Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 45 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stubbs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 45 LAUNCHED

Postby Stubbs » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:56 pm

edd_jedi wrote:
Taffius wrote:And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :o :shock:

Farthest From is great for collectors of all budgets, I've been before without buying anything just to catch up with everyone :)

I have to agree my first farthest from was April last year and been to them all since and the first time I went I only had £50 to spend and I was very happy with what I picked up. Personally i enjoyed looking at everything again as I had only just started getting back into it after 15 years.

I enjoyed the experience of everything there and walking about having a chat with fellow star wars collectors.

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Stubbs wrote:
edd_jedi wrote:
Taffius wrote:And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :o :shock:

Farthest From is great for collectors of all budgets, I've been before without buying anything just to catch up with everyone :)

I have to agree my first farthest from was April last year and been to them all since and the first time I went I only had £50 to spend and I was very happy with what I picked up. Personally i enjoyed looking at everything again as I had only just started getting back into it after 15 years.

I enjoyed the experience of everything there and walking about having a chat with fellow star wars collectors.

Thanks Stubbs. That does fill me with hope then. Feel better about going now! :D

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Stubbs wrote:
edd_jedi wrote:

Wise words indeed.
All you need is the £3 to get in, the rest is up to you!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Taffius wrote:Hi team TVR. Whens the next podcast as I am running out episodes soon! :D
Taff

Sitting recording at this very moment - Simon boring the hell out of me at this time hence why I'm on forum

This would explain why you answered the wrong question about half a dozen times last night :P Anyway, I was asleep by then having listened to you moan about being picked on unfairly. Again.

Bobaluga
New User
New User

Postby Bobaluga » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 am

edd_jedi wrote:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:One small segment I particularly liked was the guy who talked through his story of setting a six year goal to collect the run of 12 Backs. He spoke with such integrity and conviction about trying to achieve this relatively humble goal, it was quite inspirational actually.

Yes I really enjoyed that too, reminded me of my early collecting days as a teenager when it would take me weeks to save up for each MOC. Makes a change from all the millionaires on Facebook boasting about their daily AFA 85 purchases

Hey guys! This is the Kentucky fellow that was featured, talking about my hunt for the 12 backs.

First and foremost, I sincerely appreciate all of the kind words! It was a tough ride and took a lot of time but worth every second and penny! Since the podcast recording I restarted some of my other 90s based figure collections like TMNT, Power Rangers and Batman.

I just got a shipment of acrylic cases from GW acrylics for my 12 backs that were ungraded to keep them protected. I bought 7 for $125 counting shipping. (US obviously)

I’m new to this site so I will post pictures to the forum as soon as I figure out the upload process!

The entire podcast was great! I’ve since went back and listened to at least 5 others. Much respect for you guys across the pond!

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Bobaluga wrote:
edd_jedi wrote:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:One small segment I particularly liked was the guy who talked through his story of setting a six year goal to collect the run of 12 Backs. He spoke with such integrity and conviction about trying to achieve this relatively humble goal, it was quite inspirational actually.

Yes I really enjoyed that too, reminded me of my early collecting days as a teenager when it would take me weeks to save up for each MOC. Makes a change from all the millionaires on Facebook boasting about their daily AFA 85 purchases

Hey guys! This is the Kentucky fellow that was featured, talking about my hunt for the 12 backs.

First and foremost, I sincerely appreciate all of the kind words! It was a tough ride and took a lot of time but worth every second and penny! Since the podcast recording I restarted some of my other 90s based figure collections like TMNT, Power Rangers and Batman.

I just got a shipment of acrylic cases from GW acrylics for my 12 backs that were ungraded to keep them protected. I bought 7 for $125 counting shipping. (US obviously)

I’m new to this site so I will post pictures to the forum as soon as I figure out the upload process!

The entire podcast was great! I’ve since went back and listened to at least 5 others. Much respect for you guys across the pond!

Thank you very much for sharing your story on how you managed to collect a 12 back run, is was very interesting and heart warming.
I am looking forward to seeing them in thier lovely GW acrylic coffins!

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Bobaluga wrote:

It was a great listen, welcome to the site and cant wait to see the images! :D

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 am

Bobaluga, welcome! Good to see you posting.

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Taffius wrote:
edd_jedi wrote:

Wise words edd! :D

Your not alone Taff. I’m just looking forward to the whole occasion. And a few souvenirs :?
You may start your landing!

My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

Bobaluga
New User
New User

Postby Bobaluga » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:12 am

Taffius wrote:
Bobaluga wrote:

It was a great listen, welcome to the site and cant wait to see the images! :D

Check em out!!!
Attachments
04D11948-CF2F-4960-89F3-223117F7F355.jpeg
04D11948-CF2F-4960-89F3-223117F7F355.jpeg (249.4 KiB) Viewed 89 times
EC534AD9-4FD4-4E98-B0D0-7131F1018D14.jpeg
EC534AD9-4FD4-4E98-B0D0-7131F1018D14.jpeg (251.06 KiB) Viewed 89 times
F38131E5-1D8F-4FC2-A0ED-B34DF31B1771.jpeg
F38131E5-1D8F-4FC2-A0ED-B34DF31B1771.jpeg (259.99 KiB) Viewed 89 times

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:33 am

That is a wonderful set :)

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:50 am

Fabulous! 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am

Amazing, very jealous

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Many thanks for showing these to us.
They are fantastic and you should be very proud.
Congratulations.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”