Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 9, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 9, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Die Cast Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder:

sp.jpeg

Please share some pictures of your Die Cast Rebel Armoured Snowspeeder in this thread :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 9, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:10 pm

If you keep rolling out all the diecast and micro machines now spoons will have nothing to contribute in the second half of Star Wars Toys of the Week :lol:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:If you keep rolling out all the diecast and micro machines now spoons will have nothing to contribute in the second half of Star Wars Toys of the Week :lol:

Oh I did not know andy only collect diecast and micro machines :lol:

I am trying to keep some of the favorites to later you know darth vader, yoda, farmer luke etc. etc. Not all was happy when I choose power droid in the beginning :lol:

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:If you keep rolling out all the diecast and micro machines now spoons will have nothing to contribute in the second half of Star Wars Toys of the Week :lol:

Ha ha - thats very true

Not much to add to this one, had the loose kenner a long time and need an upgrade, a Kenner MOC and the loose again in a recent snowy pic

Apart from factory variations there are only two carded versions of this. Anyone have a Canadian issue?

Snowspeeder.jpg

SS1.jpg

29_12_17_38.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:37 pm

spoons wrote:

Ha ha - thats very true

Not much to add to this one, had the loose kenner a long time and need an upgrade, a Kenner MOC and the loose again in a recent snowy pic

Apart from factory variations there are only two carded versions of this. Anyone have a Canadian issue?

Snowspeeder.jpg

SS1.jpg

29_12_17_38.jpg

Great collection of snow speeders 8) They look awesome, I will try to slow down on the diecast and micro machines andy so you can still add some great pictures to star wars of the week for a long long time :wink:

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:58 pm

appreciate that Lars, whats wrong with some good old fashioned loose figures :mrgreen:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 am

spoons wrote:appreciate that Lars, whats wrong with some good old fashioned loose figures :mrgreen:

Andy do you have a picture of your snowspeeder moc from the backside ? I would love to see how it looks on the backside 8)

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:17 pm

no problem Lars

Die Cast Snowspeeder back_zps2pmcbz6r.jpg

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 pm

spoons wrote:no problem Lars

Die Cast Snowspeeder back_zps2pmcbz6r.jpg

Outstanding, it looks awesome. I did not know there was other toy items like the action figures and blasters on the backside, very cool 8) I thought there was only die cast on the backside.

I have been thinking about adding the blasters, rifles and sabers for star wars of the week but I do not know how much there is. I can see some on the back of your moc. Do you know what there is ? :?

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:50 pm

the back of the die cast cards advertise the sabers and blasters the whole way through - its basically the two blasters and the saber on these card backs and the biker scout pistol, but loads of box variations. I'm no expert on the weapons though so there might be something i've forgotten.

SW12.jpg
SW21.jpg
ESB31.jpg
ESB11C.jpg

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:25 am

spoons wrote:the back of the die cast cards advertise the sabers and blasters the whole way through - its basically the two blasters and the saber on these card backs and the biker scout pistol, but loads of box variations. I'm no expert on the weapons though so there might be something i've forgotten.

SW12.jpgSW21.jpgESB31.jpgESB11C.jpg

Thanks I will add them to the star wars of the Week thread :wink:

Jedijut
New User
New User

Postby Jedijut » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 am

Think I’ve missed the transport on this one but I’ll still add some.

Snowspeeder is one of my favorite ships in the line and have fond memories of this toy as a kid, always in my pocket!!

Added a picture of a early mock up of the Snowspeeder that has different artwork from the production examples. Also note the hand cut and applied bubble to the card with a hand painted first shot Snowspeeder.

Macau Carded variant and the loose Macau variant that differs from the Hong Kong examples although I have found a Hong Kong version that matches the Macau loose Snowspeeder so I’m not 100% sure if they shipped that mold to the Macau factory at the end of the line.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 am

Jedijut wrote:Think I’ve missed the transport on this one but I’ll still add some.

Snowspeeder is one of my favorite ships in the line and have fond memories of this toy as a kid, always in my pocket!!

Added a picture of a early mock up of the Snowspeeder that has different artwork from the production examples. Also note the hand cut and applied bubble to the card with a hand painted first shot Snowspeeder.

Macau Carded variant and the loose Macau variant that differs from the Hong Kong examples although I have found a Hong Kong version that matches the Macau loose Snowspeeder so I’m not 100% sure if they shipped that mold to the Macau factory at the end of the line.

Great snowspeeder collection you have :D I did not know there were a Hong Kong and a Macau snowspeeder, very cool 8)

Jedijut
New User
New User

Postby Jedijut » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:52 am

Great snowspeeder collection you have :D I did not know there were a Hong Kong and a Macau snowspeeder, very cool 8)[/quote]

Cheers, these are sometimes hard to spot but hopefully I’ll have some good quality pictures and descriptions to add on all the Die Cast ships.
Something I found in the past week is the Australian Kellogg’s 1983 (late 83) cereal promotion. Has a prize of Die Cast Snowspeeders - 500 in total. 1983 was a long time after the Die Cast line was canned. The made in Macau Snowspeeders were made late in the line and I’ve found the majority of examples in Australia. Not sure if this has anything to do with 500 overstock used in this promotion.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Cool pictures of that Kellogg’s box, I don't think I have ever seen pictures of vintage star wars on Kellogg’s :shock: 8)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”