SWTOTW, Week 20, 2018, Part 2/2 Build your armies mailer

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Build your armies mailer:

00.jpg

I do not collect this Micro collection items so I do not know anything about this set :oops:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I too have never seen one of these, if anyone has one could you post some pictures, thanks.

TrooperWill

Padawan
curiosity got he better of me, turns out i have seen it a few times and never realised...

https://www.starwars.com/news/making-the-galaxy-smaller-inside-kenners-star-wars-micro-collection-part-1

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pretty niche now Lars!

I have these loose if no-one else chimes in :)

thanks :lol: You are welcome to add the loose ones in the thread andy :D We can't wait to see them :D

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:
Pretty niche now Lars!

thanks :lol: You are welcome to add the loose ones in the thread andy :D We can't wait to see them :D

Right, these are from the bottom of my children's 'tiny Star Wars' toy box. I bought a job lot of them years ago for my kids to play with and they have been fantastic value for money. The older two kids have outgrown toys, but my youngest still plays with them occasionally. The figures are a little bit battered but not too bad considering.

Rebels

BYA_5.jpg

BYA_6.jpg

BYA_7.jpg

BYA_8.jpg

Snowtroopers

BYA_1.jpg

BYA_2.jpg

BYA_3.jpg

BYA_4.jpg

A built army

BYA_9.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
forgot I own these as well :oops:

The two soldiers on the left are Build Your Armies figures repainted to test for alternative toy (soldier?) lines

18_12_17_009.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:
and a photo from 2007 when we got the figs
September 15th 2007 002.jpg
But what's going on? Anyone would think these things are toys to be played with! :D

Ha ha - exactly! And made in their millions (although maybe 10s if thousands for micro?)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:
Pretty niche now Lars!

Right, these are from the bottom of my children's 'tiny Star Wars' toy box. I bought a job lot of them years ago for my kids to play with and they have been fantastic value for money. The older two kids have outgrown toys, but my youngest still plays with them occasionally. The figures are a little bit battered but not too bad considering.

Thanks andy for sharing the pictures of your childrens cool items, I did not know they looked like that :D

So are you hunting a box for them ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

The two soldiers on the left are Build Your Armies figures repainted to test for alternative toy (soldier?) lines

some more figures, wow nice figures. Are they repainted from the factory ? :?

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

Presumably these came in a white mailer box but I've never thought of looking for one. Think I will have to track one down now.

And unpainted factory samples are very common for micro collection. Some were taken by Kenner employees to test paint etc for other toy lines. The gold stormtrooper is also thought to be a test

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:
Pomse2001 said:
spoons said:

Presumably these came in a white mailer box but I've never thought of looking for one. Think I will have to track one down now.

And unpainted factory samples are very common for micro collection. Some were taken by Kenner employees to test paint etc for other toy lines. The gold stormtrooper is also thought to be a test

Nice I am glad to read that you now want one :wink: thanks for the info, funny that this samples are very common :shock:

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:

I don't collect these myself, but a quick bit of Googling confirms you are correct. There's a picture of the mailer and even a link to a YouTube ad for the Build Your Armies mailer on TIG here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/Mailer-Guide-h7.htm?sid=7913ac717d23e3b61909c9b1b05d20e9

That's great! thanks Jeremy

TrooperWill

Padawan
wow thanks for posting some up, crazy to see that they are in much better condition than any micro collection figures i have come across, but have been played with for years! thanks also for the picture of the kids playing, the micro collection is actually bigger than i realised.!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom