Vintage v Modern Action Figures - Camp Lando

Leemcl

Jedi Master
16B1A6A4-B2C5-4A61-8860-7C2962C27FC4.png

How to turn an Action Star Icon into a 70's sitcom stereotype in one sculpt design. And is he sneezing or sniffing ?

How is it possible that so many modern figures are appalling?

The Vintage Line has its share of clunkers, but maybe 10% of figures were poor overall. Whereas the modern lines have 90% (or higher) shite v 10% (or less) decent figures.

A vintage Lando in the "Smugglers" outfit. What a cool figure that would have made v the Bespin only ESB Lando.

subzero

Sith Lord
I can't stand anything modern, some figures at first glance can make me think "hmm looks kinda alright", but that's only when the sculpt looks nice and it's a figure with a helmet or an alien/monster face, anything with a familiar human characters face looks awful. And whether I think it looks awful or even kinda alright as soon as I pick it up and feel and hear the quality of the plastic I just wanna puke.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
I would have to disagree , some modern figures look great in my opinion ! I really like the rouge one line so many great sculpts

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I would prefer they made the new toys in the vintage style, that would be cool :)

Crumm

Padawan
I think the quality of the modern stuff is quite poor as well, they feel really flimsy to say that you pay a fair bit just for one figure.

The vintage stuff in comparison are really well made and almost bullet-proof! My 6yr old son has all my beaters from when I was a kid and has not managed to break one yet, he got a modern figure a few months ago and the leg was off in two weeks!

Taffius

Sith Lord
I have grown to like the Rogue One figures too and putting a run together. Not had them out of their cards though but liked the film so much that the figures are growing.
Also, at £1.99 I think their good value. :lol:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Leemcl said:
16B1A6A4-B2C5-4A61-8860-7C2962C27FC4.png

A vintage Lando in the "Smugglers" outfit. What a cool figure that would have made v the Bespin only ESB Lando.

That's given me an awesome idea for a custom figure. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom