Header image

Help with falcons ?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Help with falcons ?

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi guys I have this 2 falcons and I do not know if I should split them up and sell them or sell them as a lot, sell the parts or try to trade the spare parts for the parts I am missing to get a complete one that I can sell :? I have an offer for £60 for it all and I do not know if I should take it. What would you do ?

I do not need them because I all ready have some complete ones in my collection.

Is £60 a good offer ? :?

P1160448.JPG
P1160448.JPG (88.67 KiB) Viewed 121 times

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Help with falcons ?

Postby Snaketibe » Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm

It's entirely up to you of course. Selling the parts individually should make you more than £60 at current prices, but then again it's a lot more hassle for you dealing with multiple sales compared to just one. An offer of £60 isn't outrageously low, but nevertheless it probably is a bit too low for the job lot, so if you want to shift them in one go, you could ask the potential buyer to up their bid a bit.

Good luck! :-)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:25 am

Snaketibe wrote:It's entirely up to you of course. Selling the parts individually should make you more than £60 at current prices, but then again it's a lot more hassle for you dealing with multiple sales compared to just one. An offer of £60 isn't outrageously low, but nevertheless it probably is a bit too low for the job lot, so if you want to shift them in one go, you could ask the potential buyer to up their bid a bit.

Good luck! :-)

Thanks, he will not pay more than the £60 and he want free mail :?

I do not miss so many parts for a complete one, I only miss

COCKPIT LID HATCH
Jedi training ball and arm
1 rear leg
boarding ramp because something is broken on the one I have

so it is only 4 parts, maybe I should try to trade for this parts :?

TrooperWill
Regular
Regular

Postby TrooperWill » Wed May 02, 2018 1:33 pm

i would try trading them on facebook/forums, I do a fair bit of trading as its more fun for me than just typing my card number into ebay continually . If not, the money you make selling the spares should cover the parts you need, the only really pricey part is the training ball.
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item

Mrleemur
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mrleemur » Wed May 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

it's from my childhood falcon though, so unless you want to pay millions, don't go making any offers!! :lol:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:43 pm

TrooperWill wrote:i would try trading them on facebook/forums, I do a fair bit of trading as its more fun for me than just typing my card number into ebay continually . If not, the money you make selling the spares should cover the parts you need, the only really pricey part is the training ball.

thanks, I will think about it :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Mrleemur wrote:Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

it's from my childhood falcon though, so unless you want to pay millions, don't go making any offers!! :lol:

:lol: what did you do to the rest of the falcon ? :shock:

Mrleemur
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Mrleemur » Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 am

Pomse2001 wrote:
Mrleemur wrote:Ironically, I think the only part I have left is the training ball and arm.

Pretty sure all our vehicles got donated somewhere :(

Still have the figures and minirigs though! :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am

Mrleemur wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Pretty sure all our vehicles got donated somewhere :(

Still have the figures and minirigs though! :D

sorry to read all your vehicles got donated :shock: But I am glad to read that you still have the minirigs and figures :wink:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”