Header image

General Grumbling

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: General Grumbling

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Tue May 01, 2018 9:53 am

yoda wrote:
Wreck-It Ralph wrote:I am forever grumbling about the lack of MOC Palitoy Logo'd stuff to buy, it doesn't get me anywhere but sometimes I feel the need to moan about it.

I remember your posts about trying to complete your collection. Out of curiosity did you stop and sell up? Or are you still holding out? From what I remember you were going well. If you still have them it must be a great collection. I mean of all that you did manage to get in time you were at it.

I had a few wobbles last year and contemplated selling up firstly because I spent so much and was feeling guilty and secondly because my father was very ill. I decided not to sell as I realised some of the pieces I had would be irreplaceable and I didn't need the money for anything else. I think the big turning point for me was when I decided to display my collection (currently only Palitoy Logo'd Debut figures 12-45A, I currently have 48 out of the 49 figures). I really want to expand my display to include non debut Palitoy Logo'd figures as I have quite a few non debut 41/45A figures that I currently don't display.

Collecting last year was expensive but fruitful as I managed to acquire all the Palitoy 12 backs (excluding variations), all the 20 backs, Nineteen 30 Backs (just need the Fett), Seventeen 41 backs and Eighteen 45A backs.

Collecting this year has been frustrating as I have only managed to buy one 41 back and one 45A back. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to buy another collection, individual pieces or something will turn up on Vectis.
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby apack7229 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 pm

I hate it when you ask the seller to pack your stuff well and they tell you the will only for them to throw it in a bag and damage the corners. :x
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

TrooperWill
New User
New User

Postby TrooperWill » Thu May 10, 2018 2:31 pm

I hate it when you ask the seller to pack your stuff well and they tell you the will only for them to throw it in a bag and damage the corners.

what was it? still sickened by the photos online of MOC crushed and folded in jiffy bags :shock:
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby apack7229 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:57 pm

It was a bunch of vintage magazines. Not much damage but could have been avoided if he packed them like he said.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”