Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9685
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Romba:

Romba.jpg


I thought why not choose Romba today, since we lost the actor Debbie Lee Carrington that played Romba in Return of The Jedi 7 days ago. Debbie Lee Carrington RIP. I never had Romba when I was a child but I took revenge later and now I have a little Romba army :D But first I have to find them so I will add some pictures later, sorry about that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Rest in peace, Debbie Lee :cry:

Here are my 3 badly spelled Latin dance figures:

Meringue 01.jpg

Mumbo 02.jpg

Sulsa 03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9685
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Rest in peace, Debbie Lee :cry:

Here are my 3 badly spelled Latin dance figures:


Fantastic Romba collection, 2 moc and a mint loose figure 8)

Do you have a favorite of this 2 moc ? :D

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:56 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Rest in peace, Debbie Lee :cry:

Here are my 3 badly spelled Latin dance figures:


Fantastic Romba collection, 2 moc and a mint loose figure 8)

Do you have a favorite of this 2 moc ? :D

I prefer POTF cards over Tri-Logos anyway, but especially in this case as Romba's POTF card actually shows a picture of Romba, unlike the Tri-Logo card which for some strange reason shows Paploo instead ;-)

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 am

I’ve never noticed that before, thanks for pointing that out.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9685
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Rest in peace, Debbie Lee :cry:

Here are my 3 badly spelled Latin dance figures:


Fantastic Romba collection, 2 moc and a mint loose figure 8)

Do you have a favorite of this 2 moc ? :D

I prefer POTF cards over Tri-Logos anyway, but especially in this case as Romba's POTF card actually shows a picture of Romba, unlike the Tri-Logo card which for some strange reason shows Paploo instead ;-)


What the fuck :shock: I have also never noticed that before :oops:

User avatar
Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:26 am
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Hooch » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:31 am

Time to share a bear or two

My Trilogo with a few extras
Image

Trilogo Romba/Paploo slide
Image

and a little while ago when I had a few spare laying about
Image
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)


My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9685
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Hooch wrote:Time to share a bear or two

My Trilogo with a few extras

Trilogo Romba/Paploo slide

and a little while ago when I had a few spare laying about]


Wow nice Romba collection 8) I love that slide and all those moc :shock: I also like the other items and how you display them :D

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Just this little fella for me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:20 pm

Mini99 wrote:I’ve never noticed that before, thanks for pointing that out.


Pomse2001 wrote:What the fuck :shock: I have also never noticed that before :oops:


I know, it's one of those really weird ones! It's something you think you should spot immediately, but loads of people don't ;-)

And to round out Kenner's incompetence, the Tri-Logo Paploo card shows Romba!

Kenner Incompetence 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Snaketibe on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Hooch wrote:Time to share a bear or two

and a little while ago when I had a few spare laying about
Image

Nice collection! My own POTF Romba used to look just like these (I'm guessing this is an old photo?) with a perfectly crystal clear bubble. I even have a photograph of it before it went into storage, out of sunlight in a dry, cool environment. Years later when I removed it to display it, BANG! Badly browned / yellowed blister, just like almost every other POTF card ;-). I don't know what kind of cheap and nasty plastic Kenner were using for those things, but the best I can say about it is that they were pretty consistent with its usage across the POTF range! :lol:

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

Hooch wrote:Time to share a bear or two

My Trilogo with a few extras
Image

Trilogo Romba/Paploo slide
Image

and a little while ago when I had a few spare laying about
Image

A few...I would hate to see a lot!!!!
Incredible set of Romdas

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4783
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby theforceuk » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:30 pm

That’s a great spot the Romba/Paploo spot!

Here’s my MOC. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:26 am
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Hooch » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Nice collection! My own POTF Romba used to look just like these (I'm guessing this is an old photo?) with a perfectly crystal clear bubble. I even have a photograph of it before it went into storage, out of sunlight in a dry, cool environment. Years later when I removed it to display it, BANG! Badly browned / yellowed blister, just like almost every other POTF card ;-). I don't know what kind of cheap and nasty plastic Kenner were using for those things, but the best I can say about it is that they were pretty consistent with its usage across the POTF range! :lol:

That pic was taken late 2016. I was lucky enough to pick up a almost full case of them, all with clear bubbles
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)


My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

User avatar
Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 am
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 13, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Taffius » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 pm

Loving the bears, images and info. Many thanks.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests