Header image

Replica Vehicle Boxes

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
ChallengerFox
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Replica Vehicle Boxes

Postby ChallengerFox » Mon May 28, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm trying to obtain the last few boxed vehicles I need but I notice there's a lot of replica boxes on Ebay which is a concern, just wondering has anyone seen these in the flesh ? Are they convincing or are they easily distinguishable from originals ? Are they marked anywhere on the boxes to say if it's repro or not ? I know originals usually have edge wear but I wouldn't put it past some people to try and "age" these replica boxes to try and pass them off as originals, Thanks

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Replica Vehicle Boxes

Postby Richard_H » Mon May 28, 2018 5:21 pm

They are marked in small font “made by a twat.” Or is it “made by replicator products”? I forget

Easily distinguishable because they’re very poor quality inkjet jobs.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby MarkG » Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Leave well alone bud... the quality is far from good so can't be confused with genuine vintage... plus they are marked as Richard said above..

The guy is a parasite in the vintage world... yet people still line his pockets buying this crap.... the guy/guys that has given him originals to copy need stringing up too.
Wanted - Instruction sheets and Stormtrooper cardbacks preferably....
Lili Ledy Boxed Speeder Bike

ChallengerFox
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby ChallengerFox » Mon May 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks, just to be clear i'm not thinking of buying them, I'm just concerned with buying a boxed vehicle that someone has advertised as original and it turns out to be repro

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Richard_H wrote:They are marked in small font “made by a twat.” Or is it “made by replicator products”? I forget

Easily distinguishable because they’re very poor quality inkjet jobs.

Are all the different box types always marked in the same place or different places?

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Not sure, think it’s roughly the same place
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Mon May 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Just to add, he doesn’t print them onto cardboard, he prints onto paper and the glues it to the cardboard. You can imagine how good that looks......
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue May 29, 2018 7:36 am

I love it when you get someone who genuinely thinks they look nice and of very good quality.

Toy Polloi got banished from here just for saying that on here, just like Jar Jar did from his home. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

stu70
Regular
Regular

Postby stu70 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm

I've seen one of his 12 inch Chewbacca boxes up close and the quality of it was terrible, and he wants nearly £40 quid for them!

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 am

They're utter trash
Poor quality through out. Not only do they stand out a mile they're utterly worthless. Avoid at all costs, you shouldn't get conned either as they're so obvious
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:04 am

Shop around, you'll get the real deal for not much more and in some case even less than he's charging. With repro you're throwing cash away, at least with original stuff you'll keep hold of your investment and might even profit from it - there's no way that will ever happen with repro.

Once you've seen them in person you'll be able to spot them a mile away.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:08 pm

ChallengerFox wrote:I'm trying to obtain the last few boxed vehicles I need but I notice there's a lot of replica boxes on Ebay which is a concern, just wondering has anyone seen these in the flesh ? Are they convincing or are they easily distinguishable from originals ? Are they marked anywhere on the boxes to say if it's repro or not ? I know originals usually have edge wear but I wouldn't put it past some people to try and "age" these replica boxes to try and pass them off as originals, Thanks

I am very tired of all this replica on ebay. Every time I search for a moc or a box then there comes a lot of replica and resealed items and many of them do not write that it is resealed or a replica before you have been opening the auction and read about what i for sale :evil:

I have never bought replica and I would never buy it, I have only bought custom made moc that was not made in the good old days.

Tony jedi
Regular
Regular

Postby Tony jedi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm

I thought that ANY replica or repro stuff was not allowed on feebay. Not just star wars but anything. Yet obviously feebay are allowing this shite on there.
"As you wish"

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm just glad we are all against replica/repro boxes. I've just left a Six million dollar man group because I couldn't convince them that repro boxes were damaging to the hobby. Some tool selling them and the admin was all for it, saying the guy was doing nothing wrong, the seller even offered to send the admin one for free for sticking up for him. Called them cunts and the admin weak so that was the end of that :lol:
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:59 am

db94 wrote:I'm just glad we are all against replica/repro boxes. I've just left a Six million dollar man group because I couldn't convince them that repro boxes were damaging to the hobby. Some tool selling them and the admin was all for it, saying the guy was doing nothing wrong, the seller even offered to send the admin one for free for sticking up for him. Called them cunts and the admin weak so that was the end of that :lol:

:lol:

Ok guys, this is an interesting topic and i agree in principle with all your views.
However, i have in years gone by purchased a few custom items such as a couple of unproduced Ewoks second series figures and an R5 and PD custom proto aswell as a carded VC Jawa which i still own.
For the sake of 30quid i enjoy having it as a supplemental display and conversational piece.
I have pondered over the last year or so in acquiring one of his Fett or his action figure bell displays as they would look great to accompany/highlight my focus.
Does thinking about it make me a bad person?
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”