Header image

MOC Autographed or noit?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Plastikheld
Regular
Regular

Re: MOC Autographed or noit?

Postby Plastikheld » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Definately no, also I would not buy a signed vintage MOC.
For modern pieces it might be a nice addition.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Of course not. Why would I want to buy or own a deliberately defaced card?

... Ooh, but my Darth Vader MOC is signed by Dave Prowse!

Well firstly, so what? But secondly, if that floats your boat then technically that's fair enough, as anyone is entitled to do whatever they like to their own property, providing it's legal. Just don't expect the rest of us to be any more accepting or pleased about it than we would be if you'd opened the damn thing.

I really don't understand the desire to get vintage MOCs signed by anyone. Would you be quite so pleased if your Darth Vader was signed by Chris Packham? Or would you regard that as permanently vandalising a diminishing finite global stock of vintage MOCs? If so, how is it any different if Dave 'I'll sign anything for £20' Prowse has scribbled on it? :roll:

jt1969
New User
New User

Postby jt1969 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Of course not. Why would I want to buy or own a deliberately defaced card?

Well firstly, so what? But secondly, if that floats your boat then technically that's fair enough, as anyone is entitled to do whatever they like to their own property, providing it's legal. Just don't expect the rest of us to be any more accepting or pleased about it than we would be if you'd opened the damn thing.

I really don't understand the desire to get vintage MOCs signed by anyone. Would you be quite so pleased if your Darth Vader was signed by Chris Packham? Or would you regard that as permanently vandalising a diminishing finite global stock of vintage MOCs? If so, how is it any different if Dave 'I'll sign anything for £20' Prowse has scribbled on it? :roll:

It was a simple question...... Im not "EXPECTING" you or anyone else to do anything. Chill out........

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:06 pm

jt1969 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Of course not. Why would I want to buy or own a deliberately defaced card?

It was a simple question...... Im not "EXPECTING" you or anyone else to do anything. Chill out........

You seem to think I am taking issue with you and or the question. I am of course not doing anything of the sort. You asked the Forum a question, I gave my personal answer, which on this occasion happens to be one I feel strongly about, since for me the answer seems very obvious indeed. However, I speak only for myself. Others will have their own opinions and answers which may not necessarily be the same as mine. They're entitled to theirs, just as you are to yours, and I am absolutely fine with that. No chilling required ;-)

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm

What is the reason for asking the question? Are you trying to find out if it will increase in value so you can sell it at a profit? Or is it for your own display?
Reading the replies I don't believe it's going to increase in value very much but only end up ruining the card on another moc. If it's for your own display then I think only you can answer the question on what you prefer yourself.
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

jt1969
New User
New User

Postby jt1969 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:42 am

yoda wrote:What is the reason for asking the question? Are you trying to find out if it will increase in value so you can sell it at a profit? Or is it for your own display?
Reading the replies I don't believe it's going to increase in value very much but only end up ruining the card on another moc. If it's for your own display then I think only you can answer the question on what you prefer yourself.

Reason was just people thoughts about it. Was just thinking out loud :D

No I have no plans on buying anything to resell for profit. I dont need to do that :D

Its always good to get people opinion thats why Im here. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:05 pm

If you really want to get a moc autographed then you have two options.

1. Get a modern figure and get him to sign that.

2. Get a graded moc and let him sign the case.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”