Header image

DT Ben and Vader sell for over $100,000

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: DT Ben and Vader sell for over $100,000

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:28 am

I also think people seem to have difficulty in attaching value to Star Wars collectibles you often here people referring to them as pieces of plastic. Is a car just a piece of metal or a stamp a piece of paper what something is made of has very little to do with its value. If someone spends 35 million on a Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic or 2 million on a Action Comics Volume 1 are they mad? Why can't people spend big on Star Wars without being ridiculed?
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

That’s very true. Fiona Bruce’s complete disdane for the screen used tie fighter helmet on antiques roadshow really hammers that point home.

My issue with spending 100k on collectibles is that sort of money could be used for a much better cause. It’s the same issue, allbeit on a different scale, to the Da Vinci painting that sold for $450M last year. If that money had been invested into a charity they could have made real differences to the world today.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:05 pm

I agree, that's one of many things wrong with spending $50k on any one item. Half the worlds wealth is owned by 1% of the worlds population...... :(
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”