Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 45 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 45 LAUNCHED

Postby Richard_H » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:24 am

Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 am

Thanks Rich! Very cool, not heard of that before. I'm guessing there are no known examples then which is a shame, would be interesting to see it.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Finally got round to listening to this one, interesting as ever and Rich has definitely inspired me to go to Hoth 2019. I was surprised that only one of the other lads wanted to see all the locations though, what a waste!

Coincidentally I got Alan Tomkins book Stars and Wars for Christmas, it’s a good read once you get past the name dropping. Each chapter is about one of the films he worked on, he doesn’t say that much about ESB so would have loved to have heard his talk. The book is well worth a read.

Minor grips are about the sound, Rich’s last interview about the hotel scenes was just wind - understandable but not great listening.

I think Edd has mentioned the closing music being ear drum bursting before, but it really is much louder than the rest of the show - it was bad enough in the car but from past experience it’s a killer in headphones.

The Two pack bit was odd sound too, but the appearance of Jez made up for that - no idea he was making a special appearance :lol:

Despite the gripes my 4 hr drive up north just flew by - cheers lads
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 pm

spoons wrote:Rich’s last interview about the hotel scenes was just wind - understandable but not great listening.

Rich I highly recommend you guys check out this piece of software:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/bun ... suite.html

You can use it to remove wind, reverb, feedback etc

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Cheers Edd,

Some of those Hoth interviews were a bit rushed as we had to change our plans. Hopefully sound issues will improve. We've lowered the audio sound again on the ending. Anyone aware of any other sound issues which are annoying? (I don't mean Jez)
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Taffius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Taffius » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi team TVR. Whens the next podcast as I am running out episodes soon! :D
Taff

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Taffius wrote:Hi team TVR. Whens the next podcast as I am running out episodes soon! :D
Taff

Sitting recording at this very moment - Simon boring the hell out of me at this time hence why I'm on forum
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Taffius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Taffius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 am

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Taffius wrote:Hi team TVR. Whens the next podcast as I am running out episodes soon! :D
Taff

Sitting recording at this very moment - Simon boring the hell out of me at this time hence why I'm on forum

Have you ever considered doing them weekly! :lol: :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 am

Very good episode - thank you guys!

One small segment I particularly liked was the guy who talked through his story of setting a six year goal to collect the run of 12 Backs. He spoke with such integrity and conviction about trying to achieve this relatively humble goal, it was quite inspirational actually.

When it came to the discussion of the Ice Planet Hoth playset and all of you were saying that there were no variants, I was thinking oh dear, they don't know about the big difference on the Canadian version of not having side guns on the AT-ATs.... and then good old Ron Salvatore stepped in to bring the knowledge! (have to say, the new 'Rebel Alliance' experts are a really good addition to the podcast, and provide details and snippets you wont hear anywhere else).

It still surprises me in collecting that a tiny - and frankly pretty uninteresting - variant of a red bar R2 (one little box on a sticker is infilled red), gets so much attention... and yet some pretty big and significant changes, such as we see on the Ice Planet Hoth, are only known about by a handful of collectors! It's good that your podcast goes into detail and hopefully spreads more knowledge to address this. That said - I hope Brian Angel does find his Trilogo Red Bar R2 one day.

Great listen, even Richard's dodgy sound in Norway!

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:26 am

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:One small segment I particularly liked was the guy who talked through his story of setting a six year goal to collect the run of 12 Backs. He spoke with such integrity and conviction about trying to achieve this relatively humble goal, it was quite inspirational actually.

Yes I really enjoyed that too, reminded me of my early collecting days as a teenager when it would take me weeks to save up for each MOC. Makes a change from all the millionaires on Facebook boasting about their daily AFA 85 purchases

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am

Edd, yes for sure. Here is a humble guy that is selling other pieces, using birthdays, going without, to put together enough to add a couple of precious $300-$400 12 backs to his collection each year.

Then today I heard some one blew $30,000 on a single Leia AFA95 MOC at Hakes Auction.

I know which is 'meant' to impress me more, but I also know which one actually does.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:41 am

Yes I also saw somebody justifying spending nearly 40k on a Rocket Fett because the Hake's one sold for 85k, LOL. That's a different collecting galaxy to my one.

Taffius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Taffius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 pm

edd_jedi wrote:Yes I also saw somebody justifying spending nearly 40k on a Rocket Fett because the Hake's one sold for 85k, LOL. That's a different collecting galaxy to my one.

And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :o :shock:

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Taffius wrote:And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :o :shock:

Farthest From is great for collectors of all budgets, I've been before without buying anything just to catch up with everyone :)

Taffius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Taffius » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:25 pm

edd_jedi wrote:
Taffius wrote:And mine is below yours! :lol: My shoe string budget at the moment might not even make Furthest From worth the travel! :o :shock:

Farthest From is great for collectors of all budgets, I've been before without buying anything just to catch up with everyone :)

Wise words edd! :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”