1983 Return of the Jedi Luke Jedi Knight Outfit figure

Bagy3

Youngling
I'm thinking about purchasing a 1983 ROTJ Luke in Jedi Knight Outfit figure, but I don't know if that is a good decision, because of the figures condition. The card all by itself looks very good, with no dents or cracks. The only problem is the bubble - it's yellow, but everything about the figure seems great.

I don't know how much the condition and the overall value of this figure is lowered if the bubble is yellow.

Crumm

Padawan
Bagy3 said:
I'm thinking about purchasing a 1983 ROTJ Luke in Jedi Knight Outfit figure, but I don't know if that is a good decision, because of the figures condition. The card all by itself looks very good, with no dents or cracks. The only problem is the bubble - it's yellow, but everything about the figure seems great.

I don't know how much the condition and the overall value of this figure is lowered if the bubble is yellow.

I am looking for exactly the same figure. I have seen quite a few with yellow bubbles, and deliberated for ages on them. But in the end I couldn't bring myself to buy one of them.

That's my hang-up though, and the main reason is that Luke Jedi and maybe Darth Vader are the only MOC's I think I will ever buy. So I am holding out for the best examples I can possibly get.

Luke Jedi MOC seems to be a bit of a problem. He tends to be either yellowed bubble (Standard RotJ card) or damaged/ dinged bubble (Tri-logo card). I have decided I would like a clear bubble Standard RotJ carded one, I know there are clear examples out there, it is just a question of waiting for one to come up.

If you really want it and don't mind the yellowing I would say go for it, but if you have any inkling that you may regret it later it may be wise to wait. I am steadily learning that patience, persistence and not letting your heart over-rule your head (at least not every time) are massive virtues in this hobby, and usually pay off in the end :D

Best of luck with whatever decision you make, please post pics when you get one!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Certain cards are prone to yellow bubbles and the rarity of the card will have an effect on desirability to collectors, I.e rare card with a yellow bubble that completes a collectors run will by the very fact it is rare and desirable not detract as much on price, but a plentiful card with a yellow bubble will ( should) definitely cost less than its counterpart with a clear bubble.
In general yellow bubbles do to a certain extent affect value, but it is down to what you are happy with for you and your collection.
For me personally a yellow bubble is fine, but I would expect to pay less than I would for the same card with a clear bubble. It's down to your personal preference, what you want it, are you a transient collector that needs to buy with investment in mind, or a die hard vintage fan that wants a piece for what it means to you personally and not what it means to the collectors market.

Good luck :D

poncho

Grand Master
there was a find of potf mocs a few years back they were crystal clear now some have turned yellow.

this was due to exposure to light after so many years in storage

in you want a clear bubble i suggest you look for a trilogo or pali rotj with tri logo bubble

subzero

Sith Lord
Yep trilogo without a doubt, you may possibly have to sacrifice having a perfect shaped bubble though in exchange for it being crystal clear, because almost all trilogo bubbles have at least some sort of denting/imperfections from over the years because the bubbles are weaker, but with patience you could get a perfect non-dented trilogo bubble, they do come up once in a while.

Bagy3

Youngling
Thank you for the help, here is the photo of the figure I was referring to.
IMG_2302.3.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I would say that one is about average, I've seen a lot worse!
How much is up for sale for?

Bagy3

Youngling
It is currently selling for 225$, but if I'm going to purchase it, I need to count in the postage and everything to get it shipped to Slovenia (that is where I reside :D). I think that the total cost of it is going to be around 300€ :shock: , I don't know if that's too much for a figure in that condition though

Crumm

Padawan
Personally I would wait. I think with a little patience you will find one in better condition for less money. and probably closer to home (IE: a seller in europe) which should reduce the cost of shipping too.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think with some patience you could find one for around £150-200 from a UK or European seller.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I think with some patience you could find one for around £150-200 from a UK or European seller.

^^^this^^^
the seller that photo is grabbed from is well known for being VERY high priced and then total on top the import fees and international shipping, you'll be looking at 2 times (or more) the actual cost in the UK with some patience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom