Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:39 pm

Here’s mine to add to the “sleuth” of Ewok's
90DBE977-A218-4063-9696-FDA8F8B9C8D3.jpeg

It does seems that most of these cards that you see are in good condition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:19 pm

Mini99 wrote:Here’s mine to add to the “sleuth” of Ewok's
90DBE977-A218-4063-9696-FDA8F8B9C8D3.jpeg
It does seems that most of these cards that you see are in good condition.

That's a lovely condition card there without much yellowing on the bubble either :-)

Yes, there are a lot of good condition Rombas out there, and I think that's probably because it's also one of the commonest POTF MOCs to be had. There's certainly a hell of a lot more of them than there are Luke Stormtroopers and Pop-Up R2-D2s! :lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:08 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Just this little fella for me


thanks for sharing the picture, a nice mint romba 8)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:I’ve never noticed that before, thanks for pointing that out.


Pomse2001 wrote:What the fuck :shock: I have also never noticed that before :oops:


I know, it's one of those really weird ones! It's something you think you should spot immediately, but loads of people don't ;-)

And to round out Kenner's incompetence, the Tri-Logo Paploo card shows Romba!

Kenner Incompetence 01.jpg


looks like I learned something new again today :lol: I only thought it was 4lom and zuckuss that there was an error with :shock: :lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Hooch wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Nice collection! My own POTF Romba used to look just like these (I'm guessing this is an old photo?) with a perfectly crystal clear bubble. I even have a photograph of it before it went into storage, out of sunlight in a dry, cool environment. Years later when I removed it to display it, BANG! Badly browned / yellowed blister, just like almost every other POTF card ;-). I don't know what kind of cheap and nasty plastic Kenner were using for those things, but the best I can say about it is that they were pretty consistent with its usage across the POTF range! :lol:

That pic was taken late 2016. I was lucky enough to pick up a almost full case of them, all with clear bubbles


sounds like a fantastic lot of moc that you picked up in 2016 8)

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Here’s mine to add to the “sleuth” of Ewok's
90DBE977-A218-4063-9696-FDA8F8B9C8D3.jpeg
It does seems that most of these cards that you see are in good condition.

That's a lovely condition card there without much yellowing on the bubble either :-)

Thanks, yes this one does appear to have survived the “yellow bubble plague” reasonably well.

Lars: Thanks for this Toy of the Week idea, I think that I have learnt something new out of every one.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:17 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Here’s mine to add to the “sleuth” of Ewok's
90DBE977-A218-4063-9696-FDA8F8B9C8D3.jpeg
It does seems that most of these cards that you see are in good condition.

That's a lovely condition card there without much yellowing on the bubble either :-)

Thanks, yes this one does appear to have survived the “yellow bubble plague” reasonably well.

Lars: Thanks for this Toy of the Week idea, I think that I have learnt something new out of every one.


I am glad you like it and that you can learn something from it :wink:


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jayums, TricksterB and 14 guests