It wasn't rare then tho. That's just how it rolled. I got my 18 grand's worth out of it in play value. I've still got it and it's wonderfully knackered.

And I've told a boring story before where my pal bought a marked-down Fett in 1986 just to throw about and act the tosser with. I remember noting it was made of a much lighter colour than my Boba.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I don't think I opened anything that's rare now. Nothing was rare then! I was chatting to my mate about Star Wars toys the other day. He's a bit older than me and he told me his first two Star Wars figures were Luke and Chewie (Palitoy 12 backs)!! When I told him how much they're worth now and that they're two of the most valuable he couldn't believe it. He also once got a Palitoy 12 back Han for 22p in a clearance box in his local newsagent in 1978/79.

Markzane

Padawan
The rarest would be Palitoy 20 backs, including Power Droid- I remember being disappointed as the only first 12 (Palitoy) I could get were Chewie and Darth Vader. Tough times :D

My local shop had shelves full of them. I was given a second Chewbacca Palitoy 12 back by someone and opened that as well :eek:

Heith

Padawan
Still remember my 1st 2 figures, luke and stormtrooper
They would have been Palitoy 12 backs while on holiday in Rhyl

I ripped open more than 50 moc toltoys mainly 45 back display arena , survival kit and a bunch of 65 backs including boba fett . No 12 back or twenty back toltoys .

Paullaura

Padawan
Two vinyl cape jawas and a land of the jawas playset. I can only assume the jawas were palitoy aswell cos all my cardbacks were back then.
Obviously at the time they werent considered rare and soon after, my neighbour got a jawa with cloth cape and i hated the vinyl cape ones!! :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom