MOC Autographed or noit?

subzero

Sith Lord
A strong no from me, I see it as great for the collector who wants that done, but imo it still ruins the card, plus i'm guessing it would be very difficult to prove it's authentic unless there's a COA with it.

I think signing it ruins that MOC for other collectors who may want it in future.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Personally, I would not get a moc autographed or think its value is higher than a non-autographed version.

I also believe some would find it de-values the moc itself like a child whose has ticked the card back or other writing.

I can see why some think it is a good idea but not for me sorry.

yoda

Sith Lord
I wouldn't either myself I feel it ruins the moc. I like having a carded figure the way it left the factory untampered with. If I was into autographs I would get a picture signed.

lejackal

Grand Master
I wouldn't get one signed but I would buy a signed one (although I wouldn't pay a premium for the signature)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I wouldn't get aMOC signed, as Yoda said, I like mine as they left the factory.
I personally wouldn't buy a signed card either, I think that it devalues the item, and oh, yes, it looks ****... :lol:
If you want something signed get it on a photo.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
No!... No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

0DCF68F9-B81F-4569-83A3-527B36FF6E21.jpeg

subzero

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
No!... No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

0DCF68F9-B81F-4569-83A3-527B36FF6E21.jpeg

:lol:

Don get's the final word here, don't mess with Don! :shock:

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Definitely a no. I don't even really associate the actors with the figures. Especially pointless with non human characters where you can't even see their faces. Could literally be anyone in that Klaatu outfit

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
No def not on vintage

My son bought a repro fett card and bubble ( :shock: few years ago) but he put a vintage fett in it for the sole purpose of getting JB to sight it...does look pretty cool. The back of the card clearly states reproduction as well.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Definately no, also I would not buy a signed vintage MOC.
For modern pieces it might be a nice addition.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Of course not. Why would I want to buy or own a deliberately defaced card?

... Ooh, but my Darth Vader MOC is signed by Dave Prowse!

Well firstly, so what? But secondly, if that floats your boat then technically that's fair enough, as anyone is entitled to do whatever they like to their own property, providing it's legal. Just don't expect the rest of us to be any more accepting or pleased about it than we would be if you'd opened the damn thing.

I really don't understand the desire to get vintage MOCs signed by anyone. Would you be quite so pleased if your Darth Vader was signed by Chris Packham? Or would you regard that as permanently vandalising a diminishing finite global stock of vintage MOCs? If so, how is it any different if Dave 'I'll sign anything for £20' Prowse has scribbled on it? :roll:

jt1969

Padawan
Snaketibe said:

Well firstly, so what? But secondly, if that floats your boat then technically that's fair enough, as anyone is entitled to do whatever they like to their own property, providing it's legal. Just don't expect the rest of us to be any more accepting or pleased about it than we would be if you'd opened the damn thing.

I really don't understand the desire to get vintage MOCs signed by anyone. Would you be quite so pleased if your Darth Vader was signed by Chris Packham? Or would you regard that as permanently vandalising a diminishing finite global stock of vintage MOCs? If so, how is it any different if Dave 'I'll sign anything for £20' Prowse has scribbled on it? :roll:

It was a simple question...... Im not "EXPECTING" you or anyone else to do anything. Chill out........

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
jt1969 said:
Snaketibe said:

It was a simple question...... Im not "EXPECTING" you or anyone else to do anything. Chill out........
You seem to think I am taking issue with you and or the question. I am of course not doing anything of the sort. You asked the Forum a question, I gave my personal answer, which on this occasion happens to be one I feel strongly about, since for me the answer seems very obvious indeed. However, I speak only for myself. Others will have their own opinions and answers which may not necessarily be the same as mine. They're entitled to theirs, just as you are to yours, and I am absolutely fine with that. No chilling required ;-)

yoda

Sith Lord
What is the reason for asking the question? Are you trying to find out if it will increase in value so you can sell it at a profit? Or is it for your own display?
Reading the replies I don't believe it's going to increase in value very much but only end up ruining the card on another moc. If it's for your own display then I think only you can answer the question on what you prefer yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom