Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7875
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby spoons » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:59 pm

theforceuk wrote:
spoons wrote:How have you ended up with that sticker there? Great to see chuildhood stuff in any case 8)
spoons wrote:
I new someone would ask that, I moved a lot to where the figure was when I was a kid, really not sure why. I think I even swapped some price tags around, don't ask why. :)


neat job :lol:
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Here are my loose pair, one of each thigh circle / no circle variant:

8D8 - 01.jpg
8D8 - 01.jpg (204.29 KiB) Viewed 92 times

In case anyone is unfamiliar with the variant (there may be a couple of you out there somewhere!), the arrows should clue you in! :-)

8D8 - 02.jpg
8D8 - 02.jpg (238.46 KiB) Viewed 92 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10217
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:17 am

theforceuk wrote:Here’s a 79 back card I picked up in Plymouth a couple years ago, which I thought was a cool find and my childhood Trilogo card with childhood figure. Note the Knees price sticker. :)


Awesome childhood tri-logo and a cool 79 back and a figure 8) Now I wish I had all my childhood cardbacks :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10217
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 am

spoons wrote:
theforceuk wrote:Here’s a 79 back card I picked up in Plymouth a couple years ago, which I thought was a cool find and my childhood Trilogo card with childhood figure. Note the Knees price sticker. :)


How have you ended up with that sticker there? Great to see chuildhood stuff in any case 8)

Pomse2001 wrote:
spoons wrote:I love 8D8 and have been on the look out for a tri or clear bubble Kenner for a long time.

I used to own these but sold to put funds elsewhere. I’m too tight to pay 2018 prices to replace them :lol:

B93E053E-A2C8-447D-A008-E98CF8E7F7E7.jpeg9EFC27BF-21D4-4BCD-889D-63AB6C4C378B.jpeg


wow andy they are beautiful this 2 moc. Sorry to read that you had to sell this 2 beautiful moc :( Sorry to read you are to tight to pay 2018 prices, I would say 2018 prices is fucking crazy most of the time :(


They used to be £30 all day long, now they are £100 odd it doens't seem right although thats probably cheap :lol:


I agree it does not seem right, a lot of prices does not seem right. Damn I miss the good old prices 10 years ago :(

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10217
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Here’s my current pair


Nice pair are they variants ? :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10217
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:22 am

Snaketibe wrote:Here are my loose pair, one of each thigh circle / no circle variant:

8D8 - 01.jpg
In case anyone is unfamiliar with the variant (there may be a couple of you out there somewhere!), the arrows should clue you in! :-)

8D8 - 02.jpg


They look great, cool variants. There is so many variants for 8D8, thanks for the pictures 8)

User avatar
Oracle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Oracle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Here are my childhood 8D8s, not my favourite figure but I somehow ended up with two.
One has circles both legs and one without a circle left leg only; that non-circle leg tends to bend inwards.
Never taken the legs off and not about to try.

I only have the cardback (79back), bubble and inner tray for one, so I guess the other was from a boot sale or a swap.
The bubble is still well attached at the top edge, but like most of my Kenner bubbles it has yellowed a bit.
The inner tray is near mint, slight discolouration but no cracks - it has 018 or it could be 01B embossed in it - no clue why.

Anyone know why the card image and actual figures are mirror images?
Attachments
8D8_79.jpg
8D8_79.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 87 times

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7875
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby spoons » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Oracle wrote:Here are my childhood 8D8s, not my favourite figure but I somehow ended up with two.
One has circles both legs and one without a circle left leg only; that non-circle leg tends to bend inwards.
Never taken the legs off and not about to try.

I only have the cardback (79back), bubble and inner tray for one, so I guess the other was from a boot sale or a swap.
The bubble is still well attached at the top edge, but like most of my Kenner bubbles it has yellowed a bit.
The inner tray is near mint, slight discolouration but no cracks - it has 018 or it could be 01B embossed in it - no clue why.

Anyone know why the card image and actual figures are mirror images?


love the photo!

018 will be the part number for the tray.

and never noticed that the figure was flipped. Maybe that was the best photo of 8D8 and they had to flip it to make it work with the card?
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Here are my loose pair, one of each thigh circle / no circle variant:

8D8 - 01.jpg
In case anyone is unfamiliar with the variant (there may be a couple of you out there somewhere!), the arrows should clue you in! :-)

8D8 - 02.jpg


They look great, cool variants. There is so many variants for 8D8, thanks for the pictures 8)

Thanks. Just out of interest, what other 8D8 variants are there other than these two? I'd be very interested to learn about any others which are new to me :-)

User avatar
Oracle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Oracle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Apart from combinations of circle/no circle, is it possible some were shipped with legs on backwards? Any known moc like that?

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Here’s my current pair


Nice pair are they variants ? :D


They’re both No Coo. :lol: One has a circle on both hips, one a circle on the right hip only.

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Thanks. Just out of interest, what other 8D8 variants are there other than these two? I'd be very interested to learn about any others which are new to me :-)


As far as I am aware there are just the 4 main variants, as 8D8 only came with a No Coo. Circle on both, no circles, circle on left hip, circle on right hip. Of course there is a Lili Ledy version with hard torso and that may come with the same amount of additional variants?

http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/8d8.php

Regarding MOCs Joe has / had a focus which can be seen here if you have the photobucket fix

viewtopic.php?t=5538

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:55 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Thanks. Just out of interest, what other 8D8 variants are there other than these two? I'd be very interested to learn about any others which are new to me :-)


As far as I am aware there are just the 4 main variants, as 8D8 only came with a No Coo. Circle on both, no circles, circle on left hip, circle on right hip. Of course there is a Lili Ledy version with hard torso and that may come with the same amount of additional variants?

http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/8d8.php

Regarding MOCs Joe has / had a focus which can be seen here if you have the photobucket fix

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5538

Thank you. I am interested in collecting visually different variants, so it's nice to know I seem to have 8D8 covered! The two variants with one hip having a circle and the other not, I am allowing myself to skip. Since 8D8's legs can be removed they are effectively interchangeable, and therefore I could never be sure if the legs on a figure with mismatched legs were original to that figure's torso. I'm not about to open a carded one, so I'll be happy with the 2 figures I have :-)

Also, that's a great focus from Joe!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10217
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 am

Oracle wrote:Here are my childhood 8D8s, not my favourite figure but I somehow ended up with two.
One has circles both legs and one without a circle left leg only; that non-circle leg tends to bend inwards.
Never taken the legs off and not about to try.

I only have the cardback (79back), bubble and inner tray for one, so I guess the other was from a boot sale or a swap.
The bubble is still well attached at the top edge, but like most of my Kenner bubbles it has yellowed a bit.
The inner tray is near mint, slight discolouration but no cracks - it has 018 or it could be 01B embossed in it - no clue why.

Anyone know why the card image and actual figures are mirror images?


Some nice childhood 8D8 and also a great cardback with bubble from your childhood. Cool that you still have this items from you childhood 8)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 10217
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 12, 2018, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:44 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Here are my loose pair, one of each thigh circle / no circle variant:

8D8 - 01.jpg
In case anyone is unfamiliar with the variant (there may be a couple of you out there somewhere!), the arrows should clue you in! :-)

8D8 - 02.jpg


They look great, cool variants. There is so many variants for 8D8, thanks for the pictures 8)

Thanks. Just out of interest, what other 8D8 variants are there other than these two? I'd be very interested to learn about any others which are new to me :-)


Well if you will go down the dark way, then there is some different no coo for 8D8 and then there is the more easy one the Lili Ledy 8D8 :wink:
You can also find 8D8 with circle on both legs and only on one leg between all the different no coo. Lili Ledy was also made with circles and no circles :wink:


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: paulcalf, Stormtrooper88 and 5 guests