Header image

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:51 am

Bespin Gantry:

bespin.jpg


I do not collect or know so much about Micro collection star wars stuff. So I hope you guys can help with this thread :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby spoons » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:07 pm

I can do this one Lars after struggling with the last few :)

I picked this up from Jordan Hembrough at Memorabilia at the NEC a few years back. All sealed and unused but the pop has been removed and unbeknownst to me the long weather vane piece had fallen out and was missing.

I did email Jordan at the time to see if it was kicking around somewhere but got no response, so have been on the look out for that piece ever since :(

Bespin Gantry 1.JPG
Bespin Gantry 10.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:42 pm

spoons wrote:I can do this one Lars after struggling with the last few :)

I picked this up from Jordan Hembrough at Memorabilia at the NEC a few years back. All sealed and unused but the pop has been removed and unbeknownst to me the long weather vane piece had fallen out and was missing.

I did email Jordan at the time to see if it was kicking around somewhere but got no response, so have been on the look out for that piece ever since :(

Bespin Gantry 1.JPGBespin Gantry 10.JPG


Wow that was fast :shock:

Hi Andy, that is a beautiful bespin gantry you have 8) I do not know Jordan Hembrough, but I am sorry to read about something was missing and that he never emailed you back about the missing part, sounds like he is a bad seller :evil:

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby spoons » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:36 pm

He’s Toy Hunter and Hollywood Heroes Lars, not a bad seller just very busy would be my guess
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby lejackal » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Here’s the one I had as part of my KayBee focus - shows how slowly they sold seeing as it ended up in KayBees discount bins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:12 pm

spoons wrote:He’s Toy Hunter and Hollywood Heroes Lars, not a bad seller just very busy would be my guess


ok, he just sounded bad since he have not contacted you. Are you not angry at him since you got something that is missing an item ? or did he just give you a refund and never contacted you ? I have never heard about him :oops:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm

lejackal wrote:Here’s the one I had as part of my KayBee focus - shows how slowly they sold seeing as it ended up in KayBees discount bins.


Beautiful box you had carl, sorry to read you do not have it anymore :(

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby spoons » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
spoons wrote:He’s Toy Hunter and Hollywood Heroes Lars, not a bad seller just very busy would be my guess


ok, he just sounded bad since he have not contacted you. Are you not angry at him since you got something that is missing an item ? or did he just give you a refund and never contacted you ? I have never heard about him :oops:


lesson is i should have checked the contents when I bought it - here he is

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-fil ... finds.html
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:09 pm

spoons wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
spoons wrote:He’s Toy Hunter and Hollywood Heroes Lars, not a bad seller just very busy would be my guess


ok, he just sounded bad since he have not contacted you. Are you not angry at him since you got something that is missing an item ? or did he just give you a refund and never contacted you ? I have never heard about him :oops:


lesson is i should have checked the contents when I bought it - here he is

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-fil ... finds.html


Yes sometimes we all have to get some lessons, I get a lot of them :lol: thanks for the link :D

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby apack7229 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:34 pm

I just picked this up yesterday and its complete. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1507
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:31 pm

apack7229 wrote:I just picked this up yesterday and its complete. :lol:

Some nice micro collection bits there. Especially the Bespin gantry, and what a novelty for you being complete. :lol:
Did these sets all join together to make a larger set?
Has that one got two “weather vane” bits?
Andy (spoons) is looking for one of those if it has (see 2nd post down).

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby spoons » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Good spot mini!

Gladly buy one of those weather vane baggies off you apack
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby apack7229 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Yeah it must have been miss packed with two. I had seen his post and thought it was ironic that I had two in mine.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 am

apack7229 wrote:I just picked this up yesterday and its complete. :lol:


Nice box with toys in bags 8) also great to see it is complete and that you have something that is complete :lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9171
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2018, Part 1/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am

spoons wrote:Good spot mini!

Gladly buy one of those weather vane baggies off you apack


Maybe it is your lucky day andy :wink: I hope you get one :D


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TricksterB and 14 guests