Best way to send / package figures

stefkiwi84

Youngling
Hello!
Hope this is the correct place to ask this...I am working my way through my collection to sell before we emigrate and I have finally come to my boxes of figures - some loose and some with cards. Can anyone tell me the safest way they send / receive these when they buy or sell? I am concerned that jiffy bags won't keep them as safe as I would like but boxing them all would certainly be interesting and add more cost to postage which may put off buyers. Can anyone make any recommendations please? Thank you! Don't want to sell things and they get damaged because I used a jiffy bag!
Sorry if I sound like a newbie...haha...this is the first time I have ever used Ebay to sell stuff and I am a worrier!
Thank you for your advice guys :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Please don't use jiffy bags for carded figures, it will destroy those pieces in the post, it's happened countless times to many collectors.

Always use boxes and just add any extra cost it may be onto the total postage price with the sale, trust me collectors don't mind paying an extra couple of quid to have a fragile vintage item posted properly & safely, they'd rather do that than see it get crushed in the post. You also need to make sure your boxes are strong enough to avoid being crushed, and add some bubble wrap inside it around the item to protect it from damage, also look into plastic 'star cases' for SW figures, they will add very good protection to a carded figure inside a box. Any figure carded with a bubble you'd need to protect the bubble too if the figure can move around in it, otherwise it can get cracked from the figure moving about even if the MOC itself is protected.

Only ever use jiffy bags for posting loose unpackaged figures, if an item can get crushed/bent/damaged in any way and it's in a jiffy bag chances are it will get wrecked and you'll have returns & refunds to also deal with. Don't mean to sound patronising or anything but just mentioning the do's and don'ts just in case.

Good luck with your sales.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Jiffy bags are fine for lower end loose figures IMHO. Always a good idea to wrap the figure in kitchen roll first and seal any weapons between a couple of bits of card. Any more valuable figures need to be boxed though. Cardbacks are also OK in a suitably sized jiffy, so long as they are securely sandwiched between two stiff pieces of card.

You could always give the buyer the option, with two different postage costs.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hi guys i have a graded figure, baggie and moc to send and i am also unsure on posting! Would you use a jiffy for the baggie and box for the other two?

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
For bog standard loose figures, wrap them in bubble wrap, put the weapon in a baggie and tape this to the bubble wrap and then put everything in a Jiffy bag.
More expensive and fragile loose like ev-9d9 you'd be better off with a box and packing peanuts in addition to the bubble wrap.

Best way to ship carded items is to either gently clingfilm the bubble or cut strips of cardboard to support it (don't tape these to the moc!) and put in a star case which is filled with packing peanuts. Then put the whole thing in another larger box filled with bubble wrap/packing peanuts.

Graded items you'll just have to bubble wrap and put in a large box with packing peanuts but since the bubble can't be supported, there's no way to stop the figure breaking out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom