Han solo variations

Supersaint

Hi
I'm selling my son's vintage star wars collection and as I am no expert I normally value the figures according to what they sell on eBay. What I can't understand is the fact that a Han Solo Hoth figure recently sold for £58 yet when I put an identical figure on sale for £30 there was no interest shown what so ever. So what I want to know from you experts is what makes the difference to the value. As far as I was concerned both figures were vintage eighties tri logo and wearing identical blue ski jackets any help would be appreciated
Supersaint

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
It's likely that it was either a PBP (Spanish) figure which are rarer and can command values of around that price, or a Molded legs variant which is also sought after. Typically Han Hoth sells for £12 - £18 depending on condition. It would be unusual for it to sell for £30 unless minty card fresh.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
If you post a link to the auction that sold for £58 and your one which didn't at £30, we may be able to give you a definitive answer. Jay (TheJabbaWookie) is right in that the £58 Han Hoth could well have been a more sought-after variant which at a casual glance appears the same as yours, but may well not be. Or it may just be that the seller of the £58 one was simply very lucky!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Was it this one (which sold for £56, but which with postage came to £58.99)?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PBP-Tri-logo-Han-Solo-Hoth-Pale-Face-Scar-COO-Vintage-Star-Wars-ESB-Figure-/222882382490

If so, it's exactly as Jay suggested; a rarer PBP variant :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
With all due respect it would be worth your while to put photos up in the valuation forum, as people here will be able to tell you if you have any rare variants. As you can see in this example it can make a massive difference to the price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom