Set loose from an AFA tomb

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I personally find grading ridiculous. Outside of a few very high end, rare items that it could be argued that grading/authentication is a worthwhile pursuit, it seems like a pointless, arbitrary opinion forcing an unnecessary price hike. Not to mention how many MOCs are no longer 'on card' due to the lack of foresight in the carcass design allowing the bubble to crack or break free entirely. :roll:

Anyway, this has been discussed numerous times, so not wishing to cover old ground. But when you pick a graded figure at a price lower than the average for an ungraded version, well...I say bust them free! :D

DSCF9636.jpg

DSCF9637-2.jpg

DSCF9637-3.jpg

More over, the grading on this one just shows how inaccurate some of this grading can be. The figure was given a 90...yet he has a clear blemish on his chin! :roll: Perhaps I should send it back in and demand a U90 grade and see what they say. :lol: (Kidding! U graders will burn in hell!)

DSCF9638.jpg

That'll **** AFA's population database. Viva la revolution! :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't really mind grading, although each to their own. The one thing that is annoying about grading for me is the population report on the toygrader website has not been updated for years. If it was updated regularly and taken seriously by all collectors it would be a start to getting a ruff idea how many examples exist and surely that is a positive thing. Of course a separate population report would need to be sorted for ungraded items as well, pretty impossible task.

That's a lovely Luke Jedi you have by the way. 8)

Taffius

Sith Lord
Breathe you beauty! :lol:

Not being very experienced and thankfully gleaning advice I really thought grading was the assurance of a standard and originality three months ago.

Oh how glad I am to listen and learn! Go Luke. Go like the wind (albeit on a card and in a bubble). :lol:

olisuds

Sith Lord
I don't mind grading myself. I like the display aspect of it when they get it right but don't care much for the actual grades and pop reports. I'd settle for a lower grade if the bubble was clear and no price sticker.

Funnily enough I actually prefer my pre production stuff ungraded and have pretty much bust all of it out of the cases over the years.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jared007 said:
Well done, I don't have a problem with doing this at all. Great item!
And nor do GW Acrylic, as it's another sale for them! :lol:

MarkG

Jedi Master
Nice one... done the same to a couple of mine a few months back..

They do feel much better in a GW case.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
jared007 said:

Ha! Exactly, Nick. Which reminds me, i need to place my order before Farthest From.

Chris

tigerham

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Mini99 said:
jared007 said:

Ha! Exactly, Nick. Which reminds me, i need to place my order before Farthest From.

Chris

Nice work Chris, you have my vote. I recently set a couple free from UKG and AFA. Let them breathe! :)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
tigerham said:
TK-7785 said:
Mini99 said:

Chris

Nice work Chris, you have my vote. I recently set a couple free from UKG and AFA. Let them breathe! :)

They're like Pringles! Once you pop... :lol:

jared007

Padawan
GW Acrylic cases and Star Wars Tracker labels - a match made in heaven and a serious alternative to grading! :)

combined.jpg

Lindo

Sith Lord
jared007 said:
GW Acrylic cases and Star Wars Tracker labels - a match made in heaven and a serious alternative to grading! :)

combined.jpg
The point of grading is totally different to putting a label in an acrylic case, all that label says is potf yoda, grading authenticates from an independent experienced body, understand people don't like grading but there is some piece of mind for inexperienced collectors, personally I can tell what an item is so don't get the point of that star wars tracker label

Merrion

Padawan
Lindo said:
jared007 said:

combined.jpg
The point of grading is totally different to putting a label in an acrylic case, all that label says is potf yoda, grading authenticates from an independent experienced body, understand people don't like grading but there is some piece of mind for inexperienced collectors, personally I can tell what an item is so don't get the point of that star wars tracker label

Oh havent u heard.... apparentedly its cool and hip to be anti grading...... :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
Merrion said:
Lindo said:
jared007 said:

combined.jpg

Oh havent u heard.... apparentedly its cool and hip to be anti grading...... :roll:

:lol: that made me laugh

I've thought the same thing recently. I'm not a huge fan of grading but I've got some graded and some not. Either way I would never crack my graded out for the sake of it and then put them in another acrylic case - that really does seem nuts

UKG and GW Acrylic are both laughing all the way to the bank

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom