Most Underrated Vehicle

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
So i'm wondering what's everyone's thought on the most underrated vintage vehicle is, I picked up a cloud car today in a lot I bought and I must say it's really good, i've owned a boxed one for ages but never really took it out to look at, the cloud car is pretty much 100% screen accurate and looks really good on display and also realistically displays 2 figures.

So what's your most underrated vehicle ?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I always liked the Rebel Transport Vehicle but most people see it as nothing more than a glorified collecting case. Hence you can still pick them up boxed for £30 today. But it's got hidden compartments and detachable gun turrets just like the Millennium Falcon... That and the Imperial Troop Transporter.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I know that it's not under appreciated nowadays, but back in the day the A Wing was very underrated.
I would really like to own a boxed example.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Possibly there's some childhood nostalgia influencing this choice, but for me I've always loved the Palitoy non-opening bonnet Land Speeder. It might not do an awful lot other than raise and lower its wheels, but I played with that thing an awful lot as a kid and I loved the fact that (to me at least!) it looked exactly like I remembered from the film :)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I know there's no great love for the mini rigs but I have always liked the int 4

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Ast-5.jpg

Got to be the AST-5

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Picked one up this weekend from a place in Scarborough along with a 77 C3PO and an 83 complete squid head

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Rebel Transport for me... fantastic toy! I've always found it odd how malaigned it is. OK, it can be seen as a carry case, but it's so much more. It's part vehicle and part playset in its own right. It has a trap door, two pilot seats, removable gun turrets... I used to love racking all my figures up in it as well as flying it around. The panels at the front and rear exploded off in spectacular style in my games!
Even the 'carry handle' is in the shape of the transport itself too.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Rebel Transport for me... fantastic toy! I've always found it odd how malaigned it is. OK, it can be seen as a carry case, but it's so much more. It's part vehicle and part playset in its own right. It has a trap door, two pilot seats, removable gun turrets... I used to love racking all my figures up in it as well as flying it around. The panels at the front and rear exploded off in spectacular style in my games!
Even the 'carry handle' is in the shape of the transport itself too.

Nice vehicle and practical too.

Russ :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Slave 1 or AT-ST for me, both overlooked as collectables but were brilliant toys for me. To be honest all the vehicles are overlooked these days for me, it's to figure or MOC focused. And I'm one of the worst for it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I loved the Snow Speeder as a kid, it was one of the more screen accurate vehicles and had room for two pilots like in the film. Hours of fun recreating the crushing scene :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Vehicle maintenance energiser! 8)

It's just so good it does so much. It can sit there, and it can ehhh sit there and ehhh it can do ehhhh...........nothing.
Nah, it's ****ing shite.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
Ast-5.jpg

Got to be the AST-5

I agree there is something special about that vehicle.

A funny story about the AST-5, 2 months ago a dad and his 4 years old son was visiting my home for buying some star wars. They were looking at a x-wing fighter. But then the son saw 2 AST-5 on my table. He grabbed both of them and wanted them more than any of the other vehicles I had :lol: one in each little hand :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Ruby2511 said:
Ast-5.jpg

Got to be the AST-5

I agree there is something special about that vehicle.

A funny story about the AST-5, 2 months ago a dad and his 4 years old son was visiting my home for buying some star wars. They were looking at a x-wing fighter. But then the son saw 2 AST-5 on my table. He grabbed both of them and wanted them more than any of the other vehicles I had :lol: one in each little hand :lol:

Brilliant :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Vehicle maintenance energiser! 8)

It's just so good it does so much. It can sit there, and it can ehhh sit there and ehhh it can do ehhhh...........nothing.
Nah, it's ****ing shite.

:lol: priceless :lol:

Russ :D

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Would have to agree it's the rebel transport or "banana ship" as I knew it as a kid it's a great all rounder

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom