Advice on becoming a seller on ebay again please?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

between 2004 and 2009 I sold on ebay, nothing special and I wasn't selling a lot really but unfortunately I had a bunch of items get lost in the post, received a bunch of negative feedback and was booted off as a seller for good :(

I spent hours on the phone to customer services explaining how items were lost and I was hit by illness but nothing could be done and I was left with an account I can only buy with

I tried listing an item a few months ago thinking my selling ban would have been lifted after 7 years but still it wouldn't let me do it

Any advice on how I can become a seller again? do I need to open a new bank account or something?

I'd really appreciate this thanks
Andrew

indianawars

Sith Lord
I think you can create a new eBay account with a different email address. It means starting over again, but at least you'll have no negative feedback :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
I'd contact ebay again via live chat or phone them up and explain the situation, noting that it's now been 7 years. If you open a new ebay account and start selling in it when you already have a selling ban on a previous account, and ebay connect the accounts and find out it's you then you can possibly get both accounts permanently ( forever ) banned for both selling and buying, with no way to ever dispute it. Unfortunately one person can only own one paypal account so even if you changed bank account details you'd still have to use the same paypal account and ebay can link that to your restricted seller account.

The best bet is to contact them and ask what is needed for you to reinstate your selling privileges, they should help you out now considering how long it's been.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
subzero said:
I'd contact ebay again via live chat or phone them up and explain the situation, noting that it's now been 7 years. If you open a new ebay account and start selling in it when you already have a selling ban on a previous account, and ebay connect the accounts and find out it's you then you can possibly get both accounts permanently ( forever ) banned for both selling and buying, with no way to ever dispute it. Unfortunately one person can only own one paypal account so even if you changed bank account details you'd still have to use the same paypal account and ebay can link that to your restricted seller account.

The best bet is to contact them and ask what is needed for you to reinstate your selling privileges, they should help you out now considering how long it's been.

where do I find the live chat? I can only see email or call options

this is what it says on my account under selling....

"This account doesn't meet our seller performance standards, which means you won't be able to sell with this account. If you had any active listings, they've been removed and fees may be credited. If you've had any recent sales, you're still expected to ship those items right away. The decision to remove your selling privileges is final.

Please note that registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid this selling restriction is not allowed."

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
subzero said:

where do I find the live chat? I can only see email or call options

this is what it says on my account under selling....

"This account doesn't meet our seller performance standards, which means you won't be able to sell with this account. If you had any active listings, they've been removed and fees may be credited. If you've had any recent sales, you're still expected to ship those items right away. The decision to remove your selling privileges is final.

Please note that registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid this selling restriction is not allowed."

Just found the link, it can be a little tricky to find the chat option as it only shows up when you select certain reasons, it's at the bottom of this page somewhere...

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1456&levelHierarchy=1a1a1

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
no goot!

just got this from ebay after the first person on the chat told me my account was fine and told me to go ahead and list something which I wasted my time doing as it still said I was banned...

I've checked and after a careful review, your account has been permanently from selling since 2012 as your performance has not met the standards required to sell on eBay.

Please note that all sellers need to consistently provide service that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. This includes setting and meeting buyer expectations by providing excellent customer service from beginning to end.

I assure you that we didn't restrict your account from selling right away

Once an account goes to a below standard level, we give them 3 months to improve if there is no improvement we then decrease their limits, from here if we don't start to see an improvement this can lead to the account being restrictted

Although your selling will not be possible anymore, please let me assure you that we value your loyalty and we're grateful that you have stayed with us for years. Please note that you may still continue to buy items, leave Feedback, access emails in My Messages and do most other administrative tasks.

wankers!

subzero

Sith Lord
What a bummer, sorry to hear that, how on earth do they expect people to improve themselves and their accounts if they won't even let you try and redeem it!, I could understand them saying all this babble if it was within 12 months of being restricted, but 7 years?, that's not fair, a lot changes in 7 years with people and their situations so you should be given a chance to sell again.

Yet arseholes like tomli6 and many others can carry on scamming people after getting multiple neg feedbacks for scamming, ebay at it's best! :evil:

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
its bizarre, I wasn't even selling much

it makes me laugh how some of these companies have tons of negative feedback but because they sell so much it does matter

the ebay chat person told me to email ebay to try and get the ban lifted, we shall see but I don't have much hope

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
its bizarre, I wasn't even selling much

it makes me laugh how some of these companies have tons of negative feedback but because they sell so much it does matter

the ebay chat person told me to email ebay to try and get the ban lifted, we shall see but I don't have much hope

I remember when I got suspended about 10 years ago and they told me they were to decide how long it would last for lol, I didn't even know how long it might last and was in the dark about it, after a month or so I sent them an email pleading why I should be allowed to sell again and they reinstated my account that same week.

The most important things to do in your email is to make it sound as friendly as possible so even on first impressions they see a positive seller attitude, and you also need to tell them the things that you'll be actively doing to make sure you keep your account in good standing, and the bad things you will be making the best efforts to avoid that got you restricted last time.

The more they see that you'll be taking specific action the more likely they'll be to reinstate you, unfortunately yes with rein-stations you almost kind of need to beg a little bit and kiss their arses, but this is the only thing they'll sympathise with.

let us know how you get on.

TrooperWill

Padawan
just my ten pence.

in 2012 i let a friend use my eBay account as he said he couldn't work out how to set one up (alarm bells should have rung at this point), three weeks later and there is half a dozen open cases on my account from people who didn't get their items, unsurprisingly not long after that, my account was restricted like yours to buying only. some friend.

mid 2017 i needed to have a serious clear-out as i was moving house so i phoned them to try to get my suspension lifted and was told no way mate. i tried emails, calls, and joining the eBay forum thing. no joy.

in the end i signed up in my girlfriends name and using her pay-pal, have sold over 200 items and bought 250 with 100%positive feedback. wouldn't bother trying to get your account restriction lifted, even if they do it (which they wont) you will still have the negative feedback from before.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
After reading this thread, I had the same answer as Trooper Will.
Just open an account in your nearest and dearest name/bank account etc.
That will solve your problem without having to "grovel " to eBay.
Good luck.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I recently had a short restriction for non payment of fees. I objected to some of their charges so protested. Didn't get me any further than a month ban lol

I wanted to buy something while banned so easily opened a account in my wife's name. Bought and sold briefly through that account before returning to my own when ban lifted.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The guys beat me to it, just open an account in your wife/GF/BF's name and use their bank account.

It really is daft that eBay will ban sellers like you (assuming you weren't scamming people) but leave the thousands of scammers and dodgy chinese accounts that proliferate the site.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, eBay really COULD be an amazing gold mine for it's owners but they literally pick the worst possible option every single ****ing time. I'm struggling to think of a worse run company.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
yeah its a no go

Thanks for the advice guys

there was an awful lot of 'we understand your situation but tough ****' going on from ebay

what annoyed me the most was the fact that the first ebay person told me that my account was fine and to proceed with selling an item so I went through the whole long winded process of listing an item to be told no again. Idiots!

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
yeah its a no go

Thanks for the advice guys

there was an awful lot of 'we understand your situation but tough ****' going on from ebay

what annoyed me the most was the fact that the first ebay person told me that my account was fine and to proceed with selling an item so I went through the whole long winded process of listing an item to be told no again. Idiots!

If there's one thing iv'e learned from ebay support is half of them don't know what they're doing, iv'e had many occasions where a rep will completely contradict what other reps have told me or tell me to do something that's actually against ebay rules.

Sorry to hear though that you couldn't get anywhere with it, this world can be very unfair sometimes. :(

I'd follow the advice of others and use someone else's account if you can, **** that you have to do that but at least you can still sell your stuff that way.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Guys I think I'm getting somewhere with this!!!

Please help

Attachments

• AA70B0A5-E90B-475B-BE99-71C27895B664.png
    AA70B0A5-E90B-475B-BE99-71C27895B664.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 361

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
Guys I think I'm getting somewhere with this!!!

Please help

Unfortunately the 2nd question I don't fully know what's happened with your previous activity so can't answer that one, but the 3rd question i'd answer with...

"I will keep my ebay tab open throughout the entire day so I can keep a regular check for messages from buyers, I will answer any buyer messages asap and provide them with as much clear info/detail that I possibly can about the items they ask about, and reply in a professional & friendly manner."

The 4th question to be honest i'm not too sure why they're asking that one?, but if it was me i'd put...

"In the event that i'm unable to be present on ebay if that should ever happen due to unforeseen circumstances, I will get my ( tell them either wife or brother etc ) to manage my buyers messages for me and reply and support them until I am able to return to ebay, and/or put my shop on holiday settings if needed."

5th question...

"My typical handling time is always same or next day dispatch for every single order, and tracking will be provided for all orders that need it to reassure the buyers of my dispatch & delivery times, and if buyers ever inquire about a late delivery I will make sure to investigate this asap and rectify any delays or other problems with the delivery company iv'e used."

6th question...

"I will conduct a daily stocktake on any items I have in my inventory for sale to make sure the qty's I have listed for sale on ebay are the exact qty's I have in stock, I will also make sure to check the condition of every item and describe this clearly & accurately in all my listings, I also always check that my items are authentic &/or acquired from official suppliers/sources."

If anyone else wants to add to this or adjust anything feel free, this is what I myself would put but i'm not saying if they will definitely accept this or not as to be honest i'm not sure. Hope this helps though.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Thanks I have put pretty much those things you've said

I've also really pushed that I didn't have eBay through my phone back then which will make a huge difference

Fingers crossed

Leemcl

Jedi Master
While convenient, and I use it a lot, eBay is a bit of a bind and a blood sucker in terms of fees ( fees to them - separate fees to PayPal )

Depending on what you have to sell maybe forums ( and dare I say it Wastebook ) might serve your needs better?

Good luck either way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom