Replica Vehicle Boxes

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
I'm trying to obtain the last few boxed vehicles I need but I notice there's a lot of replica boxes on Ebay which is a concern, just wondering has anyone seen these in the flesh ? Are they convincing or are they easily distinguishable from originals ? Are they marked anywhere on the boxes to say if it's repro or not ? I know originals usually have edge wear but I wouldn't put it past some people to try and "age" these replica boxes to try and pass them off as originals, Thanks

Richard_H

Grand Master
They are marked in small font "made by a twat." Or is it "made by replicator products"? I forget

Easily distinguishable because they're very poor quality inkjet jobs.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Leave well alone bud... the quality is far from good so can't be confused with genuine vintage... plus they are marked as Richard said above..

The guy is a parasite in the vintage world... yet people still line his pockets buying this crap.... the guy/guys that has given him originals to copy need stringing up too.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Thanks, just to be clear i'm not thinking of buying them, I'm just concerned with buying a boxed vehicle that someone has advertised as original and it turns out to be repro

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
They are marked in small font "made by a twat." Or is it "made by replicator products"? I forget

Easily distinguishable because they're very poor quality inkjet jobs.
Are all the different box types always marked in the same place or different places?

subzero

Sith Lord
I love it when you get someone who genuinely thinks they look nice and of very good quality.

Toy Polloi got banished from here just for saying that on here, just like Jar Jar did from his home. :lol:

stu70

Padawan
I've seen one of his 12 inch Chewbacca boxes up close and the quality of it was terrible, and he wants nearly £40 quid for them!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
They're utter trash
Poor quality through out. Not only do they stand out a mile they're utterly worthless. Avoid at all costs, you shouldn't get conned either as they're so obvious

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Shop around, you'll get the real deal for not much more and in some case even less than he's charging. With repro you're throwing cash away, at least with original stuff you'll keep hold of your investment and might even profit from it - there's no way that will ever happen with repro.

Once you've seen them in person you'll be able to spot them a mile away.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ChallengerFox said:
I'm trying to obtain the last few boxed vehicles I need but I notice there's a lot of replica boxes on Ebay which is a concern, just wondering has anyone seen these in the flesh ? Are they convincing or are they easily distinguishable from originals ? Are they marked anywhere on the boxes to say if it's repro or not ? I know originals usually have edge wear but I wouldn't put it past some people to try and "age" these replica boxes to try and pass them off as originals, Thanks

I am very tired of all this replica on ebay. Every time I search for a moc or a box then there comes a lot of replica and resealed items and many of them do not write that it is resealed or a replica before you have been opening the auction and read about what i for sale :evil:

I have never bought replica and I would never buy it, I have only bought custom made moc that was not made in the good old days.

Tony jedi

Padawan
I thought that ANY replica or repro stuff was not allowed on feebay. Not just star wars but anything. Yet obviously feebay are allowing this shite on there.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm just glad we are all against replica/repro boxes. I've just left a Six million dollar man group because I couldn't convince them that repro boxes were damaging to the hobby. Some tool selling them and the admin was all for it, saying the guy was doing nothing wrong, the seller even offered to send the admin one for free for sticking up for him. Called them cunts and the admin weak so that was the end of that :lol:

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
db94 said:
I'm just glad we are all against replica/repro boxes. I've just left a Six million dollar man group because I couldn't convince them that repro boxes were damaging to the hobby. Some tool selling them and the admin was all for it, saying the guy was doing nothing wrong, the seller even offered to send the admin one for free for sticking up for him. Called them cunts and the admin weak so that was the end of that :lol:

:lol:

Ok guys, this is an interesting topic and i agree in principle with all your views.
However, i have in years gone by purchased a few custom items such as a couple of unproduced Ewoks second series figures and an R5 and PD custom proto aswell as a carded VC Jawa which i still own.
For the sake of 30quid i enjoy having it as a supplemental display and conversational piece.
I have pondered over the last year or so in acquiring one of his Fett or his action figure bell displays as they would look great to accompany/highlight my focus.
Does thinking about it make me a bad person?

Lindo

Sith Lord
Pulsar said:
db94 said:

:lol:

Ok guys, this is an interesting topic and i agree in principle with all your views.
However, i have in years gone by purchased a few custom items such as a couple of unproduced Ewoks second series figures and an R5 and PD custom proto aswell as a carded VC Jawa which i still own.
For the sake of 30quid i enjoy having it as a supplemental display and conversational piece.
I have pondered over the last year or so in acquiring one of his Fett or his action figure bell displays as they would look great to accompany/highlight my focus.
Does thinking about it make me a bad person?
As bad as bad can be :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom